New: Yes ~ No ~ Why

JSNYC

olivia1 said:
from your experience, how accurate was the answer you received?
Well, the questions I ask usually don't have right or wrong answers. Such as, should I ask her out? I use this spread when I want to find out more about a question/issue, but when I also want some sort of yes/no direction or bias as well. I have gotten quite a few results that really helped me make a decision that I was comfortable with, and the outcome of the situation was good.

olivia1 said:
and sorry if I sound like I'm being overly critical. I'm just a bit sad because I had so many yes/no questions I was dying to ask this spread.
I hope you didn't take offence to my quip, "How should I know, dummy!?!" I absolutely wasn't refering to you, I was just trying to portray a flippant, sarcastic answer. I don't think you are being critical. I have found your feedback very helpful.

olivia1 said:
i was making a point. from the PM you sent, it seemed like just about every question that could be asked (that wasn't as mundane as the weather) would have been too loaded of a question for this spread. Even traffic questions "will leaving an extra hour earlier mean a more significantly less stressful commute?" seems too loaded.
I don't think any question is too loaded! To use your question as a great example, you asked if you are going to have a cordial discussion with someone. There is someone else involved and thus a lot of variables. I think the spread works for that question but cannot provide a definative yes or no answer. (I don't think the Tarot can do that with any spread.) If you changed the question to: is it worth trying to have a cordial meeting with M? I think the Tarot could potentialy give you a definite answer to that question. It is less about the issue and how loaded it is, than it is about the type of question.

olivia1 said:
not everyone who watches or asks for a weather report has something scheduled or a great emotional investment in whether it does or not...definietly not one that should be so great that it skews the answer. some of us just want to know whether or not we should bring an umbrella or not ;).
I agree, I was only trying to illistrate a point with that analogy. The point was really, if anyone wants to know if it is going to rain, a weather report would be more helpful than the Tarot.

olivia1 said:
Anyway, I'm glad it worked for you and I'm sure it will also work for others. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions, JSNYC, and hopefully (for those who were a bit confused like me) that they now have a better understanding of the spread you were so kind enough to share with us all.
I obviously don't think you should give up on the spread, but you are quite welcome! And I hope your situation works out for the best for you!

olivia1

thanks JSNYC! I assure you i have no further questions :) im glad you find my feedback helpful and you understand that i ask so many questions because i am genuinely very interested in this spread. i want it to work for me so i am doing everything i can to make sure i am asking the right questions and utilizing it to its best potential. And im not giving up. especially not after all the time i invested trying to understand it and all the time you put in explaining it to me. i only added that part, in last thread, because i didnt want people to feel discouraged. i will post my result to the question i asked (where i got the "empathetic yes") later with feedback for those who are following this and wondering if it really works.

JSNYC

t.town.troy said:
I was going to say "relax" in the earlier post, but "try again later" popped into my mind.
I am a big believer that if something just pops into your mind, that is often the right answer. In explaining the card in the spread, the answer is yes and not no, because you should try it again later. (But if it doesn't work for you then...)

And I am glad to help. I hope the spread works well for you, later. :)

LadyKathryn

ok i've done this spread 3 times with the same question.. will she be mine again within 4 weeks...

every time Ace of Pents in the YES. ... :)

i'm thinking it will be tentative and working on things..while living apart.

YAY!!!!!

JSNYC

Updated the spread: added The World as an answer.

For those that have already written down the spead, I made a minor modification. Everytime I drew the spread and The World came up I just thought it should be an answer as well. So after some thought and experimentation, I also found an answer that was missing and that fit The World perfectly. So I added The World as an answer.

Additionally, that brings the total number of answer cards to 7; that is a good number to end at.

t.town.troy

JSNYC said:
For those that have already written down the spead, I made a minor modification. Everytime I drew the spread and The World came up I just thought it should be an answer as well. So after some thought and experimentation, I also found an answer that was missing and that fit The World perfectly. So I added The World as an answer.

Additionally, that brings the total number of answer cards to 7; that is a good number to end at.
I actually left a space that the World filled in my note on this spread. Funny how things work sometimes.
Also, I've tried this with a poker deck and just used the aces (seems to work, but if I ask about things I know the answer to it comes up opposite). Maybe I should throw a joker in there too...

starshine81

predictions with yes/no/maybe answer never worked for me. neither the predictions concerning TIME (when). i finally gave up, at least for me these systems don't seem to work. Are you accurate with these?

JSNYC

starshine81 said:
predictions with yes/no/maybe answer never worked for me. neither the predictions concerning TIME (when). i finally gave up, at least for me these systems don't seem to work. Are you accurate with these?

Yes! The spread works great for me! However, not in the way that you are referring to, because I don't use the spread for those questions...

I obviously need to explain what I mean by that. I have been hesitant to write a post specifically addressing this topic because this is really more about how I view the Tarot and its limitations than just about this spread alone. However, my views of the Tarot obviously affected and guided the creation of this spread, so the topic is relevant. But because this is a general topic and not limited to this spread, I started a new thread so that other people who are not interested in this spread (and thus don't see this discussion) may add their opinions on this topic as well.

Click here to view the thread: Yes/No questions and the Tarot

Thus, with the premise defined in the above thread, I say that the spread has worked great for me because I don't ask questions that have definitive answers (i.e. questions that can be answered with an absolute yes or no answer). That is because I don't believe the Tarot can answer those type of questions, regardless of the spread used. I believe the Tarot is meant only to assist us in answering our own questions, not to answer our questions for us.

So when I say that this spread works great for me, I say that because I have gotten a lot of good answers that have aided me in making (usually quite minor) decisions. And actually, this spread even helped in updating itself! After deciding to add an answer to The World (the modification I posted above), I created an answer and asked this spread if I should post the updated answer. The spread answered no, twice. Each time the spread answered no, it also gave me information about why it answered no, so I thought about the issue and used that information to come up with a new answer, and then I asked again. The third time the spread said yes, an emphatic yes! Post the answer now! So I did. And I think this answer (the answer that is currently posted for The World) was by far the best answer and I am quite happy with it! So I think the spread worked great! Those are the type of questions (although not always so frivolous) that I ask the Tarot. And as you can see, the question I asked didn't have a defined and verifiable right or wrong answer.

Thus, and this answerers your question t.town.troy, I believe that if you ask the Tarot a yes or no question that you already know the answer to (using any spread), in order to test the validity of the answers, then the answers that you will receive will be no better or no more valid than random answers., because that is essentially what you are receiving, random answers. And thus, in those cases, I think this spread will answer with a sarcastic, sardonic, or some type of wisecrack answer. In other words, the spread will give you the same type of answer that a friend would give you if you asked that friend a question that both of you already obviously knew the answer. (At least, that is how I would interpret those types of answers given by this spread.)

However, I also don't want to say this is the only type of answer you will receive with this spread. Because the type of answer you receive really depends on you, your Tarot, how you read the Tarot, and how you use the spread. This spread, like any spread, is for each individual person to use, read, and modify for their own personal use however they may deem appropriate, which may not agree with the ideas and goals I had when I created the spread, but if it works for that person, then that is the right way to use the spread.

t.town.troy

JSNYC, your post has given me food for thought. Even a random answer may be just what you are looking for, insight into the question.
And I understand what you mean about "testing" the cards; the deck is your 'friend'(a wise one too), and friends don't usually like to be bothered by frivolous questions.

starshine81

JSNYC, thank you for answering, it was very helpful. i have another question, if i understoof correctly, you use this spread for questions of type:
should i do that? more than question like:
will i pass the exam?

and i agree, as long as it works everything is great, tarot has no limits, only our mind sets the limits...