7 of swords

star-lover

like a lot i guess i always get nervous about this card but i had it today in my daily reading
and used the fey tarot
and i got the book out and the book said sometimes principles or pride have to take 2nd place - sometimes you have to wing it - be clever or stupid - do what you have to do

and this made sense to me

so the 7 of swords to me now means taking care of your own interests and that is not bad!

just wanted to share

its a a card about self protection in it s best sense

WalesWoman

There is a saying that seems to sum up 7 Swords, no matter which deck...

"If you can't blind 'em with your brilliance,

Baffle them....

.... with bullshit."
:joke:

PixieLi

lol wales woman....I'll have to remember that one :p

zach bender

star-lover said:
so the 7 of swords to me now means taking care of your own interests and that is not bad

the problem for me, I guess, is that five swords also has to do with self-interest and taking advantage, but seven swords seems to go further and suggest taking unfair advantage, or working surreptitiously, or employing some kind of subterfuge, whereas five swords is open . . .

also, seven swords comes up in connection with procrastination . . .

zb

YDM42

Manipulating Others

Ok, its hard for me to write this- but honestly the 7 of swords comes up for me- when~ well ...when I'm dishonoring someone - and in a sense dishonoring myself, when I'm attempting to make someone look bad in public, or feel guilt or embarassment by the things I say to them. So to me this card would be like callings someone stupid, or undermining them in other ways, like tearing down their ideas or trying to pressure through guilt or manipulation. It's not like the anxiety or guilt or worry we see in the 9 of swords which comes from inside and is towards our selves, it like us thrusting that upon some outside of ourselves and telling them they did something to cause it ---or something like that.. this card for me is about "manipulating" others.
Thats just from my perspective...I could be wrong- it's like the mother who tells the child about all the scarifices she has made in her life for him- or the father who tells the son he responsible to carry on the family traditon or business - or the boss who controls the employee by harping on all the scarfices he or she has made for the company- or even how the company has provided for them. ...? I dunno...like I said, that is usually when the card shows up in my readings.

star-lover

thanks for all your thoughts :)

i'm going to stick with the idea of using ones intelligence to gain control of a situation even if it is with subterfuge, long as the goal is honourable, little white lies and hidden stratagems need not be negative

but i DO know if the goal is not honourable the worst of this card can come out and in that scenario i agree with you all

star-lover

posted a reply 27 minutes ago and its still not showing on the front page so just testing again

heheh 7 of swords
all is not what it seems

cherryberry

I have the Sharman-Camelli Deck and I never got a v e r y negative vibe from this card (opppsing to my NOT favourite RW)
So, to me it can also mean, that there is a secret plan, where one is excited about and doesn't want to share it yet with anyone! It doesn't 'feel' to me as a betrayal, maybe just it keeping something to yourself, which maybe SHOULD be shared.
OR the attempt to protect something (an idea -whereby I agree it could mean that one uses the idea from someone else and tries to gain personal benefit....)

just some thoughts :)

JennyM

i'm starting to think of this card as the trojan horse card. i think that's an easy way to sum it up.