"How To" Cleanse Gemstones?

G6

Hey All!

I received a vintage gemstone pendant and I was wondering if you have suggestions on how to cleanse it before I wear it?

Thanks!!!! :)

The Happy Squirrel

I never do :) I think our mind is one of the most powerful things in this universe. But checkout Hibiscus Moon on YouTube for a variety of ways :)

RiverRunsDeep

I use the following methods of cleansing gemstones, and even tarot
cards. I don't think it's absolutely necessary, but it makes me happier
if I do it. :)

1. Most often, I send Reiki energy into the object. If you don't practice
Reiki, you can brush your fingers over the gemstone in a sweeping-type
motion while repeating something like, " I remove and cleanse all previous
energies from this gemstone". Then hold the gemstone between your
palms; imagine your aura merging with the stone so it will be attuned to
your personal energy.

2. Cleanse the gemstone using the 4 elements.
Earth: sprinkle with salt or rest the stone next to a quartz crystal
Air: pass the stone through the smoke from incense
Fire: pass the stone over a candle flame
Water: sprinkle the stone with water

3. The Full Moon is thought to be a healer and cleanser. On the night of
a full moon, you can leave the gemstone on your windowsill or, weather
permitting, outdoors to soak up the moon's rays.

HTH :)

Starri Knytes

2. Cleanse the gemstone using the 4 elements.
Earth: sprinkle with salt or rest the stone next to a quartz crystal
Air: pass the stone through the smoke from incense
Fire: pass the stone over a candle flame
Water: sprinkle the stone with water

This is not actually a cleansing. It's a part of a ritual asking blessing of the elements before using the stone (or whatever the item may be) .

Here is an example of an Elemental Blessings
http://www.pondsideministries.com/elemental-blessing-of-the-rings/

3. The Full Moon is thought to be a healer and cleanser. On the night of
a full moon, you can leave the gemstone on your windowsill or, weather
permitting, outdoors to soak up the moon's rays.

HTH :)

This isn't a cleansing either. It's a method of charging stones.

Here are several methods of cleansing stone and if you scroll down there is also a segment on charging stones by the light of the full moon.

http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/cleansing-crystals.html

Important Note

Some stones cannot be put in water.
Some stones should not be exposed to sunlight.
Some stone should not come in contact with salt.

Please know your stones and take great care when cleansing.

I personally don't cleanse my stones.
I prefer to allow my stones to enrich my life with their experiences.

Good luck with your stones!
Bright and Magical Blessings

Onion Budgie

I play Singing Bowl sounds to cleanse my crystals.

I don't own a Singing Bowl, so instead I play a short YouTube video (there are plenty out there) -- which is pleasant for me as well as the crystals. :)

G6

This is not actually a cleansing. It's a part of a ritual asking blessing of the elements before using the stone (or whatever the item may be) .

Here is an example of an Elemental Blessings
http://www.pondsideministries.com/elemental-blessing-of-the-rings/

This isn't a cleansing either. It's a method of charging stones.

Here are several methods of cleansing stone and if you scroll down there is also a segment on charging stones by the light of the full moon.

http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/cleansing-crystals.html

Important Note

Some stones cannot be put in water.
Some stones should not be exposed to sunlight.
Some stone should not come in contact with salt.

Please know your stones and take great care when cleansing.

I personally don't cleanse my stones.
I prefer to allow my stones to enrich my life with their experiences.

Good luck with your stones!
Bright and Magical Blessings

Since this is a pendant and part of a necklace maybe I won't cleanse it? I'm on the fence about it because I do want to acknowledge the new relationship from previous owners. Obviously anything submerging it in water is out because the chain part is fixed through the stone. Maybe I can do the four element thing above and the singing bowl since I have one, but it's not crystal it's metal. I can also smudge. Still wondering?

jolie_amethyst

If I believed in cleansing--and that "if" should make it plain that I don't--the only reason I would do it is if I knew the crystal was part of something negative--a diamond wedding ring passed down from a couple who went through a really ugly divorce, or a favored gem from someone who had committed suicide, etc. at that point, I might agree that a stone needed a little help in clearing problematic energies.

But I clearly don't believe in it, because I've worn such a wedding diamond for years without any kind of energetic cleansing whatsoever...my mother's. Considering that a) her divorce from my father wasn't pretty and b) my relationships with both of them were not particularly positive things, one would expect that if any stone carried negative energies, it would be that one.

It doesn't. It's just happy to be in use and admired again. Any energies it has picked up over the years through whatever hands it has passed through don't seem to be a problem. (And yes, this is my stance on Tarot cards as well.)

IF I were going to cleanse something though, search this forum section for the threads on 528 hZ tones. Given how they make *me* feel, I'd probably use those.

G6

If I believed in cleansing--and that "if" should make it plain that I don't--the only reason I would do it is if I knew the crystal was part of something negative--a diamond wedding ring passed down from a couple who went through a really ugly divorce, or a favored gem from someone who had committed suicide, etc. at that point, I might agree that a stone needed a little help in clearing problematic energies.

But I clearly don't believe in it, because I've worn such a wedding diamond for years without any kind of energetic cleansing whatsoever...my mother's. Considering that a) her divorce from my father wasn't pretty and b) my relationships with both of them were not particularly positive things, one would expect that if any stone carried negative energies, it would be that one.

It doesn't. It's just happy to be in use and admired again. Any energies it has picked up over the years through whatever hands it has passed through don't seem to be a problem. (And yes, this is my stance on Tarot cards as well.)

IF I were going to cleanse something though, search this forum section for the threads on 528 hZ tones. Given how they make *me* feel, I'd probably use those.

Funny, JA, and sorry to hear about the marital woes. ;-) What's the 528 hZ tones? I feel energy from people, places, etc., so I'm a "Believer" of sorts. Plus, this a vintage item and I have no clue about who previously owned it and under what circumstances, which is why I feel compelled to do something just not sure what yet...

jolie_amethyst

Funny, JA, and sorry to hear about the marital woes. ;-) What's the 528 hZ tones? I feel energy from people, places, etc., so I'm a "Believer" of sorts. Plus, this a vintage item and I have no clue about who previously owned it and under what circumstances, which is why I feel compelled to do something just not sure what yet...

There's at least one thread on 528 hZ in this section because this is where I first heard about it. A quick search here on that term should find it, and more is available on Google. Videos with the tones are available on YouTube. Same idea as using a singing bowl, I believe. (Sorry, on mobile and out the door, Fridays are hospital days, more tests today on hubby's cancer. If you can't find the thread, I'll check later.)

G6

528 hZ

There's at least one thread on 528 hZ in this section because this is where I first heard about it. A quick search here on that term should find it, and more is available on Google. Videos with the tones are available on YouTube. Same idea as using a singing bowl, I believe. (Sorry, on mobile and out the door, Fridays are hospital days, more tests today on hubby's cancer. If you can't find the thread, I'll check later.)

Wow, totally trippy. The minute I played it I could feel it vibrate my being...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG4v3f2wnmw