Gilded Tarot - What is your favorite card and why???

Disa

The Hanged Man said:
The Devil, 'cos it's sexy, and The Lover's, 'cos it's sexy! ;)

x

And what about the Hanging Man, all tied up and dangling helplessly by his feet? That isn't sexy? ;)

Ambience

lol

Got to agree, you should have called yourself the devil or lovers in that case. Or what is your name trying to portrait hehe :) Surprised you didn't put a word in for the hanged man *smiles* .

euripides

I desperately wanted this deck when I first saw it, but then it fell off my wishlist for a while - I think because the artwork is almost -too- clean and perfect (I usually like a bit of more of the artist's hand in a picture - a little sketchiness...) But having browsed the Gilded and the Tarot of Dreams while trying Ciro's Win a Tarot of Dreams competition, I realised that I really must get these decks, they have so much to offer.

My first favorite was the Queen of Swords. Love the purple, the dress, her no-nonsense look. I also really like the King of Wands. I like all these handsome men with beards! (I often relate better to depictions of men in any medium - women are usually too idealized, too much make-up.)

Desaree

I'm still trying to get the feel of my cards, but here are my current favorites. It was so hard to choose.!

Major :

Strength: I love this one. As was said before it gives the feeling of strength and confidence without feeling too overbearing or dominating.
Temperance: I'm not really sure why I was drawn to this one. It is indeed beautiful. Maybe she is creating a balance? I still don't know.

Minor:
I like all of the sword cards
Two of Swords: Again I'm unsure, but I was drawn to this card the moment i looked through the deck. It makes me think of mystery and power.

Miren

Well, to narrow it down anyway...I like the High Priestess and the Star from the majors....because of the color schemes and the women who are so confident. Especially the naturalness of their not having anything on (ok, HPS has something barely on). But it's not titillating nudity, just beautiful.

The swords suit as a whole really appeals to me. Particularly the 8 and 9. They really speak to me, since I've had some mental problems...and I read them both as applying to the mind, whether to being bound by my thoughts (8) or being awakened from a nightmare...or a cycle of destructive thoughts (9). Actually, since going on Lexapro, I have a lot more nightmares, it really sucks.

Bellaluna06

Oh my, that definitely is a difficult question.

I absolutely cannot pick just one, but some of my favorites are:

The High Priestess~ she looks so elegant in her sheer, sparkling gown floating carelessly above the water with a wonderful celestial background.

Six of Cups~ The children playing among the cups filled with flowers, the animals, all the color, this card is just beautiful.

Seven of Cups~ all the cups filled with rainbows and doves, etc., its a breathtaking card.

I absolutely love this deck, it's my first, the one I've been eyeing for quite a few months, and I must say it is MUCH more beautiful in person!

Amethyst-Fairy

The lovers is my favourite, I absolutley love the colours used on it

moon_shadow

I just purchased the Gilded deck. My favorite card is the Priestess. It's just such an beautiful card. I also found myself drawn to the 8 of Swords.

Elly Magritte

I love all of them but a few stand out to me:

Majors

The Chariot - reminds me of Cleopatra
Temperance - the colours are wonderful
The Moon - love the mechanical aspect mixed with the mystery

Minors

2 of Wands - lovely pastoral landscape image
3 of Cups - like the Three Graces
Queen of Swords/Pentacles - the knowing look these both have!
6 of Swords - I agree with the Avalon/across the mists reference
2 of Pentacles - I'd like to juggle like that!

Dragon Rider

The DEVIL card depicting a muscular young man wearing a leather (is it?) mask with horns, and he's engulfed in flames.

Very sensual... I just *love* it. :)

I've always wondered how the Devil can tempt if he's so ugly, as traditionally depicted.

This version from the Gilded really different from the usual ones in other Tarot decks.