OSHO Zen Tarot Study Group: VIII Courage

Indigo Rose

"There is no point in fighting against the challenges of life, or trying to avoid or deny them. They are there, and if the seed is to become the flower we must go through them. Be couraeous enough to grow into the flower you are meant to be."Osho Zen Tarot by Osho

:heart:

paradoxx

simplistic but telling, in the harshest of ground, this seed has sprouted and become a plant and flower. The glow around the plant is the lifeforce, the source of all strength and energy. Considering that the plant would need sunlight to live, i see the leo aspect of the card in that regard.

squeakmo9

The contrast of something as fragile as a flower growing out of something so closed off and hostile is touching. I sense that for the hurts, disappointments one can experience in a lifetime; the scarring effects of them, that there is still hope in opening up to the possibilities.

Judith D

This has to be one of the most hopeful, magical cards in the whole deck! The delicacy of the flower, the way it burgeons from the tiniest crack in the stone wall, and its incredibly bright energy are the epitome of living by courage. It started as a tiny seed in the dark, and just look what has happened! There is hope for us all, if we can find the courage to grow.
The flower is anchored deep in the earthy groundedness of the stone wall, and reaching high. The pure white flowers have a pink, loving aura, with the sunny yellow life-energy glowing so brightly from the whole plant. The green 'air' seems rich and fertile - full of possibilities.
The harsh, hard, unforgiving stone has been forced to make way for the tiny, energetic seed of truth.

Mi-Shell

This card is me 1975 at 19 years of age! Strengths - and persistencs inspite of all ods!
Overcoming physical torture and abuse due to race and attending University.... see pic...
The card moved me to tears when I saw it! My "garden" is rich and beautyfull now - and filled with many "flowers"!

Attachments

• urban wildflower Self portrait 1975.bmp
    67.8 KB · Views: 740

Indigo Rose

Mi-Shell said:
This card is me 1975 at 19 years of age! Strengths - and persistencs inspite of all ods!
Overcoming physical torture and abuse due to race and attending University.... see pic...
The card moved me to tears when I saw it! My "garden" is rich and beautyfull now - and filled with many "flowers"!

(((Mi-Shell)))
I am sorry for the adveristy and pain you endured; but I'm so glad your life is blessed now. :)

Thank you for sharing your artwork, and your inspiration with all of us.

Peace and Blessings,
:heart: Indigo Rose

Grizabella

It reminds me of myself, too, for the first 40 years. It was a rough go, but I wouldn't want to change any of it because it gives me so many points in common with people who are going through the awful things I went through--points where I can say "I know how that feels because it happened to me too". That brings healing to others, knowing someone else has been there and survived. :) If my having gone through it makes a positive difference for even one person, then it was worth it all and I'd do it again. :)

Master_Margarita

This is the card that turned out to be missing from the second-hand deck I bought.

I've made a pretty good facsimile of it out of a scan pasted on cardstock, but I have to believe that something has been lost in translation (the colors are not very intense). I have just the seed of this card, and not the whole flower.

But it is inspiring to recall that a humble flower can crack a rock. We don't all need to go out and wrestle lions to manifest courage in our lives.