Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot ~ Two of Cups

La Force

Marseille - System (Bridge)

The Two of Cups symbolizes love, the result of one added to one.

Marseille - System

Two of cups, Love, union, friendship, harmony.

Marseille - System - basics (La Force's)

The Suit of Cups Keywords:

Heart, Soul, Pure, Intense, Spiritual, Emotions, Intuition, Delusions, Dreams, Pleasure, Fertility, Beauty, Subconscious mind, Instincts, Happiness, Relationships, Feminine, Passive, Social situation, Healing, Compassion, Receive, Perceive, Create.

The Two's (Number 2) Keywords:

■Partnerships, Cooperation, Relationships, Companionship, Coming together, Connection, Union/Reunion

■Harmony, Truce, Tolerance, Compromise, Reconciliations

■Duality, Polarities, Reflection, Balancing, Multitasking

■Division, Choices, Decisions, Judgement

■Patience, A period of waiting, A respite

■Receptive, Feminine, Sensitive, Caring, Nurturing, Cultivating

Examples:
■Loved ones first, self last
■Close emotional attachments to immediate loved ones
■Maternal instinct
■Tact and diplomacy
■Obedience as in the loyal follower, the perfect significant other, assistant, friend, etc.

Suit + Number = ?

Thoth

(ETA/Begin) I have no permission to post the Thoth meaning you can view the 2 of Cups - AC Thoth divinatory meanings here: http://supertarot.co.uk/tarot-meanings/minor-cups/two-love/ (ETA/End)

RWS

Love, Passion, Friendship, Affinity, Union, Concord, sympathy, the interrelation of the sexes

Intuitive Method

here you post your own interpretation from what you pick up from the card.

La Force

La Force

Marseille

I pretty much already did my interpretation above under (La Force's examples)

Thoth

prepare your self this going to be a long one. lol

Thoth's meaning are derivated from this formula

(number (sphere)+ suit (World ) + (planet + sign) = ?

AC already worked out the formula for his divinatory meanings = LOVE

Number and Suit keyword are in the above post.

2 of Cups Chokmah; Venus in Cancer

World: Briah Water; creation, intuitive
Human
Chokmah (Wisdom)
Sphere of Energy, Father principle, Masculine energy, Indicates direction, learned behaviour, active/actions, responsibilities, introverted intellect, revelation, conceiving, creative thought, mediator, the word, Experience, knowledge, the brain

Start and end of initiation
Understanding reality
Unconscious thinking

Venus
Principle: Unity
keywords: Feminine, Power of Love, Feelings, partnership, Beauty, adornment, Arts, Tactful, adaptable, placid, refined, kind, friendly, social life, possessions, money, clothes, fashion, lumbar region, throat, kidneys, parathyroids

Examples:
Harmonious partnership
Adept in love and arts
Shows the quality and intensity of the feelings and affections
Senses of personal value
Ability to form intimate relationships
A person of easy going
Strongly attracted to the formation of intimate relationships
A tendency to be too submissive and romantic, confusing any sensible evaluation of the other person.

Cancer
Keywords: Kind, sensitive, sympathetic, cautious, patriotic, tenacious, shrewd, thrifty, intuitive

Examples:
Essentially emotional
Self-repressing and passive yet of an enterprising quality
Develops a defensive attitude expressing sensitiveness, with an urge to protect and to nourish.
Strong maternal and paternal instincts
solicitous and protective
powerful imagination
Emotional resourceful

Venus in Cancer
Keywords: Loyal, romantic, tender, sympathetic, shy, timid, easily flattered, possessive, cherishing

Examples:
True affection and sympathy
Expression of love tends to be parental
Home loving qualities are at their highest
There is an ability to make the best of surroundings for the partner and children.
Emotions can run high and need controlling
Tendency to worry about the partner
Home and family
Essentially emotional

Thothy Interpretations:
Love thyself and others
Unites opposites
Bonding and Individuation
Soulmates
Sex and Sexuality
Sexual relationship
One night stand
Emotional energy
Love drives you and your senses to new heights
Short term relationships
Love can be Short and fleeting
True love that has been hidden now revealed
Sensual passion and love
In a secure home, and family

RWS Interpretations
Passion and love
Being in love
Old friendship
How one loves
Expectations of Love
Find meaning in others
How one lets love in
Peer relationships
Sense of self worth and self esteem

My Intuition
Identical Twins Their braided hair entwines together (2 braids become 1 and tied with a white bow of purity)
Sisterhood
Merging together and yet retaining the separateness of each other
Both within and outside of each other
Love is deep and tender affection
Strong devotion to one another
Love in the family and friends
To be loved, love yourself first
To have a Friend, Be a Friend first
It is tender and very moving, but only shows their bond and feelings
Image of self
Sense of interconnectedness

I think I'm done, sorry too many thoughts, too many meaning racing in my head, I keep wanting to add more and more. lol, but I'll stop for now. :)

ETA: WolfyJames, posted this in response to someones post regarding how they felt about the Vampyres Tarot Deck by ID, I felt this video would go so well with this card meaning, a must see and listen :D

La Force

swedishfish612

Wow, La Force...that's some hefty analysis there. I hope you aren't disappointed with my thoughts! I'm not nearly as academic as I suspect you are!

Looking through the deck the first time, the 2 of Cups is one of the cards that I immediately loved. The LWB speaks of "twin souls" and meeting a like-minded person. I like that this card isn't just about a romantic attraction. (I know we can interpret it as either a platonic or a romantic attraction, regardless of image, but so many decks go with the man/woman couple route! This is a nice change.)

This card makes me think of how the beginning of my best relationships, romantic and otherwise, has begun with that jolt of "Oh, I get this person! And he/she understands me, too!" It's such a thrill when that happens, and it is rare. Seeing a bit of yourself in someone else is affirming and reminds you that you are not alone. This naturally gets me thinking of the concept of soulmates and being "meant for each other." Inside jokes, obscure movie/book/musical tastes shared, experiences you go through together that change you both in profound ways...there's a lot of little and BIG things that can be a part of a soulmate kind of kinship.

Even though I don't read reversals yet, this image immediately hinted at the shadow side as well. There can be a sense of losing yourself in a relationship like this, a feeling of not knowing where you end and the other person begins (such as the hair braided together). This kind of closeness can become stifling at times. There can be a loss of individuality, and feeling like you sacrifice things (new interests, new friendships) in order to keep things the same, because you worry that your relationship can't handle the sort of change that you might bring into it.

Going along with that shadow side, there is a certain...ferocity to the eyes of these girls that makes me think that anyone who tried to come between them would suffer a cruel fate!

La Force

Wow, La Force...that's some hefty analysis there. I hope you aren't disappointed with my thoughts! I'm not nearly as academic as I suspect you are!

I am not disappointed, I'm the Queen of Swords, kinda gal :D

Looking through the deck the first time, the 2 of Cups is one of the cards that I immediately loved.
I had a strong feeling to start this Intensive Study Group on the Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot, with the 2 of cups Not only because I love this deck, gorgeous, gorgeous :heart: but also that it would bring nothing but Love and positivity to the group, also when we feel uninspired during this journey we can always reflect back to this thread, to regenerate ourself and continue on in the study group. What a better way but with LOVE so lets spread the love.

The LWB speaks of "twin souls" and meeting a like-minded person. I like that this card isn't just about a romantic attraction. (I know we can interpret it as either a platonic or a romantic attraction, regardless of image, but so many decks go with the man/woman couple route! This is a nice change.)

This card makes me think of how the beginning of my best relationships, romantic and otherwise, has begun with that jolt of "Oh, I get this person! And he/she understands me, too!" It's such a thrill when that happens, and it is rare. Seeing a bit of yourself in someone else is affirming and reminds you that you are not alone. This naturally gets me thinking of the concept of soulmates and being "meant for each other." Inside jokes, obscure movie/book/musical tastes shared, experiences you go through together that change you both in profound ways...there's a lot of little and BIG things that can be a part of a soulmate kind of kinship.

Even though I don't read reversals yet, this image immediately hinted at the shadow side as well. There can be a sense of losing yourself in a relationship like this, a feeling of not knowing where you end and the other person begins (such as the hair braided together). This kind of closeness can become stifling at times. There can be a loss of individuality, and feeling like you sacrifice things (new interests, new friendships) in order to keep things the same, because you worry that your relationship can't handle the sort of change that you might bring into it.

Going along with that shadow side, there is a certain...ferocity to the eyes of these girls that makes me think that anyone who tried to come between them would suffer a cruel fate!

I enjoyed reading your insight, Love is Love, and Love takes on all kinds of shapes and sizes, be it platonic or romantic or loving your dog / cat, to loving the flowers in your garden and all that is around you.

Interesting take about the girls eye, I like that. hint hint making a note in my journal :D

La Force

MissChiff

Gee.. Ditto I guess lol. The only thing I can add at this time is at first glance I did not see twins but a girl and a mirror.

MissChiff

You both have upped the game. I think I will really need to put on my study cap.

Brammetje

Exactly my feeling. I feel that this card is about having a good relationship with yourself before you have one with anyone else.