Tarot To Find Out Someone's Sexuality ???

gregory

sunstallion said:
that's why he asked me if i can read the cards to find out. He told me that he won't just go straight to the other guy and ask "what is your sexual orientation ?"
Would you be OK with people finding out stuff about you that you hadn't chosen to share ? I wouldn't. I'd rather someone ask me than go behind my back asking someone else.

Yo don't just say "what's your sexual orientation" when asking someone for a date though. You just ask them out and see how it goes.

sunstallion

gregory said:
Would you be OK with people finding out stuff about you that you hadn't chosen to share ? I wouldn't. I'd rather someone ask me than go behind my back asking someone else.

Yo don't just say "what's your sexual orientation" when asking someone for a date though. You just ask them out and see how it goes.

right, I dont like people to find out about my personal things.

But like I said, for this guy, he doesn't even bother to just sit down for a cup of coffee with a straight guy. But if he knows the guy is bisexual, then he will make a way for a small conversation.

sunstallion

GryffinSong said:
I understand that for some people it's different, but here's what happened to me. I'm a straight woman. I've been asked out twice by lesbians. I felt flattered (who wouldn't want to feel attractive?), and quite frankly, it's much easier saying no to someone of the "wrong" orientation than to someone who's the "right" orientation. If I say no to a man, his feelings tend to be hurt because he thinks he ought at least to be in the running. With the women, I simply said that I was flattered, but I batted for the other team. No harm, no foul, no hurt feelings. In fact one woman said she'd never had a kinder turn-down. LOL

Anyway. I simply don't feel that a tarot card/draw/reading can accurately tell him whether his interest is gay. Maybe that makes me an unbeliever, but look at the readings section here and you'll see how many interpretations you'll get for the same reading.

I think what I'm most concerned about is this. What if the cards say the man is straight? Then he doesn't ask the man out or approach him in any way, trusting what he thinks the cards say. What if the man isn't straight??? He's wasted a chance at someone he cares about just because of his perception of some pieces of paper. Would you really want to place such importance on them? The only way to find out if he's interested is to ask him. Or have a friend ask him. Or something.

Sorry. I simply worry about people making important decisions about love and life based on the cards. The cards can offer suggestions, guidance, and ideas. But absolute, indesputable, not-open-to-interpretation fact? I just don't see it, and an opportunity could be missed that might be a beautiful thing.

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic!!! LOL But if he's worried about a bad reaction, have someone who knows both of them test the waters. That's how I met my last man, and it was delightful!!! :)

lol, it's not easy for this guy to get to know someone just to find out his sexual orientation, and he won't waste his time for that if someone is truly straight.

I turned down and ran straight away from gay guys who approached me before or made some indications that they liked me. So, I understand this guy's thought.

gregory

sunstallion said:
right, I dont like people to find out about my personal things.

But like I said, for this guy, he doesn't even bother to just sit down for a cup of coffee with a straight guy. But if he knows the guy is bisexual, then he will make a way for a small conversation.
He's sitting down with you... :D

Are you seriously telling me that he cannot relate socially to anyone who isn't gay ? That is - well, words fail me... He must have awfully few friends...

But I still think asking the cards "is he or isn't he" isn't the way to go. "How can I best find out" is as close as I'd go.

sunstallion

gregory said:
Are you seriously telling me that he cannot relate socially to anyone who isn't gay ? That is - well, words fail me... He must have awfully few friends...

No, I meant he won't even bother to sit down to drink coffee to court a guy, then find out that that guy is straight. That is wasting his time.

Like I hate to go after a woman, then find out that she's a lesbian. If I know she's a lesbian, then I rather not waste my time to chase her at all.

gregory

sunstallion said:
No, I meant he won't even bother to sit down to drink coffee to court a guy, then find out that that guy is straight. That is wasting his time.

Like I hate to go after a woman, then find out that she's a lesbian. If I know she's a lesbian, then I rather not waste my time to chase her at all.
That's sad. She might turn out to be the best friend you'll ever have... How is it wasting time to get to know a new person ?

The more I look at this in terms of tarot, the more I am going off it. It seems to me that even if you do this for him - it is all about limiting possibilities, and for me tarot is about exploring possibilities.

sunstallion

gregory said:
That's sad. She might turn out to be the best friend you'll ever have... How is it wasting time to get to know a new person ?

Sir,

You are going OFF the topic. I am asking advices for a guy to seek his lover, NOT a friend.

Based on my last post, I said if I go after a woman is to finding a lover, not a friend.

I don't mind to befriend with lesbian. I am sure this guy doesn't mind to befriend with a straight guy. But I will be disappointed that if the woman I go after is a lesbian. Same for this guy, he would hate to know that the guy he is chasing is straight.

Laura Borealis

*muffled laughter*

Okay. GryffinSong gave you a good answer. Instead of asking "Is X gay, yes or no," ask "how would X respond if Y asked him out," or something along those lines. If the cards say that X would respond favorably, he's most likely gay or bi. If the cards say X won't be interested, he's probably straight (or not interested). If they say X will flip out and cause a scene, he's a homophobic jerk and you just saved Y the price of a cup of coffee.

sunstallion

laura_borealis said:
*muffled laughter*

Okay. GryffinSong gave you a good answer. Instead of asking "Is X gay, yes or no," ask "how would X respond if Y asked him out," or something along those lines. If the cards say that X would respond favorably, he's most likely gay or bi. If the cards say X won't be interested, he's probably straight. If they say X will flip out and cause a scene, he's a homophobic jerk and you just saved Y the price of a cup of coffee.

Good advice, but if I get more from someone else, I would greatly appreciate.

Le Fanu

As someone who loves tarot cards, who asks them about general vibes, trends, the different tides and rhythms in my life, I simply do not think that tarot cards can tell you whether someone is gay or bi or whatever. It's like asking the cards if someone is dead. I mean, I just wouldn't go there.

Call me a heathen but I wouldn't believe any draw or spread in answer to this question.

I have no doubt whatosever that I could draw some cards this very minute that would depict me as straight. No doubt at all. And I wouldn't believe them.