YES/NO Questions Using Lenormand

empresslove

I am new to using the Lenormand and I'm very interested in the how accurate and predictive the yes/no answers are...

The following guidelines for interpreting the answer based on predominance of card color is not mine, it's from Art of Cartomancy:

5 red and 0 black = definitely yes, the outcome is predetermined
4 red and 1 black = most likely yes, there could be free will involve, or the querent may be able to influence the matter
3 red and 2 black = probably yes, there is definitely free will involve, or the querent may be able to influence the matter
2 red and 3 black = probably no, but the querent may be able to influence the situation for a more positive outcome
1 red and 4 black = most likely no, there is small room for change, but the situation is not hopeless
0 red and 5 black = definitely no, it is not meant to be

Next technique is simply using and counting the negatives cards, neutral cards and positive cards.

I asked the Lenormand two unrelated questions this morning...

1. "Does she marry him?"
The Mountain (black), The Whip (black), The Stork (red), The Snake (black), The Bear (black)

Based on the negative vs. positive cards, I'm a little confused b/c different people consider some cards positive vs. neutral. My little book says the Whip and the Snake are neutral while other sites say the Whip and the Snake are negative. Personally and instinctively I agree with the sites, that the Whip and the Snake lean more on the negative side. But if I go by my book than the answer is maybe....

If I go with the sites positive vs negative vs neutral definition (and my own gut), than the answer is No.

If I go with counting the color technique than the answer is "1 red and 4 black = most likely no, there is small room for change, but the situation is not hopeless"

2. "Does he call me today?"

The Rider (red) (positive), The Heart (red) (positive), The Tree (red) (neutral), The Clover (red) (positive), The Crossroads (red) (neutral)...

This would be a yes using both techniques... But it's a "maybe yes" if I used the positive vs. Negative vs. Neutral technique... because it ends at crossroads.

Using the color code, it's a resounding yes "5 red and 0 black = definitely yes, the outcome is predetermined"

Any feedback or opinions or suggestions are all welcomed! :)

Barleywine

Another cartomantic idea I came across in Caitlin Matthews' book is that Hearts represent "Yes," Diamonds "Maybe Yes," Spades "Maybe No" and Clubs "No." One thing I've noticed is that this doesn't always line up well with the positive, neutral and negative nature of the Lenormand meanings themselves.

empresslove

Thank you Barleywine!

Wow, that's makes it even more complicated.... but intriguing. I will test this technique as well and see if which one seems to be more predictive and natural for my use... so far I kind of like combining the positive/negative with counting the colors... when it's appropriate.

Another cartomantic idea I came across in Caitlin Matthews' book is that Hearts represent "Yes," Diamonds "Maybe Yes," Spades "Maybe No" and Clubs "No." One thing I've noticed is that this doesn't always line up well with the positive, neutral and negative nature of the Lenormand meanings themselves.

ThtDancerGuy

I am new to using the Lenormand and I'm very interested in the how accurate and predictive the yes/no answers are...

The following guidelines for interpreting the answer based on predominance of card color is not mine, it's from Art of Cartomancy:

5 red and 0 black = definitely yes, the outcome is predetermined
4 red and 1 black = most likely yes, there could be free will involve, or the querent may be able to influence the matter
3 red and 2 black = probably yes, there is definitely free will involve, or the querent may be able to influence the matter
2 red and 3 black = probably no, but the querent may be able to influence the situation for a more positive outcome
1 red and 4 black = most likely no, there is small room for change, but the situation is not hopeless
0 red and 5 black = definitely no, it is not meant to be

Next technique is simply using and counting the negatives cards, neutral cards and positive cards.

I asked the Lenormand two unrelated questions this morning...

1. "Does she marry him?"
The Mountain (black), The Whip (black), The Stork (red), The Snake (black), The Bear (black)

Based on the negative vs. positive cards, I'm a little confused b/c different people consider some cards positive vs. neutral. My little book says the Whip and the Snake are neutral while other sites say the Whip and the Snake are negative. Personally and instinctively I agree with the sites, that the Whip and the Snake lean more on the negative side. But if I go by my book than the answer is maybe....

If I go with the sites positive vs negative vs neutral definition (and my own gut), than the answer is No.

If I go with counting the color technique than the answer is "1 red and 4 black = most likely no, there is small room for change, but the situation is not hopeless"

2. "Does he call me today?"

The Rider (red) (positive), The Heart (red) (positive), The Tree (red) (neutral), The Clover (red) (positive), The Crossroads (red) (neutral)...

This would be a yes using both techniques... But it's a "maybe yes" if I used the positive vs. Negative vs. Neutral technique... because it ends at crossroads.

Using the color code, it's a resounding yes "5 red and 0 black = definitely yes, the outcome is predetermined"

Any feedback or opinions or suggestions are all welcomed! :)

Hi empresslove,

I do not use the suits method nor the positive-negative ratio of cards to answer yes or no questions, however, positive and negative cards will affect the answer depending on where they are and what they are around. I actually read the cards and find the most value in that. So for will they get married? Mountain + Whip + Stork + Snake + Bear is hands down a definite NO for me, yes mostly due to the fact that there are so many negative cards in this line, but it's not just that. The Stork is a positive card always but in this context and with such cards around it, it shows moving on and not getting married (Stork = moving on, changing, getting over, moving upward or away from), but in any other context the fact that it is sandwiched between the Whip and the Snake, two negative cards, means that it is being colored negatively and so plays into why it's a NO. I think one of the most important things to remember when doing yes or no questions is that absolutely no card is strictly positive or negative, they all change and take on different orientations under different contexts. For instance, if I have a husband who I am afraid will leave me and I ask the cards "Is Joseph going to leave me?" and I pull Stork + Mountain + Anchor, Stork and Anchor are both positive cards beginning and ending this line and if I was going by just that it is a YES. BUT you have to actually read the cards. These cards are saying NO because Mountain and Anchor, even though Anchor is positive and in another reading may be a YES, are showing that Joseph will stay put, he is not going anywhere anytime soon (Stork = leaving + Mountain = stuck + Anchor = anchored). The Stork here is showing that he will not leave because it is followed by cards that block its movement: the Mountain and the Anchor.
As for if he will call you today, Rider (getting a call) + Heart (happy, joyful) + Tree (a long time) + Clover (lucky) + Crossroads (something else, different path) to me looks like yes he will call you because you have the Rider and the Heart, which together show a nice call coming in, but the Tree and the Crossroads look to me like it won't happen until later in the day (Tree) and until he takes care of other things in his day (Crossroads).

BeyondtheVeil

Wow! That seems complicated. lol Why don't you just draw one card for yes/no?

It has worked for me perfectly up until the other day. It wasn't wrong per say.. just more about what the card meant.

I drew Clover for if someone would get a job as they walked into a job interview. I immediately thought YES :thumbsup: Clover is all about luck, positive things, etc.

Turns out that she walked out of the interview as she waited there for 30 minutes and the manager didn't even come to apologize or acknowledge she was there. She had time to speak to some of the employees who told her that it was a mess, the manager was very unprofessional, and the place wasn't ever busy. The manager wasn't even busy but rather talking to friends. She looked around the place and notice that there were barely any business customers. It was a peak time, so that verified it for her.

She felt lucky that the manager had been so unprofessional and left her sitting there. She had time to speak with other employees and see for herself what a mistake working there would have been.

Mostly though, the one card draws have been spot on for yes/no answers. I always test them for something that I can get feedback for within a couple of days. Usually that day.

I also found that Ship is a yes card, but could mean yes in movement. Like Will I see X today? I drew Ship. I did, but we were in cars passing each other. lol

You can practice with one card on yes/no on answers that you will get immediately or within two days. It helps build the confidence and helps you figure out how your cards work with yes/no.

It's worth a try anyway! :heart:

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

Barleywine

Hi empresslove,

I do not use the suits method nor the positive-negative ratio of cards to answer yes or no questions, however, positive and negative cards will affect the answer depending on where they are and what they are around. I actually read the cards and find the most value in that. So for will they get married? Mountain + Whip + Stork + Snake + Bear is hands down a definite NO for me, yes mostly due to the fact that there are so many negative cards in this line, but it's not just that. The Stork is a positive card always but in this context and with such cards around it, it shows moving on and not getting married (Stork = moving on, changing, getting over, moving upward or away from), but in any other context the fact that it is sandwiched between the Whip and the Snake, two negative cards, means that it is being colored negatively and so plays into why it's a NO. I think one of the most important things to remember when doing yes or no questions is that absolutely no card is strictly positive or negative, they all change and take on different orientations under different contexts. For instance, if I have a husband who I am afraid will leave me and I ask the cards "Is Joseph going to leave me?" and I pull Stork + Mountain + Anchor, Stork and Anchor are both positive cards beginning and ending this line and if I was going by just that it is a YES. BUT you have to actually read the cards. These cards are saying NO because Mountain and Anchor, even though Anchor is positive and in another reading may be a YES, are showing that Joseph will stay put, he is not going anywhere anytime soon (Stork = leaving + Mountain = stuck + Anchor = anchored). The Stork here is showing that he will not leave because it is followed by cards that block its movement: the Mountain and the Anchor.
As for if he will call you today, Rider (getting a call) + Heart (happy, joyful) + Tree (a long time) + Clover (lucky) + Crossroads (something else, different path) to me looks like yes he will call you because you have the Rider and the Heart, which together show a nice call coming in, but the Tree and the Crossroads look to me like it won't happen until later in the day (Tree) and until he takes care of other things in his day (Crossroads).

This is a very effective and reasonable approach that gets right to the heart of the problem I have with simply using the accumulation of positive or negative cards to swing a yes/no judgment one way or the other: it brings in the testimony of the card meanings, not just their assigned values. If you're not going to do that, you might just well use a series of "heads-or-tails" coin flips. It might be argued that a simple "yes" or "no" doesn't require that much work, but I also like to be able to say "why."

snowmoon

hi,

i had try several method of yesno,

even one card for yesno, read the pips , read the natural, negative, positive

well, the accurate would be 50 to 50.