Mary Greer's Significator Exercise Spread

labdryad

Hi! Just wanted to post this spread and ask for a bit of feedback about drawing the cards. (Apologies if it's been posted before; I searched but didn't see it.) I'm reading her book 'Understanding the Tarot Court' and toward the beginning she has this spread.

After choosing a court significator you shuffle all the cards including your significator, using a shuffle that will randomly reverse them. Deal the cards faceup one by one until you reach the significator. Lay it out with the 2 cards that came before it, and the 2 cards that come after it. Look at which direction the significator is facing. (If it's looking straight ahead treat it like it faces right; if it's straight ahead but reversed treat it like it faces left.)

...........2 After.............1 After..........Significator..........1 Before..........2 Before..........

........past cause........past action......(faces right).......next action......result of action....
...........................................................OR.........................................................
.....result of action.....next action.......(faces left)........past action.........past cause.......

When I did it my significator was the very last card so there were no cards after it to draw. After a few seconds of 'huh??' I decided to treat it like the deck was revolving and used the very first two cards drawn off the top of the deck, as if I had kept going through the deck again. I guess I could have redone the shuffle and draw but I wanted to see how it played out--so to speak. :p (Turned out the cards I drew were all ones I've been drawing a lot of lately.) But I'm wondering if anyone would have tried something different--or definitely just redone it?

Thanks for your thoughts! :)