Sizes

AmethystEyes

Are most decks smaller than tarot cards? I like the standard poker size and most decks I am finding (maybe its the ones I like?) are about 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches.

pickled pixie

Yes most decks are poker sized. I do like the minis though especially for GT's :)

Village Witch

I am finding I like bridge size decks the best. Bridge size is slightly thinner than poker sized.

Bridge size is 3.5 inches high and 2.25 inches wide, while poker size is 3.5 inches high and 2.5 inches wide. At least according to what I found when I googled. I have never actually measured my decks.

AmethystEyes

Hmm well the rws sized ones are what I mean that l like

kalliope

Yep, Lenormands are traditionally small decks -- probably because the Grand Tableau was the standard way of laying them out, and that takes up a lot of room!

Village Witch is right about bridge size vs poker size. Standard playing cards (like Bicycle brand from the drug store) are poker size, for reference. Most of the older decks are closer to bridge size (more narrow). (The Blue & White Owls, the various Dondorfs, Carte Mundi, etc.) Good reproductions are often bridge size also.

Many of the recent, contemporary Lenormands are poker size, and I've always assumed it was because the size is easily available via small production printers that indie deck designers use.

I like both sizes, but there's something very pleasant about the slimmer profile of the bridge sized decks so those are my favorite. :)

AmethystEyes

Thanks Kalliope! Guess there is no point in looking for larger ones than :p

kalliope

There are a couple of tarot-sized Lenormand out there. Ladybird produced a larger edition of her Antiquarian Lenormand. I know there are at least 1-2 others floating around out there, but I can't remember them.

If you're strongly interested in large Lenormands, you should start a thread asking for recommendations. I'm sure someone around here knows, and they may not be reading this thread!

Aster Breo

The Fairy Tale Fortune Telling Cards (I think that's the right name) are larger than standard size Lenormand cards.