Justice and 6 of Pentacles

JennyM

These cards seem similar to me...

Both have the scales of justice
Both are about making decisions, being fair and achieving balance...and adjusting things.

IS there a connection between them and if so, what is it? I just got BOTH cards in a two card reading about how someone feels about someone else..and I noticed how similar they are.

Al Si'ra

i received the same cards for the same question and it meant that there may be some inequality in giving and receiving..so be careful ;)

:love:
xx

JennyM

Al Si'ra said:
i received the same cards for the same question and it meant that there may be some inequality in giving and receiving..so be careful ;)

:love:
xx

Really? Wow, that's interesting....but wouldn't the 6 of Coins alone mean that? What do you think having Justice there as well does to the reading? The two cards seem a lot alike..and I had never thought of that before until this reading.

starrystarrynight

Hmmm...maybe the Six is the mundane everyday take on the relationship--as Al Si'ra says, unequal, imbalanced somehow in the giving/receiving department...and the trump is the reminder to you that you (or the querent) can bring it into balance; indeed, you/he must bring it into balance in order for the relationship to work.

greycats

starrystarrynight said:
Hmmm...maybe the Six is the mundane everyday take on the relationship. . . and the trump is the reminder to you that you (or the querent) can bring it into balance. . . .

Exactly.

Also remember that when a person seek to address the matter of just balance, s/he most often does so in terms of cash. But, of course, this means putting money value on everything. People shouldn't be doing this in a relationship, but they often do. It's something to look at, anyway. :neutral:

Thirteen

Generous Pents/Fair Justice

JennyM said:
These cards seem similar to me...

Both have the scales of justice
Both are about making decisions, being fair and achieving balance...and adjusting things.
Yes and no. All 6 cards have something to do with achieving balance and so are related to Justice in that sense. But 6/Pents almost always has to do with the physical world and often relates to generosity, to giving or receiving something in order to achieve that balance. This is usually money, but could be generosity in bed (sex), too many cans of food in the garage, too many old clothes, extra tickets to a show--and someone wants to share the wealth.

It's very much a card likely to show up at this time of year, the holiday season, when people start sharing what they have with those in need--or, on a more personal level--friends feel like giving gifts and affection to other friends. They invite people into their homes to share their food, warmth and good fortune, exchange gifts.

In this regard it's a very earthy and warm card. The negative is that the person giving can think that giving stuff = love. This is the card of parents who gives their kids money instead of hugs to show they care. And the person on the recieving end can sometimes be made to feel inadequate. The charity makes them all the more aware of how powerless they are to change their situation without help.

Justice, on the other hand, almost always implies an outside force that makes sure you get what you deserve (and no more!) or that you be required to give what you must give in order to balance things out. This is the card you get if you were *cheated* out of a inheritance money and the Judge says you must be given your fair share. And it doesn't always have to do with the physical world. It could be an apology you were owed, or rights to an idea that was yours and someone else claimed it was theirs.

Or, more to the point, that the person who says the idea is all theirs will be forced to acknowledge your contribution. You may not get sole credit as you wished, but a balance will be achieved. BOTH names are attributed to the idea. Justice, in that regard, doesn't always feel good. It's a very cold and logical card. But it is absolutely fair.

This is different from someone being generous to you. Justice says that things out of balance will be brought into balance on a cosmic or legal scale. 6/Pents says that someone's generosity will make things more equal.

garfield

wow the description of thirteen is really good! thanks for sharing your knowledge

JennyM

Thirteen said:
Yes and no. All 6 cards have something to do with achieving balance and so are related to Justice in that sense. But 6/Pents almost always has to do with the physical world and often relates to generosity, to giving or receiving something in order to achieve that balance.

I had the 6 of Pents come up once regarding a guy who had been bribing a government employee who worked for the tax office. The employee died and the guy was basically...screwed, because now he had to start paying the tax. So...would it have been...

He was paying the government employee money to..well..."balance" the books.

??

I guess what you're saying is that it wasn't Justice because this wasn't anything forced upon him. I can see Justice in a situation where he gets caught and then is FORCED to pay back the money.

What would you say to these two cards coming up together in a reading regarding what someone wants from someone else? Someone wants...Justice to force someone to be "generous" with what they have? For some reason I felt it was a negative reading...because of the sense of force there in the Justice card.