Subliminal Phallic Symbol On Visconti Sforza Force Card

Abrac

I have looked at the Visconti Tarots "gold" deck many times and never noticed this. It doesn't show up like it does on the large cards. I was perusing my large deck the other day when I came to the Force card. And what did I see staring me in the face? It is supposed to be the background showing through his legs, but methinks the artist had something else in mind. Judge for yourself.

Subliminal Phallus

Schehrazada

I just think the mountain should be taller to avoid confusion... LOL

By the way, this card looks different to the ones I'm used to. I think that it shows as if the lion was helping the man against someone else. Generally, the Strength card shows someone domesticating a lion, right? This card could have an extra meaning...

Best,

S.

AJ

Looks like he is beating the lion to me
Funny catch Abrac, there is more pattern in my mini-deck so it doesn't leap out at you like yours does. Or something like that...

Abrac

Schehrazada said:
I just think the mountain should be taller to avoid confusion... LOL
lol....yeah, based on the size of those mountains that thing's about 20 ft.

By the way, this card looks different to the ones I'm used to. I think that it shows as if the lion was helping the man against someone else. Generally, the Strength card shows someone domesticating a lion, right? This card could have an extra meaning...
I always thought the guy was getting ready to pummel the lion, then I read this. I think it is supposed to be a depiction of Francesco Sforza.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Warning on wondering thoughts

UHM, although 20 feet is pretty darn impressive...really impressive...I'm more concern that the dog/lion looking like him!!! Yikes!
I don't even want to know if thats the double meaning of that card! LOLOL!

Go to the mountains and feel like you are powerful enough to handle 20 feet and daddy a whelpling! Gross!
I can't believe that even popped into my head....

20 feet, huh?
My, my, my!

:laugh:Barb

AJ

You guys are SO funny...thanks for a good afternoon laugh