Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

Tibor

I did get the version with the Rosicrucian backs. Card stock feels a little thin. The cards were ordered weirdly though. All the Minor suits were ranked Ace, Queen, King, Knight, Page. The Swords were ordered 10 down to 2 but the other suits were ordered 2 up to 10.

So, yes, it'll get added to my collection of RWS decks.

Rodney

Yes my cards were ordered the same way. The copyright on the back of the cards irritates me more than any other copyright I have ever seen to the point that it actually makes me not want to use them at all but that's ok because....

....the premium German edition arrived today and I was extremely pleased with it. It's the perfect RWS deck in every single way. The German titles on the cards don't bother me at all, however I wish I could understand what is written in the LWB as it seems to be quite informative.

gregory

And does it have cracklebacks (That's the one I've ordered, but I won't see it for a month !)

ETA Oh great, though - I do read German. :D

Tibor

And does it have cracklebacks (That's the one I've ordered, but I won't see it for a month !)

ETA Oh great, though - I do read German. :D

Yes it does although they are non-reversible but subtle. I love this deck so much. If I could just have one RWS deck then it would be this (although I would also keep my German Jubilee edition that is gilded and comes in a wooden box:).

Le Fanu

what is this crackle-backed version exactly? The fronts I mean. Is it a proven Pam A or B or C or D ?

gregory

Yes it does although they are non-reversible but subtle. I love this deck so much. If I could just have one RWS deck then it would be this (although I would also keep my German Jubilee edition that is gilded and comes in wooden box:).
Oh yes - that one is lovely, too.

Abrac

Based on CharlotteK's Pic, it looks like an A, based on Pamela's monogram. It's either a D, which seems virtually impossible; or an A - Rose and Lily back, which seems unlikely as well. Most likely an A with dried mud backs.

Tibor

Oh I received my pocket premium version:) It's also lovely, however my only gripe is that IMO the white borders around the card images are a bit too big (disproportionately so). I think the Smith-Waite in the tin has thinner borders which is why I like it although it does feel like a completely different deck with the usual copyright...

Le Fanu

Based on CharlotteK's Pic, it looks like an A, based on Pamela's monogram. It's either a D, which seems virtually impossible; or an A - Rose and Lily back, which seems unlikely as well. Most likely an A with dried mud backs.
Thank you! Really looking forward to seeing what it looks like up close!

Le Fanu

Just got mine from German Amazon. It is the crackle backed standard sized one.

It is beautiful. Really. Everything about it is nigh on perfect - although if it had the original Calligraphy titles then it would really be 100% perfect.

Everything else really is beautiful. The reproduction of the images is spectacular. Gently old-looking without looking too forced. The smooth, silky cardstock is gorgeous and those crackle backs are so, so wonderful to have, staring back at me from the reading table. It really is the nearest thing to RWS heaven.

FLizarraga

Just got mine from German Amazon. It is the crackle backed standard sized one.

It is beautiful. Really. Everything about it is nigh on perfect - although if it had the original Calligraphy titles then it would really be 100% perfect.

Everything else really is beautiful. The reproduction of the images is spectacular. Gently old-looking without looking too forced. The smooth, silky cardstock is gorgeous and those crackle backs are so, so wonderful to have, staring back at me from the reading table. It really is the nearest thing to RWS heaven.

That is the white box, standard deck, right?