Filigree Tarot by Teo Hoble - Work in Progress

Aunty Anthea

Hoping for an update

Not heard anything for a couple of weeks :(

Desperate to know how the deck is coming :D

Please give us an update on your beautiful deck :love:

Fire

I'm still alive and stll working, haha! Sorry for taking so long to reply... And to update! For now I've been sketching out the rest of the Court Cards and I made the wrong decision of waiting to have all the court suites before outlining further. So... At the moment I have the Swords and Coins courts sketched and am really looking forward to doing the Cups, so that I can share my sketches with you guys :D. My sketches tend to be messy and I do correct stuff when I outline, however, so when you see them please don't judge too harshly :p. Hopefully I'll have them ready to share at the beginning of next week. The Cups suite should be fun - the ones that were hard to suggest are pretty much out of the way at this point.,

Aunty Anthea

I'm still alive and stll working, haha! Sorry for taking so long to reply... And to update! For now I've been sketching out the rest of the Court Cards and I made the wrong decision of waiting to have all the court suites before outlining further. So... At the moment I have the Swords and Coins courts sketched and am really looking forward to doing the Cups, so that I can share my sketches with you guys :D. My sketches tend to be messy and I do correct stuff when I outline, however, so when you see them please don't judge too harshly :p. Hopefully I'll have them ready to share at the beginning of next week. The Cups suite should be fun - the ones that were hard to suggest are pretty much out of the way at this point.,

PLEASE ignore me and my impatience :D

Perfection takes time and you are putting a fantastic amount of time, energy and love into your deck :love:

For something as excellent as your deck, I am very happy to wait :)

Next year will do nicely :)

Blessings :heart:

MissNine

Hey fire,
Great looking deck!
I had a question on the coins court.

Coins, from what I had learned, earth sign people are grounded and typically associated with "of the earth" or financial professions, like farmer, gardener, jeweler, and nobility (noble lineage). I do realize that personality descriptions matched with specific court cards was a factor but not sure if it was the only factor?
If you don't mind, could you share how you decided on nurse and military person for the coins court?
Thank you and keep up the good work!

Fire

Of course, MissNine, I'd love to offer up a few explanations. :)

To me the Coins / Pentacles / Disks suit is indeed "earthy"... which means I associate the courts with a pragmatic, down-to-earth, traditional way of thinking. More "no-nonsense", and related to palpable things (the body, wealth) rather than a character who's passionate (Wands), emotional (Cups) or intellectual (Swords). I associate Coins with "wealth" - not only financial, but also in regards to health. And, as mentioned above, tradition plays a big role here.

Thus, the King is an accountant and an ISTJ because of his Coins-Earth association. To me he's the most materialistic of the Court cards - which means he's great with numbers and business, and he appreciates tradition, rules, standards by which to judge the situation... He's basically a stereotypical father providing for his family - because, after all, "family" is one of the greatest things in the life of those with deep respect for tradition. He'll be awful in regards to his teen children's passions one day, however. He'll probably grow to be the father asking his "punk" son what he intends to do with his life - because obviously, he can't strum that guitar forever! Haha, yeah I like to picture my chosen "courts" in random scenarios sometimes :joke:

The Queen and the Princess (Page) of coins were chosen together. I knew that I needed a typical, motherly "housewife" in the Coins suit, and at first I thought of giving that role to the Queen - to have her be the perfect wife to the traditional "King" husband. Both ESFJ and ISFJ could work well as "housewives", but again, to me the Coins suit is about money, but also health. So with the King being related to money matters, it seemed appropriate to give health/body matters to the Queen... Or at least that made sense to me at the time :)). Both the Queen and the Princess are nurturing and down to earth, they're both in roles traditionally assigned to women, but the Queen cares for others in a more professional manner - she's not just a mother; she's a nurse... A healer, but a professional - as opposed to the "housewife" who will make it her life's mission to love and care for her children, but who does so by following tradition rather than by choosing a specific job. One is an active "choice" while the other just follows the natural order of things. In other words, my Queen is a more "evolved" nurturer, so to speak.

And the Prince (Knight)... We have "Fire" (knight), under the rule of "Earth" (Coins). He's not fast and passionate, like the Prince of Wands (the Athlete, Fire-Fire); but he does get the job done, since he's got ambition and loyalty lying under the "earthy" exterior. He's aggressive, but only when he has to be (unlike the Wands Prince who's an explosion waiting to happen). He's organized, cares about the rules (like the "King" father), and like the rest of his "Coins" fellows, he will defend things that are traditionally deemed invaluable: his country, in the case of the Soldier. "Country" / "Nation" doesn't mean much to me, personally, but to those with a traditional view on things, it's a great source of pride and something that's worth risking your life to defend. So... Soldier Prince of Coins.

I'll try to write explanations on all of my chosen Court Cards in due time, and hopefully those will sound a bit better, but for now... That's how I see these characters, in these roles. I hope this helped! :)

MissNine

Of course, MissNine, I'd love to offer up a few explanations. :)

I associate Coins with "wealth" - not only financial, but also in regards to health. And, as mentioned above, tradition plays a big role here.

The Queen and the Princess (Page) of coins were chosen together. I knew that I needed a typical, motherly "housewife" in the Coins suit, and at first I thought of giving that role to the Queen - to have her be the perfect wife to the traditional "King" husband. Both ESFJ and ISFJ could work well as "housewives", but again, to me the Coins suit is about money, but also health. So with the King being related to money matters, it seemed appropriate to give health/body matters to the Queen... Or at least that made sense to me at the time :)). Both the Queen and the Princess are nurturing and down to earth, they're both in roles traditionally assigned to women, but the Queen cares for others in a more professional manner - she's not just a mother; she's a nurse... A healer, but a professional - as opposed to the "housewife" who will make it her life's mission to love and care for her children, but who does so by following tradition rather than by choosing a specific job. One is an active "choice" while the other just follows the natural order of things. In other words, my Queen is a more "evolved" nurturer, so to speak.

I'll try to write explanations on all of my chosen Court Cards in due time, and hopefully those will sound a bit better, but for now... That's how I see these characters, in these roles. I hope this helped! :)
Ah! So sorry I just realized you'd written back to me last time.

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation of the Pentacles court cards.

Fire

Haha, you're quite welcome, MissNine! And don't worry about it - I'm starting to think I should write these things down soon, before I forget the explanations myself and end up with a stack of cards I have a hard time explaining :p

Aunty Anthea

I wanted to only post finished outlines and colors here but... Since is this taking me forever (school is in the way, sadly) and I do have the sketches for the rest of the courts... Well, AT, prepare for very sloppy sketches! :rolleyes:

http://orig09.deviantart.net/3670/f/2016/016/7/6/filigree_tarot___court_card_sketches___wip_by_teo_hoble-d9o6dt7.png

To be honest this is more of a declaration that I'm not dead :joke:

SORRY but I really do NOT like the symbols at the top of the cards :(

I feel that I have to be honest

With the little round disks, I think that the part surrounding the coloured centre of the disks takes up far to much room

May I also suggest you reduce the size of that entire section by about 50% :love:

Is it your intention to actually put the name at the bottom of each card? I do not think so but felt I should ask :D

Fire

Aunty Anthea: Feedback noted! I'll probably have to go back and correct those before outlining the rest of them - that way I've got less swirlies to correct in the already-outlined versions :p

And no, I don't want to add any text for now... I'm hoping all the little signals (the crowns, the colored jewelry and I'll have to come up with something for the Majors and pips as well) will be enough to not have to use text :D

Out of the decks I own, I find that the Black Cat tarot and the Ludy Lescot are confusing because of the lack of text. But the Mucha Tarot is very easy to read. So... Maybe with a bit of luck I'll be able to pull off "readable" rather than confuse people :p