Jodorowsky's Court Card System

Freyja of V

I agree, but I'd also encourage you to read it for yourself and see what you think. I found something in it of value (the court card system), and you might too! Please do, however, also search out material on tarot history which is serious and responsible. Anything by Mary Greer is worth reading, for example this blog post.

Thank you. I've read this post by Mary Greer already and I have read a bit about the Tarot's history, although I'd like to read much more, just haven't had a chance yet. Bought some good books but they've been shelved for the moment.:|

Do you feel that Jodorowsky isn't truthful regarding history only or other things as well such as card meanings?

Historical truth/facts are important. I remember (vaguely) when I first started that I read playing cards were based on Tarot cards. But their history is well documented (unlike Tarot) from 9th Cent. China. Foolishly, I did believe it for a few minutes until I looked it up. :)

Lee

Do you feel that Jodorowsky isn't truthful regarding history only or other things as well such as card meanings?
I've started a new thread in Tarot Books and Media, so as not to take this thread any more off-topic than I already have. See you there! :)