Lilith inconj. ASC?

LovelyMissAries

My Lilith is in Scorpio RIGHT on the borderline for 5th (ruled by Libra) and 6th house (ruled by Scorpio). My Asc is in Gemini at 23 degrees, I think. According to Astro.com this means they're inconjunct but I can't find anywhere on google as to what that as a whole means. Anyone here know?

Minderwiz

My Lilith is in Scorpio RIGHT on the borderline for 5th (ruled by Libra) and 6th house (ruled by Scorpio). My Asc is in Gemini at 23 degrees, I think. According to Astro.com this means they're inconjunct but I can't find anywhere on google as to what that as a whole means. Anyone here know?

Technically an inconjunct is either an angle of either 30 degrees or 150 degrees and is by definition not an aspect. Modern astrologers, tend to use the term for the 150 degree angle and call it an 'aspect' as conventional wisdom is now that any angle must be an 'aspect'.

The traditional view was that 'inconjunct' meant a failure to 'see' and thus prevented proper communication between the two planets involved - they fail to relate. The modern 'aspect' view is actually quite similar, seeing the 'aspect' as indicating 'ships that pass in the night' or minor irritation due to a reason that you can't put your finger on.

Llith is a point that is sometimes said to describe the dark self that hides our negative traits, the things that would shock us if we opened up to them. Now whether you believe in this or not, as a point Lilith cannot cast an aspect and for the same reason, neither can the Ascendant. Both however can receive them, from a body capable of casting an aspect (a planet or asteroid) So there cannot be an inconjunct or any other aspect between your Ascendant and Lilith however exact the 'aspect' seems to be.

LovelyMissAries

Technically an inconjunct is either an angle of either 30 degrees or 150 degrees and is by definition not an aspect. Modern astrologers, tend to use the term for the 150 degree angle and call it an 'aspect' as conventional wisdom is now that any angle must be an 'aspect'.

The traditional view was that 'inconjunct' meant a failure to 'see' and thus prevented proper communication between the two planets involved - they fail to relate. The modern 'aspect' view is actually quite similar, seeing the 'aspect' as indicating 'ships that pass in the night' or minor irritation due to a reason that you can't put your finger on.

Llith is a point that is sometimes said to describe the dark self that hides our negative traits, the things that would shock us if we opened up to them. Now whether you believe in this or not, as a point Lilith cannot cast an aspect and for the same reason, neither can the Ascendant. Both however can receive them, from a body capable of casting an aspect (a planet or asteroid) So there cannot be an inconjunct or any other aspect between your Ascendant and Lilith however exact the 'aspect' seems to be.

That's what I thought was confusing 'cause Lilith and the ASC aren't actual planets, I wonder why astro.com would still give them an 'aspect' then if they aren't. Your advice obviously makes more sense.