What's Your Card . . . Keywords and Meanings

kaleanna

Yes, you look at that position's card. This gives a "different flavor or expression" to the cards that have multiple dates. This is also why I prefer Iain McLaren-Owens' rulership setup. Using the traditional astrological rulerships creates a couple of dates that have the same Birth/Ruler combination, and gives Scorpio two (Mars & Pluto)

Thank you for catching AJ's post! I was just madly typing away, trying to get them all down.

Thankies :D

I got them all copied into my notebook :D

You are very welcome :D

cardlady22

Arne Lein's Abbreviated Descriptions

A:heart: - desire for love & personal expression
A:club: - desire for knowledge, curiosity
A:diamond: - desire for money, power & prestige
A:spade: - desire for work, spiritual & occult experience, secrecy, the key to the mysteries of life & death

2:heart: - cooperative efforts of an emotional nature, love & friendship
coolness, fear of being alone
2:club: - cooperative mental activity
argumentative & quarrelsome
2:diamond: - cooperative monetary efforts, business partnerships
fears regarding financial matters
2:spade: - cooperative work effort
fear of the unknown, termination of employment

3:heart: - indecision in emotional matters, choice in social & emotional involvements, musical expression
3:club: - indecision in interests, mental confusion
3:diamond: - indecision in material & monetary matters
3:spade: - indecision in work, perhaps relating to choice in jobs or work methods

4:heart: - good for social & emotional activity, love & friendship, symbol of romance/marriage (under Venus), burdens & problems relation to marriage, etc (under Saturn)
4:club: - happiness, good mental state, peace of mind
4:diamond: - good for material & monetary matters
4:spade: - good for work & health

My note: don't forget that :diamond: can refer to your value system, as well as what you value- not just money

cardlady22

Arne Lein's Abbreviated Descriptions, pt 2

5:heart: - change of heart, emotional instability, separation, often divorce (under Venus)
5:club: - change of mind, restlessness, uncertainty
5:diamond: - change of material circumstances or source of income
5:spade: - changes in work, travel, moves

6:heart: - law of love, serenity in personal matters, pleasant period
6:club: - law of knowledge, the messenger, bringer of ideas, a symbol of intuition
6:diamond: - law of values, confronted by debts/obligations or rewards for past efforts
6:spade: - law of life & death, low energy & resistance, often monotony in work, unemployment

7:heart: - challenges of an emotional nature, jealousy, heartache
7:club: - challenges in mental attitude, worry, mental illness
7:diamond: - challenges of monetary & material nature, exceptional affluence (under Jupiter)
7:spade: - challenges in health & work, mundane difficulties- but an excellent influence for spiritual interests

cardlady22

Arne Lein's Abbreviated Description, pt 3

8:heart: - power of love, charm, personal force, excellent for all types of people-oriented activities, entertainment
8:club: - power of mind, excellent for intellectual activity, use your head to overcome problems
8:diamond: - power of values (material & otherwise), excellent for earning money & making material improvements
8:spade: - power of labor, excellent for work activity, a symbol of healing power

9:heart: - disappointment in emotional matters, loss of love or friends, fulfillment through compassion & expression of universal love
9:club: - disappointment in mental efforts, frustration, worry, mental illness, persistence required to tap mental power here
9:diamond: - disappointment in financial matters, loss of money, avoid speculative ventures or investments meant for quick turnover, money spent for personal items & pleasure (under Venus or Jupiter)
9:spade: - disappointment in work, long hours of hard work, can indicate a serious health challenge (under Saturn), accidents from erratic behavior (under Mercury or Mars), a symbol of conclusions: end of job, situations or life

10:heart: - success in dealing with people, excellent influence for performers & salespeople, charm & personality at their best; others may find it difficult to resist you
10:club: - success in mental activities. excellent for all types of intellectual endeavors, accelerates the assimilation of knowledge
10:diamond: - success in money & material matters, press financial interests, don't allow a sense of affluence to minimize your efforts
10:spade: - success in work, excellent time for career activities & special projects, make improvements, seek high objectives

cardlady22

Arne Lein's Abbreviated Description, pt 4

J:heart: - "the Christ card" symbolic of sacrifice, nobility, strong emotional feelings, may be tempted to overindulgence
J:club: - inspire others through the sharing of knowledge via writing, teaching & theatrical arts, temptation to waste time in trivia, sometimes symbolic of irresponsibility
J:diamond: - strong material sense, have excellent rapport with people, often identified with selling, good for artistic expression, symbolic of youthful qualities
J:spade: - dynamic creative work influence, can also indicate dubious qualities (con or thief), a symbol of initiation into the mysteries of life

Q:heart: - symbolic of special & emotional activity, marriage (under Venus)
Q:club: - symbol of sensitive mental activity with intuitive overtones, a symbol of service- counselor, teacher of service occupations (hospitals, restaurants)
Q:diamond: - symbolic of authority & leadership (especially in material/monetary matters), can symbolize extravagance & dominance
Q:spade: - symbolizes leadership through hard work or spiritual inspiration, the secret of the power represented here is "self mastery"

K:heart: - rule through love, accent on emotional considerations
K:club: - rule through knowledge, emphasis on mental activity, frequently represents doctors & attorneys
K:diamond: - rule through values, material power, heads of businesses
K:spade: - rule through wisdom & work, much power is hidden in this card, considered the top symbol of "mastery"

San Sebastian

;) Let the games begin! I love to read through any & all authors' interpretations or descriptions of the cards. My usual method is to jot down a couple of their keywords that really hit me and then browse my thesaurus looking for more. I'll follow through from entry to entry based on the word that jumps out most. This is what my Summary Index card (carried in my purse) looks like:

:heart: ~ emotion, passion

:club: ~ communication, direction

:diamond: ~ construction, production

:spade: ~ revelation, manifestation

Ace: Self ~ New, Need

Two: Partner ~ Balance, Fear

Three: Group ~ Decision, Uncertainty

Four: Build ~ Stability, Breakdown

Five: Express ~ Change, Movement

Six: Adjust ~ Consistency, Unexpected

Seven: Process ~ Problems, Right Use

Eight: Expand ~ Power, Success/Use

Nine: Challenge ~ Fulfillment, Endings

Ten: Achieve ~ Global, Excess

Jack: Awaken ~ Sacrifice, Inspiration

Queen: Receive ~ Intuition, Reaction

King: Serve ~ Mastery, Support

This list is all but practical and is overly complicated. I doubt it could help do read the pcs

San Sebastian

J:heart: - "the Christ card" symbolic of sacrifice, nobility, strong emotional feelings, may be tempted to overindulgence
J:club: - inspire others through the sharing of knowledge via writing, teaching & theatrical arts, temptation to waste time in trivia, sometimes symbolic of irresponsibility
J:diamond: - strong material sense, have excellent rapport with people, often identified with selling, good for artistic expression, symbolic of youthful qualities
J:spade: - dynamic creative work influence, can also indicate dubious qualities (con or thief), a symbol of initiation into the mysteries of life

Q:heart: - symbolic of special & emotional activity, marriage (under Venus)
Q:club: - symbol of sensitive mental activity with intuitive overtones, a symbol of service- counselor, teacher of service occupations (hospitals, restaurants)
Q:diamond: - symbolic of authority & leadership (especially in material/monetary matters), can symbolize extravagance & dominance
Q:spade: - symbolizes leadership through hard work or spiritual inspiration, the secret of the power represented here is "self mastery"

K:heart: - rule through love, accent on emotional considerations
K:club: - rule through knowledge, emphasis on mental activity, frequently represents doctors & attorneys
K:diamond: - rule through values, material power, heads of businesses
K:spade: - rule through wisdom & work, much power is hidden in this card, considered the top symbol of "mastery"

Maybe it works for you but there are big flaws in all your charts