The Enchanted Map Oracle Cards

DaisyLeaf

I was thinking of adding the Enchanted Map Oracle to my wish list, but then I looked at the scans and saw the elephant and immediately thought "No!!!"

Its taken me a few more viewings before I could feel even properly look at that card - and I've no idea why as I'm not scared of elephants or anything ... Its a shame 'cos the rest of what I've seen of the deck looks lovely ... I still might order it though ...!

Belinda2

I was thinking of adding the Enchanted Map Oracle to my wish list, but then I looked at the scans and saw the elephant and immediately thought "No!!!"

Its taken me a few more viewings before I could feel even properly look at that card - and I've no idea why as I'm not scared of elephants or anything ... Its a shame 'cos the rest of what I've seen of the deck looks lovely ... I still might order it though ...!

Elephants in many cultures are a sign of good luck, the Card in this deck is an Elephant stuck in the Mud, it can't move and doesn't seem to be angry, but if it still worries you just take the card out and don't use it, and enjoy the rest of the beautiful cards.

Le Fanu

Am I right in thinking that these cards contain real photographs of real people?

Le Fanu

I bought this yesterday. Found it cheap in a store. I'd heard so much about it but I was really disappointed. First of all, it's all wan, girly fairies wafting hither & thither. It kind of made me feel what I have suspected for a long time; oracles are 4 girlz :(. It's a real fluff-fest. There are two token males and one is basically gandalf, the other is androgynous with pointy ears. All the rest are multiple, diaphanous, dreamy girls simpering and wafting through various landscapes. The best cards by far are those without people on them, but there aren't so many.

Plus the book is very much of the "your Angels/spirit guides love you and you must learnt to love yourself". Not where I am right now...

Lovely production, lovely cardstock, gilt edges etc but it really isn't a million miles away from Doreen Virtue.

jema

lol I had this in my shopping basket, been hesitating over it for weeks but I am not getting it at this time, thanks Le Fanu :p
I got enough fairies as it is in my collection.

Melia

I bought this yesterday. Found it cheap in a store. I'd heard so much about it but I was really disappointed. First of all, it's all wan, girly fairies wafting hither & thither. It kind of made me feel what I have suspected for a long time; oracles are 4 girlz :(.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the cards themselves, but how does it read?
I don't think all oracles are for girlz, plus I think there are a lot of 'girly' tarots around too.

tarot heart

I bought this yesterday. Found it cheap in a store. I'd heard so much about it but I was really disappointed. First of all, it's all wan, girly fairies wafting hither & thither. It kind of made me feel what I have suspected for a long time; oracles are 4 girlz :(. It's a real fluff-fest. There are two token males and one is basically gandalf, the other is androgynous with pointy ears. All the rest are multiple, diaphanous, dreamy girls simpering and wafting through various landscapes. The best cards by far are those without people on them, but there aren't so many.

Plus the book is very much of the "your Angels/spirit guides love you and you must learnt to love yourself". Not where I am right now...

Lovely production, lovely cardstock, gilt edges etc but it really isn't a million miles away from Doreen Virtue.

I agree with you 100%. I bought this deck a few weeks ago and upon opening it was immediately turned off by its girlyness! However, I do love the gilt edges and sturdiness of the deck. Some of the images are quite beautiful, but I could never use it. I decided to gift it to my daughter who immediately loved it!!

Le Fanu

I agree with you 100%. I bought this deck a few weeks ago and upon opening it was immediately turned off by its girlyness! However, I do love the gilt edges and sturdiness of the deck. Some of the images are quite beautiful, but I could never use it. I decided to gift it to my daughter who immediately loved it!!
I need a 12 year old daughter that I can offload it onto :D It must be great having kids; you can give them unwanted decks like this.

As for how it reads, I haven't even tried; however much I shuffle, the message will be; you are a simpering girl alone on yonder hill. Love yourself. Weep ye not.

I just wish I could transfer the production values - thick cardstock and gilt edges - onto my Bolt Cutter Tarot deck...

tarot heart

I need a 12 year old daughter that I can offload it onto :D It must be great having kids; you can give them unwanted decks like this.

As for how it reads, I haven't even tried; however much I shuffle, the message will be; you are a simpering girl alone on yonder hill. Love yourself. Weep ye not.

I just wish I could transfer the production values - thick cardstock and gilt edges - onto my Bolt Cutter Tarot deck...

You are too funny! My daughter is not the self-pitying crying type at all. She's more of a "suck it up!" type. I think she likes this deck because of the art, not the "all you need is love" theme, LOL. I was NOT going to buy this deck at all. But when Tarot Dame raved about it I decided to give in. How I regret it. Now Tarot Dame is on indefinite hiatus. I blame Enchanted Maps!!! Ah well, I ...must...learn...to...not...cave...so...easily!! :mad:

Well, at least you have a Boltcutter, poor cardstock or not :(

Belinda2

Love it!

While it is fine that we all have different ideas, for me and I am not a girl, but a woman, it reads well for me, it is one of the most beautiful decks I have ever seen ( and I have seen many decks) for me it is like being invited to see into a beautiful magical world, while the deck might seem over all positive ( I have seen other oracle decks which are much more so, and don’t address any negative situations), in this deck there are cards like stuck in the mud, and deep freeze.

I had the Wisdom of Avalon oracle cards which I did not like at all but as far as the fairies in this deck (which are not in most cases front and center) don't bother me.

While these cards like many oracle decks are basically not for men, this deck has much more to give than any of the Doreen Virtue who has made her living making cards about Angels, which don’t interest me.

As you can see LE Faun I don’t agree with you but that’s ok, everyone can have their own opinion, and mine just does not match yours.