Gilded Tarot - What is your favorite card and why???

colinmcq

the lovers

the lovers is a sensal card, the three of swords is also nice the way the the card has been depicted as well as the ace swords. in general I love the way that the deck has been shown in general i love all the art work that ciro does..

amethyst57

love the whole deck, but the Magician stands out as one of my favorites...
has a ancient/contemporary...Merlin/Harry Dresden* feel to him....

*on the tv show, "Dresden Files"

yirabeth

Ahh, an old thread I never found about my darling:)

I have to say Magician too..or it was...he looks like my ex-bf would look in 20 yrs or so I imagine. Now it's a bit of a heart breaker to see it though..because he really LOOKS like my old flame... :)

Hard to say now. Hmm... Two of Cups looks like a meeting of minds not just bodies.... Eight of Cups is fantastic, going forward to meet the future...Eight of Pentacles reminds me of ME now... (sigh..LOL) The Star in its half-shadowed nearly-hidden promise...

I guess still the Magician though, in spite of the catch in my heart when I see it.

~Yira

amethyst57

yirabeth I have to say Magician too..or it was...he looks like my ex-bf would look in 20 yrs or so I imagine. Now it's a bit of a heart breaker to see it though..because he really LOOKS like my old flame... :) I guess still the Magician though said:
same here about the 'catch in the heart' and an ex-bf (the rocker)...
the magician happens to be his soul card....

NamasteIndia

My favourite card is 9 of pentacles from Gilded Tarot there are some cards in Gilded tarot which are very pretty and well illustrated and this is one of them

I am a nature lover and simply love flowers, butterflies, birds and the woman on 9op is so close to nature she is holding onto a bird and there are so many colourful butterflies around her with pretty flowers this is what draws me to this card.

Also i like her pretty gown and the way she is dressed. The plus points about this card is that the lady is depicted as someone who is independent, strong, confident she is on her own and yet not having any insecurities she knows to handle her loneliness and downsides.

She connects with nature to find her harmony also there is abundance of luxury, comfort and lot of prosperity.

DeliberateDelirium

My favorite card is probably The Fool. The meaning of The Fool card resonates with me in general, but I like this depiction a lot. He represents infinite potential, and I like how he is shown suspended in mid-air and juggling all of the zodiac signs. To me, it shows that he has the potential to channel any of those energies. His identity is fluid.

Another one I like is The Moon. I connect with the concept of the crab rising from his primordial waters and looking to the illumination of the moon for guidance in the dark. My astrological sign is Cancer, so I personally relate to the crab in that sense. The wolves represent duality and an inner battle.

From the Minor Arcana, I like the Seven of Cups. I like how each cup has a different element. To me, it represents contemplation and reflection. Potential choices and/or memories. I also like the Three of Swords, although the imagery is almost uncomfortable. The swords piercing the heart seems like a fight for identity, piercing through to the heart of the matter. All of these cards are beautifully illustrated, and there are quite a few that resonate with me in different ways but I'll stop there for now.