Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Alta

Probably postcard size. I like Majors only decks and have quite a few and would buy a copy of yours.

nicky

I also am not a Majors-only fan, but if the purchase of a Majors-only deck in any way will help with the completion of a full 78 card deck, then I'd buy one as 22 pieces of art. Maybe I'll frame them and add them to my walls of tarot prints.

what he said -

This should be a labor of love above all else - so when it happens it happens and if it so happens that you decide to do 78 and it takes years so be it...

truelighth

I would definitely buy a majors only version of this deck. And of course when the 78-card version is ready, I would like to get that one too :)

Chiska

Post card size would be awesome for study!

But the full 78 card deck is going to be worth the wait!

rwcarter

I appreciate rwcarter's suggestion a lot, as it corresponds to one idea I had about the way of doing a Major edition, which would be to offer them in a larger size. But I was torn between a print size like 8x10 or a large card size. Maybe postcard size is a happy medium. What do you all think about ideal size?

Individual prints as 8x10 would be lovely. But an entire Majors-only deck in 8x10 would almost automatically not be usable as a reading deck and at least for me would end up being a folio edition that sits on the bookshelf. Postcard size is still usable as a reading deck but could also be converted into a framed poster fairly easily. I think postcard size would be the more versatile option.

Babalon Jones

Tarot M name revealed

Tarot M was the working title, and now since the Majors are done and I may be publishing a Majors only set, I can reveal the real name.... drumroll, please....

(re)introducing the Tabula Mundi Tarot!

This deck illustrates the Fool's journey beginning with a fall into a wormhole of space-time that exits at a tube torus of the Universe. In the interim the whole of creation is witnessed; the Tabula Mundi or "picture of the world".

I just started a new website www.tabulamundi.com but honestly there is not much there yet. Though you will see a new card and I'm sure you will know which one it is :)

So much left to do: possibly rescan with a better scanner instead of my 10+ year old all-in-one haha, crop the scans, size the scans, make borders or decide on borders, decide on fonts and/or titles if any, etc etc etc

It all takes so much time. I spent today off from work for this and took all day making a few images acceptable, starting a website and writing some text. I can't believe it took so long with so little to show for it. I should have been pulling massive weeds from the garden before they take over. And you should have seen my dog's face without his normal constitutional on a day I take off; he was pissed and/or sad alternately, poor lil big-dog-with a-sad-face buddy. But I was oblivious most of the time and swearing freely; since I am a web novice this little effort took all day.

Happy though because hey, the Majors are done! It is a full moon checkpoint! And a full moon in my sun sign no less (Sagittarius, the err "most philosophical of the signs" according to Jim Morrison hahaha)

So now is the time to make your opinions known before everything gets set in stone. I'll post about various fonts and borders or lack thereof and stuff like that as I go.

Alta

I understand your pain struggling with the technical aspects of launching this. I would also be tearing my hair out doing what you describe. Still worth it for these cards, your vision and this art!

daphne

The majors look wonderful!

A new deck from you it's a blessing for all of us enjoying your art.

Bluefeet

Tabula Mundi is a perfect name for this magical deck! Congrats on finishing the majors!

OnePotato

Nice work.
Congrats on a job well done.