Natal Chart with Traditional Astrology

Minderwiz

Still continuing with my rather plodding attempts. :)

My latest thoughts are as follows:

Following Lilly's ideas my chart doesn't seem to indicate great wealth or extreme poverty which sounds about right.

If anything a little bit more on the 'wealthy' side rather than the 'poverty' side but certainly not amazingly so.

Looking at my 7th house, I find that Venus and the Sun are both there. Venus in this position would indicate a partnership with Venusian qualities. So in my marriage, I could expect a shared enjoyment of the good things in life and enjoyment of each other's company. Saturn is the lord of this house which might impose some limits on our enjoyment. Also, Capricorn is not a double sign (although it is many-shaped) so I can expect just one marriage (which will be a relief to my husband).

Venus rules both Taurus and Libra which relate to the 11th house and 4th house respectively. Friends and parents seem to be important factors in the relationship and could be pivotal. I wonder if this could indicate a marriage based on friendship or one which begins through the agency of mutual friends.

The Sun is also in the 7th house which indicates a relationship with sun-like qualities too.

Both Sun and Venus are conjunct the Descendant, so they certainly will colour the marriage. Yes there's a clear link between the eleventh and seventh through Venus and between your own resources (Leo on the cusp) and the marriage. Exactly how the link will pan out is not spelt out in your chart, though it can properly be deduced by looking at the Directions and other derived charts, as your future is assessed. However as the marriage has already happened you should be able to assess the role of friends (and family) and also the extent to which your marriage is linked to your hopes and aspirations (also ruled by the eleventh).

Flaxen said:
Lilly suggests taking the sign of the 7th to signify the shape of his body and the Lord thereof his Conditions. In this case it would be Capricorn to signify the shape of his body and Saturn his Conditions. This makes my husband of a certain Melancholy disposition - cautious, prudent, patient. Lilly does give Mars as a cosignificator which is in Leo. This would give him a certain Choleric element too.

The Sun has a mutual reception with Saturn, (the significator of your husband) and this makes Saturn quite a strong planet, relative to what it might otherwise be. So I'd take that to strengthen your husband's role and character relative to you. Incidentally the Sun also rules Mars, which is posited in your First House, so the second significator of your husband also shows a strong link to you,

Some good observations there!

Flaxen

Both Sun and Venus are conjunct the Descendant, so they certainly will colour the marriage. Yes there's a clear link between the eleventh and seventh through Venus and between your own resources (Leo on the cusp) and the marriage. Exactly how the link will pan out is not spelt out in your chart, though it can properly be deduced by looking at the Directions and other derived charts, as your future is assessed. However as the marriage has already happened you should be able to assess the role of friends (and family) and also the extent to which your marriage is linked to your hopes and aspirations (also ruled by the eleventh).

I've been thinking about this a little more. It was through the agency of a mutual friend that my husband and I got together in the first place. She was complicit in his attempts to get me to go out with him. :) Many of my current friends I also met through my husband.

The parents link puzzled me at first as they didn't meet him until quite some time after we started seeing each other. However, they were very fond of him and quickly absorbed him into the family. The early death of my parents was the event which actually led to us solidifying our commitment and get married. The little money my parents left was used for a deposit for a house for us.

Minderwiz

I'd say following Baraqijal, Shamsiel and Sariel's teachings is the best route. If we're going to go traditional why not go the whole nine yards like back to the biblical times?

Pardon my devilish transits for the shortness.

Well if you wish to be biblical, you are better going with, Raphael, Sepharial and Zadkiel, though none of them was particularly good.

DesertRebel

I have a question. I am a Scorpio Rising, with Lilith is scorpio exaczly on my ascendant, Pluto in scorpio is also in my first house and also conjunct my ascendant and aspecting nearly all of my planets even forming a Grand Water trine.

Now,transit Venus is conjunct my ntaal Pluto,all on my ascendant so...that could bring,what? Is there anything relevant in the fact that I am supposed to meet up with my ex one of these days?

Minderwiz

I have a question. I am a Scorpio Rising, with Lilith is scorpio exaczly on my ascendant, Pluto in scorpio is also in my first house and also conjunct my ascendant and aspecting nearly all of my planets even forming a Grand Water trine.

Now,transit Venus is conjunct my ntaal Pluto,all on my ascendant so...that could bring,what? Is there anything relevant in the fact that I am supposed to meet up with my ex one of these days?

I'm a traditional Astrologer, so I don't use Pluto (nor for that matter do I use Lilith). But whether an Astrologer uses these or not, it's difficult to make a delineation without a clear chart - so I (and others) would want to know your date and time of birth and your place of birth before making any judgement. In my case I'd want to know where Mars, the ruler of Scorpio was and whether it has any aspect to Venus.

Also when you say that 'I am supposed to meet up with my ex one of these days', I'd also want to know on what basis that was predicted and under what circumstances it was supposed to happen - for example have you had a Tarot reading that suggests this will happen?

Flaxen

Just a quick question.

How do you go about interpreting houses which have no planets in them at all? Would it be the case of looking at the lord of that house and seeing where it is positioned in the chart?

For example, I don't have any planets in my 5th house which is related to children, pleasure and the father's money. Scorpio is the house ruler which in turn is ruled by Mars. Mars is in my first house so should I look here for matters relating to this house? The connection to the first house seems significant as it links in closely with my personal identity. Looking at Lilly for 5th house issues he recommends looking at 5th, 11th and 1st together although this seems to be specifically in respect to children rather than wider areas. I suppose at the time he was writing, the prospect of children would be of considerable importance. :)

Minderwiz

Lilly would take the House ruler first and planets in the house (if any) in that order. So in the case of the fifth, Mars is used to signify matters relating to the fifth. The house placement, essential dignity and other accidental dignity of Mars, will be used in evaluating how the fifth functions.

Yes the fifth is going to function in a highly personal way, as Mars is in your first. More particularly, as Mars is angular, the affairs of this house will be very important in your life. So sometimes it will be children, other times enjoyment and pastimes, etc. As Mars rules, the affairs of this house will be in some way or other martial in nature - you might for example enjoy highly energetic ways of enjoying yoursel.

Kibeth

Well if you wish to be biblical, you are better going with, Raphael, Sepharial and Zadkiel, though none of them was particularly good.

Book of Enoch gives us Watchers taught humans the secrets of weapons of war, make-up, painting, crafts, gave us culture and astrology among others - way ahead of schedule which caused the Great Leap Forward to happen and now scientists puzzle over the event of humans turning from literal cavemen to a tutored, far more complex race overnight. And the whole lot of Watchers got banished to hell for revealing to humans what we'd eventually find out ourselves gradually.

To reject such growth, such as having discovered the nine planets and going backwards to Lilly's time where the outer planets weren't known and thus not accounted for... Is this counter-intuitive to the plans of the Divine?

Minderwiz

Lilly at least entitled his work 'Christian Astrology' - though the Book of Enoch is not canonical for most Christian sects. Modern Astrologers on the other hand attempt to deny any religious content in Astrology (and for that matter any 'divine' content) so if anything the Astrology of the nine planets is a departure from the divine.

Would God not have ordained a nine day week, if he had meant nine planets to be used in Astrology? Instead, as stated in Genesis, he fixed a seven day week, and gave Astrology seven planets, one for each day. If you actually read Genesis you will see that the Traditional approach is far more in tune with creation than the modern one.