De-Enabling Thread

gregory

ilweran said:
iPod Touch, not iPhone. Can't stand iPhones, overpriced, over-hyped rubbish. No, I like my Nokia that I only have to charge once a week and that is actually capable of making phone calls.

Anyway, surely you already own copies of all the decks I have - you're the example I use to prove I don't have *that* many decks, not really, and it's ok to get another one (or two, maybe three) :D

Cruel Thing Tarot - is it spiteful? Snide? Will it poke pins in my other decks when I'm not looking or encourage my cats to be even more badly behaved then they already are? Will it eat my (not so) secret chocolate stash? All of the above plus more?
You posted iPhone. Not that I will ever have an iPod either :)

Cruel thing is VICIOUS. It will upset ALL your sitters, for sure. Even the ones who don't insist on full colour to get their money's worth. And it has voodoo dolls in its box - carefully hidden in the creases in the cardboard - and which activate against you as soon as you open the tab.

Also pins that stick up the backs of your fingernails. It RESISTS being read, and punishes you when you use it.

Forget the chocolate - by the time it's done with you, you won't want chocolate ever again. Corpses don't eat chocolate. })

ilweran

gregory said:
You posted iPhone. Not that I will ever have an iPod either :)

Did I? Probably couldn't be bothered to type out iPod Touch. Too many extra letters :D

Cruel thing is VICIOUS. It will upset ALL your sitters, for sure. Even the ones who don't insist on full colour to get their money's worth. And it has voodoo dolls in its box - carefully hidden in the creases in the cardboard - and which activate against you as soon as you open the tab.

Also pins that stick up the backs of your fingernails. It RESISTS being read, and punishes you when you use it.

Forget the chocolate - by the time it's done with you, you won't want chocolate ever again. Corpses don't eat chocolate. })

eek :bugeyed:

I think even that wouldn't stop me from eating chocolate, although it would, admittedly, make it a LOT harder.

This is working so far as I have yet to click on the 'buy' button. Distraction & giggling works!

zan_chan

After talking like that about my beloved iPhone, I think you should definitely buy the Cruel Thing })

I loved mine so much that it went into trading a day after I got it.

Enjoy! :)

ETA:

gregory said:
And the artist posted here that it was never meant to read with and asked how are people finding it, as he didn't know anything about tarot; it was an art project.... and it never occurred to him that anyone would use it :D What kind of a deck is that ?

Is that true? Who says that??

gregory

It's in a thread about the deck. Just a sec:

Here.

ilweran

zan_chan said:
After talking like that about my beloved iPhone, I think you should definitely buy the Cruel Thing })

I'm sorry, but was it really so bad you'd want to inflict another deck on me? :(

:D

Starshower

SOS! I feel i need the Fey. Stop me, someone. I am a decent, upstanding, middle-aged personage with Taste (some of the time.) Am I losing my grip?
HELP.

(I even posted in the Other Thread ... :eek: )

gregory

No you don't. It's all pink and purple. Look at your furniture ! It will look TOTALLY out of place. Big box, too.

Aerin

The Fey is not intended for upstanding middle aged people who think they have Taste. If you have aspirations in that direction then avoid like the plague. It will laugh at you incessantly and mock your decor.

Starshower

Wahaay! Then I'll order it forthwith. < swipes dust & heaps of decks off pink & purple furniture to make room.>
You are miserable failures, gregs & Aerin, dears - with emphasis on the 'lures'.
Cheers!

ps to stay on topic, I am successfully de-enabled from incipient lifestyle aspirations. ;)

Morwenna

I've recently been attracted to the Sacred Circle Tarot. Any reason why it shouldn't go onto my (stealthily increasing) wish list?