Pairing Oracle decks with Tarot decks

Madrigal

Over on the TT forum there have been several threads about pairing up different Tarot decks to use in daily draws etc. I've been pairing up my various Cat Tarots for the past few weeks and it's been working well. I thought I might try this with Tarots and Oracles. So far this is what I've got going...

Wild Unknown Tarot with Voice of the Trees
Tarot of the Sidhe with Faerie Oracle
Chrysalis Tarot with Enchanted Map
Celestial Tarot with Ancient Feminine Wisdom Oracle
Universal Goddess Tarot and Goddess Oracle (Marashinsky)
Daughters of the Moon and Sassy She Oracle
Tarot of the Hidden Realm and Heart of Faerie Oracle
Druidcraft with Druid Plant & Animal Oracle
Wildwood with Druid Plant & Animal Oracle
Touchstone with Oracle of the Grail Code
Fell-Moore Steampunk Tarot with Chronicles of Destiny Cards
Witches Tarot with Chronicles of Destiny Cards
Vintage Tarot Erotique with Vintage Wisdom Oracle
Cosmic Tarot with Oracle of the Radiant Sun
Haindl Tarot with Shaman's Oracle
Ancestral Path with Tao Oracle
Tarot of Transformation with Mother Mary Oracle
Tarot of the Spirit with Mother Mary Oracle
Nefertari Tarot with Isis Oracle
Ancient Egyptian Tarot (Barrett) with Book of Doors
Shadowscapes Tarot with Winged Enchantment Oracle
Sevenfold Mystery with Burning Serpent Oracle
Morgan Greer with Psycards
Thoth/Rosetta with Secret Dakini Oracle

Any one else have Tarots and Oracles that you've used in pairs? Would love to hear what works for you. There are a few Tarot decks I'd like to find pairs for...Spiral, Mucha, Lover's Path, Fenestra and Crystal Visions. Any ideas?

2dogs

I was pairing them like that but the Oracles gradually took over until I realised that using three Oracle decks to tell me what a Tarot card meant was pointless and dropped the Tarot ;).

jillkite

I've used Symbolon with Rider Waite. I found it very useful as the Symbolon helps to go more into the underlying Psycho-Energy of the reading as it is a very interesting deck in that way.

Love your combinations, what a lovely lot of all kinds of decks to play with!

rachelcat

I like your pairings! Especially:

Cosmic Tarot with Oracle of the Radiant Sun
Haindl Tarot with Shaman's Oracle
Morgan Greer with Psycards

For the Lovers Path, maybe you could use the Goddess Inspiration Oracle by Kris Waldherr, or Anubis Oracle, illustrated by her. But the Anubis Oracle is actually an Egyptian mythology and tarot-based oracle (22 cards that roughly line up with the majors plus some cards that combine two or three majors together, plus four elements/aces), so it might be to tarot-y to use with another tarot.

Here are some theme pairs from my collection:
Zodiac Tarot and Symbolon (signs)
Mandala Astrological Tarot and Oracle of the Radiant Sun (planets)
Animal Wisdom Tarot and Druid Animal Oracle
Ukiyoe Tarot and Bachbluten Devas (flowers)
Crystal Tarot (the one with crystals in it!) and Secret World of Crystals Journey Cards
Shining Angels Tarot (the round one) and Tarot Cabbalistique (an oracle)

I have paired them, but I haven't actually read with them together. Yet! I feel a weekend project coming on!

Madrigal

For the Lovers Path, maybe you could use the Goddess Inspiration Oracle by Kris Waldherr, or Anubis Oracle, illustrated by her. But the Anubis Oracle is actually an Egyptian mythology and tarot-based oracle (22 cards that roughly line up with the majors plus some cards that combine two or three majors together, plus four elements/aces), so it might be to tarot-y to use with another tarot.

Yes, the Anubis eludes pairing for me. I think it's going to have to be a stand alone. I've got a few Egyptian decks but none of them seem to fit with the Anubis. I'd forgotten it was illustrated by Waldherr. And that's a great suggestion for the Lover's Path to pair it up with her Goddess Inspiration Oracle.

Here are some theme pairs from my collection:
Zodiac Tarot and Symbolon (signs)
Mandala Astrological Tarot and Oracle of the Radiant Sun (planets)
Animal Wisdom Tarot and Druid Animal Oracle
Ukiyoe Tarot and Bachbluten Devas (flowers)
Crystal Tarot (the one with crystals in it!) and Secret World of Crystals Journey Cards
Shining Angels Tarot (the round one) and Tarot Cabbalistique (an oracle)

I have paired them, but I haven't actually read with them together. Yet! I feel a weekend project coming on!

Nice pairings. I've got the Crystal Visions Tarot that I think you're referring to but have yet to pair it up with something. Some of the decks are not as obvious as they seem. Dame Darcy's Mermaid Tarot, for example, just doesn't seem to work with any of the mermaid oracles I've seen online. Nor do I imagine my Halloween Tarot will work with some the Halloween Oracles I've seen either.

Here are a few more I've come up with using some of my Lenormand decks.

Spiral Tarot with Mlle Lenormand Cartomancy
Gilded Tarot with Gilded Reverie Lenormand
LotD Tarot with Gilded Reverie Lenormand
Mucha with Lilac Lenormand
Llewellyn with Voice of the Trees
Llewellyn Classic with Psycards
Druidcraft with Celtic Lenormand

Laura Borealis

I have paired the Thoth with the Holitzka I Ching and got very interesting readings. For some reason there was always a strong similarity or contrast that shed light on my question.

I've thought that Ogham the Celtic Oracle would pair wonderfully with the Greenwood or Wildwood but I have never tried it.

Edited to add a couple of pics of Thoth/Holitzka I Ching.

Attachments

• hex20 2Disks.jpg
    hex20 2Disks.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 808
  • QofD_Hex19.jpg
    QofD_Hex19.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 847

Madrigal

I have paired the Thoth with the Holitzka I Ching and got very interesting readings. For some reason there was always a strong similarity or contrast that shed light on my question.

I've thought that Ogham the Celtic Oracle would pair wonderfully with the Greenwood or Wildwood but I have never tried it.

I find the contrast vs. similarity wrt pairings really interesting. The Oracle you referenced has been on my list for awhile. Yes, to your pairing! I was also considering it with the weirdly wonderful Crow's Magick Tarot.

Dark Victory '39

I mentioned this on the Decadent Dream Tarot thread, but that deck combined w/ the Waterhouse oracle has been super satisfying for me. In part because the excellent cardstock that decadent dream uses is v. similar to the sevenstars decks (on a blind thumb test you cant tell the difference) and both decks are the exact same size. So u can literally shuffle them together into one deck like butter, no problem. instead of doing a sentence in tarot-eze with an oracle card to clarify i've been blending in anywhere from 6-20 oracle cards and just seeing what comes out of it. They're great decks if you're looking for a lot of context, and hidden layers that come out of researching the paintings, though i've had good readings based on images alone before i got into the nerdy research angle.

Example: last night i was looking at decadent dream's Lovers card, a painting by Delville that i found out is called 'the love of souls.' In reading about the painting i find out that the man and woman coming together actually form only the tail (or beneath the tail) of a phoenix. The mythical phoenix always has associations for me with the judgement card so in this deck the lovers card now has a Judgement flare. Of course in crazy online sleuthing you have to pay attn to your sources as there is just as much whack art-history critique as there is in tarot research. Other weirdnesses: the bodies in this Lovers card in the deck has an 'eraser pink' hue that isn't on many of the versions online. (sometimes i like the online versions better, sometimes the d.d.'s) in this case it doesn't matter because 'eraser' has slipped into one of my key words when this lovers has come up.