Tarot Association of the British Isles - courses

Piper

So, this came off the ATA thread that can be found here.

For those of you who became TABI members, did you feel it was worth the money spent on it? Is it worth shuffling the money around to get it? Did you take the course that I think comes with it? How was that?

Netzach

I went to the TABI annual conference this year and it was brilliant - worth every penny. And not expensive either (I can't quite remember but around £160 for Friday evening to Sunday afternoon including accommodation and meals).

The TABI courses are free. You don't even have to be a member of TABI - but you get to the top of the waiting list faster if you are. However, at the moment they're not taking on any more people because the waiting list is full.

And membership only costs £20.

Sulis

I'm a TABI free reader but I didn't do the course.

The course is based on Joan Bunning's 'Learn Tarot' course: http://www.learntarot.com/course.htmf

I don't like using keywords or Joan Bunnings course so that's why I didn't do it.

I think they do an advanced course too but not too sure.

I joined TABI because I wanted practice reading for the public for free and I've had lots of that since I joined..

They're a friendly bunch too :)

Piper

International membership is a little more expensive (22 pounds), and that equates to about $45 USD. I know they're accepting more memberships, just no more students I think, correct?

Sulis

Why do you want to join, is it to do the course?

Piper

No, I've done Joan Bunning's course a few times, I was more looking for a professional association where I could get more experience reading for others in a professional setting. Does that make sense?

Netzach

Piper said:
No, I've done Joan Bunning's course a few times, I was more looking for a professional association where I could get more experience reading for others in a professional setting. Does that make sense?

In that case, yes it's well worth joining TABI. You have to get endorsed before you can become a free reader . . . that entails doing a minimum of 25 readings for the TABI Free Reading website under the supervision of a mentor. Then, once you're endorsed, you have to do at least one free reading a month to retain your endorsement. But you can do as many as you like.

Sulis

Yes I agree with Netzach that TABI would probably be the sort of thing you're looking for then.

I joined TABI for the same reasons - I wanted some practice reading for the public and I've had plenty since I've joined.

The free readings that TABI offers to the public by email use up to 3 cards so you get lots and lots of experience with small spreads (and that can only be a good thing).

You can also do live readings for TABI at events such as Witchfest (but unless you're over in the UK, that won't apply to you - sorry just realised you're in Salem).

Piper

Well, I went ahead and used some of my birthday money to go ahead and join TABI, since its been recommended so highly.

Webwitch

I did the course and found it more than worth the money I paid to join. What's more, when I get more regular internet access, I will be going through the endorsement programme and, perhaps, joining in face to face readings at events under the TABI banner - all being well.