Correct me if i'm wrong...

Sharla

Hi

Its the houses im talking about, like the houses in a GT and what they represent.

Im not sure if i am reading the houses correctly, i know the houses are supposed to only have certain set meanings. Or maybe just one meaning, i'm not sure.

Im going to give my meaning for each house what i have, could you please give me feedback on what you think and if im wrong in any house meaning.

1.Rider: Any messages the seeker will receive.
2.Clover: Where the seeker can find luck, or any gambles to have taken or an opportunity.
3 Ship: Any travels they have or will undertake or a transition period.
4 House: Anything going on in the family home.
5 Tree: Health or family tradition.
6 Clouds: Anything which will cause doubt or confusion.
7 Snake: False friends and enemy's
8 Coffin: Endings /losses/deaths
9 Bouquet:Gifts you receive or where the seeker is appreciated.
10 Scythe: Quick endings or anything that needs to be cut out.
11 Whip: Repeating the same thing over and over again such as a mistake. Self punishment/ Guilt.
12 Birds: Chatter / gossip
13 Child: Children in seekers life
14 Fox: Where the seeker is being cunning and sly.
15 Bear: Any authority figures such as bosses or parents.
16 Stars: Dreams, wishes.
17 Stork: Significant changes which will happen.
18 Dog: Friends
19 Tower: Ambitions or being seperated from someone.
20 Garden: Group of people/parties/public places
21 Mountain: Long term problems
22 Crossroads: Choices
23 Mice: Stress or anything that deteriorates slowly over time
24 Heart: Love and relationships
25 Ring: Any commitments.
26 Book: Secrets or studying
27 Letter: Messages, letters or documents
28 man
29 Woman
30 Lily .......
31 Sun: Success
32 Moon: Reputation
33 Key: Things of great importance or things that you need to open up in yourself or what is hut off from yourself.
34 Fish: Finances
35 Anchor: Anything that is stable in their life.
36 Cross: Religion or burdens

I don't have one assigned for lilys as im not sure about it.

Would be grateful for any feedback :)

DownUnderNZer

Lily is "sex" etc, if doing "traditional".

Sharla

Lily is "sex" etc, if doing "traditional".

Okay thanks for this DownUnderNZer. Infact i dont know why i never clicked on to it being sex before now after you saying it, as there are no other house for sex that i had.

Barleywine

One idea I've encountered about the Lilies and sex is that it's more about "committed" (such as marital) sex, while the Whip is more about casual sex. I don't usual look for sexual issues in my Lenormand readings, so don't quote me on that.

magpie9

lillies can also be older people, wisdom or serenity. it depends on what system you're using.

Padma

Also, rather confusingly, Lilies can represent the family, as well! Lilies is one of those nebulous cards with too many vague meanings :p

danieljuk

in my head, the keywords I have for Lily are sexuality (sex and sexuality), family but also there is a part of this card about someone who supports you, a patron or supporter or sponsor. I think I got that idea from Treppner. So as well as the sex part, I always think it's people who have your best interests at heart, maybe someone supportive in the work place, family or lover.

Sharla

This is to everyone who has replied so far because you've all replied about the same thing, my query wasn't just about Lilies it was about the houses in general because ive read that the houses meanings can differ slightly to the actual card meanings and wasn't sure if my houses meanings were correct that i have.

Lilies i didn't have a meaning for the houses.

In readings i use a mixture of meanings that you have all suggested depending on the question. I will use lilies for an older guy, sexual, and sometimes family but i sometimes use Tree as family also, so this is where sometimes i get confused as don't see why there should be 2 cards relating to Family.

My point was is that i thought the houses had to just have one meaning and that's all, so just like lilies and also Tree i have a problem with sometimes because as a house i don't know whether i should use this for just health and that's it. As i know that if you want to find out about someones health you look for tree or would you look for the house of tree to see what cards landed in it to pertain to health.

So does the houses have one set meaning and that's it, not like the cards ?

DownUnderNZer

Traditional:

7. Snake: Other Woman.
9. Younger Female.
12. Old couple. Gossip. Twins. Two....
15. Father or Mother. Parent.
34. Finances.
35. Work. Job. Career.

I don't do all 36 Houses at the same time - main areas looked at only really.

Depending where the MAN and/or WOMAN are or key cards then other Houses could come into the answer, but not every House is looked at really I reckon although good practice to know perhaps especially if some sitter does want to look at different things not just Health, Travel, Work, Finances, Affairs, Love, Children etc.

Houses are just part of an overall reading.

Hi

Its the houses im talking about, like the houses in a GT and what they represent.

Im not sure if i am reading the houses correctly, i know the houses are supposed to only have certain set meanings. Or maybe just one meaning, i'm not sure.

Im going to give my meaning for each house what i have, could you please give me feedback on what you think and if im wrong in any house meaning.

1.Rider: Any messages the seeker will receive.
2.Clover: Where the seeker can find luck, or any gambles to have taken or an opportunity.
3 Ship: Any travels they have or will undertake or a transition period.
4 House: Anything going on in the family home.
5 Tree: Health or family tradition.
6 Clouds: Anything which will cause doubt or confusion.
7 Snake: False friends and enemy's
8 Coffin: Endings /losses/deaths
9 Bouquet:Gifts you receive or where the seeker is appreciated.
10 Scythe: Quick endings or anything that needs to be cut out.
11 Whip: Repeating the same thing over and over again such as a mistake. Self punishment/ Guilt.
12 Birds: Chatter / gossip
13 Child: Children in seekers life
14 Fox: Where the seeker is being cunning and sly.
15 Bear: Any authority figures such as bosses or parents.
16 Stars: Dreams, wishes.
17 Stork: Significant changes which will happen.
18 Dog: Friends
19 Tower: Ambitions or being seperated from someone.
20 Garden: Group of people/parties/public places
21 Mountain: Long term problems
22 Crossroads: Choices
23 Mice: Stress or anything that deteriorates slowly over time
24 Heart: Love and relationships
25 Ring: Any commitments.
26 Book: Secrets or studying
27 Letter: Messages, letters or documents
28 man
29 Woman
30 Lily .......
31 Sun: Success
32 Moon: Reputation
33 Key: Things of great importance or things that you need to open up in yourself or what is hut off from yourself.
34 Fish: Finances
35 Anchor: Anything that is stable in their life.
36 Cross: Religion or burdens

I don't have one assigned for lilys as im not sure about it.

Would be grateful for any feedback :)

Padma

I thought your house meanings were good, Sharla :) And if they make sense for you, then go for it!

Myself, I use more fluid meanings for the houses - I just go by what lands there, and allow my intuition to flesh it out. So they may have more than one meaning - I will allow up to 4 meanings per house. But we all have our own reading styles!