10 of cups - romantic or platonic?

BrightEye

usually, the 10 of cups shows a family, sometimes a couple holding hands, both of which would point to the romantic context of the card.

but could it also stand for platonic relationships? i always have a hard time telling when or whether cups are romantic or platonic.

Mystic Leo

Although it does look like playing happy families, to me I see happiness and contentment in relationships whether that means working relationships, or any other type friendships, etc.

:)

BrightEye

how would you know which meaning applies?

Adjustment

I have seen the 10 of cups as ending and transition, mostly in relationships. sometimes it shows up when we are specting something unrealistic from a relationship. I have also seen this card at the end of a relationship meaning new hopes for the future and brighter times ahead .

Mystic Leo

BrightEye said:
how would you know which meaning applies?

You would have to go on the other cards in the spread, and the question asked!

BrightEye

there weren't any other cards. the context was that i sent someone a note about something and kind reply. i was wondering how that is affecting our r'ship. i took it as a good sign, which is really all that matters, but it got me wondering about the nature of the card anyway.