Vanadinite?

jolie_amethyst

This one is a new discovery for me; came across it in yet another search on crystals to promote and focus creativity. A trip around ebay turned up lots of specimens in all price ranges, including a few calling to me. Has anyone here used it? Or does anyone even have it?

And even if you've never had, seen, or used it--it comes in a pretty wide variety of shades from caramel brown to ruby red. Strictly from a color perspective, which is likely best to use for enhancing creativity? Or does it matter?

Doesn't look like it has a jewelry use, most specimens of the actual crystal are pretty small and found on a larger matrix of barite or other crystals, so I'm suspecting it's a stone more commonly seen by collectors rather than energy workers. But I could be totally off base with that, and would love to hear opinions before adding it to my personal stash. :)

http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/vanadinite.html

jolie_amethyst

A little follow up: my first piece of vanadinite on barite arrived this morning. This stuff is tiny, but intricate, and FWIW, I'm feeling very drawn to it.

Then again, there aren't many stones I'm *not* drawn to. :joke:

This piece looks more orange than red, though it has both when looked at closely under good light. It's definitely fragile, so I don't see it as a stone you would hold, even if I do keep wanting to pick it up. This particular specimen will be the center of my creativity grid once the rest of the materials arrive over the next few days.

It's an interesting crystal that's supposedly pretty potent at relieving creative blocks. We'll see. Either way, it's a neat piece and I'll be looking out for a bigger piece of it at the next gem show.

Overall size: 50 x 44 x 32 mm
Image is a little compressed, this baby has sharp edges everywhere--another reason it isn't a stone you want to move around much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 154

G6

A little follow up: my first piece of vanadinite on barite arrived this morning. This stuff is tiny, but intricate, and FWIW, I'm feeling very drawn to it.

Then again, there aren't many stones I'm *not* drawn to. :joke:

This piece looks more orange than red, though it has both when looked at closely under good light. It's definitely fragile, so I don't see it as a stone you would hold, even if I do keep wanting to pick it up. This particular specimen will be the center of my creativity grid once the rest of the materials arrive over the next few days.

It's an interesting crystal that's supposedly pretty potent at relieving creative blocks. We'll see. Either way, it's a neat piece and I'll be looking out for a bigger piece of it at the next gem show.

Overall size: 50 x 44 x 32 mm
Image is a little compressed, this baby has sharp edges everywhere--another reason it isn't a stone you want to move around much!

Wow! That's beautiful! Let us know if it aids your creative flow.

jolie_amethyst

Wow! That's beautiful! Let us know if it aids your creative flow.

Thanks! I'll write up and post the full grid once everything comes in--I figure I'll leave it in place for 3 months and report in on it periodically. I do think crystal grids can work. I'm just a bit dubious on whether or not *I* can make one that works. LOL

G6

Thanks! I'll write up and post the full grid once everything comes in--I figure I'll leave it in place for 3 months and report in on it periodically. I do think crystal grids can work. I'm just a bit dubious on whether or not *I* can make one that works. LOL

Cool, thanks! I have enough crystals to make a grid. In fact, they're all over the house, so I have an uneducated grid going already, lol! I should learn more, put some thought into it and perhaps redistribute them. We'll see...:) Look forward to your findings!