Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Zephyros

Absolutely fantastic! I've never, ever seen a Thoth deck that managed to keep the vibrant spirit of the original while still innovating and doing it so beautifully! This is just amazing, and I rarely gush about any deck! It shows great knowledge and love of the source material, and is executed superbly. It is very obviously yours, and isn't a copy, which is where the amazing innovation is symbolism comes out, and the result is fabulous.

Unfortunately I'll have to be patient and wait for the full set. I buy a deck only once in a few years, if I see something really, really special, and I think I've found it. Really, I can't praise it enough.

Will you include the letters and astrological attributions in the borders?

Babalon Jones

Thanks so much for the good feedback. it means a lot to me.

Closrapexa, that is a good idea and I will definitely try to incorporate the letters and attributions somehow. I'd have to find a subtle way to do it though as I have a strong preference for uncluttered borders and was leaning towards a minimalist look. But I do have an idea of a way it might work, if my rudimentary graphics skills can manage it. I only have freeware and not a lot of experience with it but I will give it a try. I hope to eventually post a few border samples here to see what people prefer.

emmsma

I look forward to seeing your border samples.

Congrats on the naming of your deck. I think it fits perfectly. And well done on completing the majors. I look forward to adding it to my collection when it is released.

starlightexp

I want every possible thing to do with this deck! I will support it in every edition you do!

Eyebright

Looks great, and its good to know we can get our hands on a Majors only version this year, which should tide me over until the full version becomes available!

This is such a stunning deck :)

Babalon Jones

Hey thanks so much :)

I've been doing some experiments with borders. Check them out and see what you think of this batch. Don't freak out if you don't like them though, this is all experimental at this point!

So many freaking fonts in this world to choose from. I'm trying to keep it simple though.

Attachments

• The Fool v5 web size.jpg
    The Fool v5 web size.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 108
  • The Fool v4 web size.jpg
    The Fool v4 web size.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 105
  • The Fool v6 web size.jpg
    The Fool v6 web size.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 105
  • The Fool v7 web size.jpg
    The Fool v7 web size.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 99
  • The Fool v8 web size.jpg
    The Fool v8 web size.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 104

Babalon Jones

And here is one more version in addition to those five above.

I just realized though that they look funny here as you can't see the edge since they are white (so far). They are very very thin on the two sides and the top, with room for writing on the bottom only.

Attachments

• The Fool v9 web size.jpg
    The Fool v9 web size.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 110

Bluefeet

So far I prefer the first layout, the simplest is the best! I also like how the title is set in the middle instead of by the side, which gives a cleaner look and helps the viewers to focus on the image itself.

Beautiful work!

Babalon Jones

Yes, I like that one too. Here is another one with the title centered, but it includes the Hebrew letter in one corner and the alchemical symbol for air in the other corner, instead of just the one symbol in the center. I like this one too, and it gives both attributions.

Attachments

• The Fool v10 web size.jpg
    The Fool v10 web size.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 122

daphne

Yes, v10 looks good, balanced.

If you cannot put the other name on the cards (like in v4), please at leas put it in the LWB.