Karma Angels deck

Le Fanu

Some pics to enable the curious...
But remember - ALL the background is glorious gold. Fabulous. The cards are bigger than your standard LoS tarot deck, so these images really feel quite spectacular. It doesn't come across in the scans -but the scans are good to get a sense of the imagery.​

Madrigal

But remember - ALL the background is glorious gold. Fabulous. The cards are bigger than your standard LoS tarot deck, so these images really feel quite spectacular. It doesn't come across in the scans -but the scans are good to get a sense of the imagery.

Gold like the gold of the Nefertari Tarot? Or a more muted gold? Either way I'm looking forward to these and will post some actual pics when they arrive.

On another note here is another angel deck with artwork that has a similar feeling of sobriety, weight and presence.

MoonGypsy

On another note here is another angel deck with artwork that has a similar feeling of sobriety, weight and presence.

i used to have that Marooney Angel Blessings deck; It was nice, but so far [visually]i am finding the Karma Angels much more appealing...i like the layout and color palette. i really didn't care for the borders, etc. on the Marooney Angel Blessings...i would have liked it more with less or no borders; and no keywords...

Madrigal

Yep, I was already thinking, trim job needed for those as I was looking at them. I like the artwork and don't mind the keywords but the long descriptions aren't quite my cuppa. The KA's companion book is written by Tali-Marcus team so I'm interested to see their take on these. I've just been looking through my Kat Black Golden to see how it might pair up with the KA. I think it will be quite a sumptuous partnership and I'd forgotten how gorgeous Kat Black's deck is, even with the shiny laminate which is often a deal-breaker for me.

MoonGypsy

Well...i just noticed i had some Amazon points which took off a few dollars, and since
there were only 2 left in stock...i just pushed the "Buy" Button. One of the main decks i
use is Kat's Golden [i have the Matte edition. :)] and i do think the Karma Angels will
pair up beautifully with it. :) The Byzantine also, and Tarot of the Tsar.
The Clincher for me was the Artist-- A. A. Atanasov--who is my favorite lo Scarabeo artist.

So this is a new release of the deck? Didn't this deck come out as an alone deck in the
early 2000's ? Have the cards been changed? i am a little confuddled...

ETA: i got it now...:p Somehow i missed what Le Fanu said in an earlier post:

Le Fanu said:
This deck has just been reissued in a large size, richly gilded on lovely thick cardstock and with no muiltilingual titles (just one angel name and a number).

Now i am extra pleased i made the right choice!

Madrigal, regarding the gold touches, here is what it says on Amazon:

"Fate, life, and Angels—the Karma Angels Oracle is an inspirational deck that provides gentle guidance and warm wisdom from our ethereal helpers. This golden edition includes gold foil highlights for a reading experience of unsurpassed radiance. Includes guidebook by Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin, authors of Around the Tarot in 78 Days."

MoonGypsy

Some pics to enable the curious...

376ab83c-8755-4ded-8848-a53ca49dd134_zpsn4ddhyxg.jpg

Do these pics show the borders fairly true to color? i have seen a couple of other pics where
all but the top enclosed title box looks more cream color. i like the uniform look in the above pics.

...and this one on Lo Scarabo's Website, the borders look wider and a different color again...

http://www.loscarabeo.com/707-3492-thickbox/oracolo-degli-angeli-del-karma.jpg

And i have also seen a couple of different boxes...

Le Fanu---What say you? What are yours like, comparatively?

Madrigal

Well...i just noticed i had some Amazon points which took off a few dollars, and since
there were only 2 left in stock...i just pushed the "Buy" Button. One of the main decks i
use is Kat's Golden [i have the Matte edition. :)] and i do think the Karma Angels will
pair up beautifully with it. :) The Byzantine also, and Tarot of the Tsar.
The Clincher for me was the Artist-- A. A. Atanasov--who is my favorite lo Scarabeo artist.

So this is a new release of the deck? Didn't this deck come out as an alone deck in the
early 2000's ? Have the cards been changed? i am a little confuddled...

ETA: i got it now...:p Somehow i missed what Le Fanu said in an earlier post:

Now i am extra pleased i made the right choice!

Madrigal, regarding the gold touches, here is what it says on Amazon:

"Fate, life, and Angels—the Karma Angels Oracle is an inspirational deck that provides gentle guidance and warm wisdom from our ethereal helpers. This golden edition includes gold foil highlights for a reading experience of unsurpassed radiance. Includes guidebook by Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin, authors of Around the Tarot in 78 Days."

Oh my! Angels with bling, blingy angels, blinged-winged messengers...:angel:

Tigerangel

I can't help but think the Angel Oracle would be a great accompaniment for the Karma Angels Oracle, it was my first deck I ever bough I got it in the early nineties I have had it for a very long time, I rarely use it now unless I want a deep spiritual answer with it.
It has a hardbacked book with it and gives alot of information on the angel hierarchy.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/angel-oracle/

Le Fanu

Le Fanu---What say you? What are yours like, comparatively?
The colouring in that link is way out. They look very jaundiced. In reality, the borders are off white at the edges and very pale ivory-ish yellow where the titles are. That yellow background is completely covered with gold.

It is a sort of Botticelli/ Mantegna gold leafing - very decorative and filligree, not slabsof gold like the Klimt or Nefertari. Does that make sense? The golding is like dense lacework -very pretty.

Truth be told I really dislike all other Angel decks - they are always too sappy and lifeless and feel good and keyworded to high heaven. I don't really need that. I have been using these with the Golden Tarot of the Tsar and they look FABULOUS! Karma Angel card in the centre and 4 Golden Tarot of the Tsar cards surrounding it. A reading fit for a Romanov.

These angels are a little harder, poised and opulent. Angels as warriors, as one sees in Byzantine art, brandishing scales and swords. There is just enough in each card to guide you towards a meaning. I have read the booklet and find that - while nice, I suppose - I'm happier with what the cards suggest to me. I'd have to memorise the booklet meanings whereas my own come immediately to mind.

This deck was also released by Lo Scarabeo round about 2001 as part of the history and oracle series along with the Italian publisher Fabbri /Orbis. I have these too. Smaller versions, no gold. They were also available on general release in a different box. I never paid much attention to them but the difference in size and gold makes a HUGE difference.

I wish they'd dig out some more of these old oracles and decks and gold leaf them and ask me to write the LWB! :p

Madrigal

I wish they'd dig out some more of these old oracles and decks and gold leaf them and ask me to write the LWB! :p

:joke:

First revision--title change :p