Timing Methods

214red

I know there is another thread but this one is looking at all timing methods and how they work for us.

So have you had any examples of timing methods that worked, what cards came up etc?

What methods didnt work for you?

Have you managed to use tarot timing threads to lenormand?

Have you got any lenorman timing spreads?

This is also a practice thread for timing, but it needs to be something that is going to happen in the short term, so you can feedback if it worked or not.

I tend to use a number of ways, but manly i use a 2 card method in the same way i would use tarot. I would pull a card to say how long (week, years, months, hours, mins etc) and then a card for how many of those. so Mountain as the first card would suggest months or years, and then Lily i would say 3 years.

lord_ewin

I think you should elaborate on your method while you're at it Red. I'm particularly interested to know about whether or not you've succeeded in using astrology for timing?

How does your double card method work? Are you using Lenormand timings? If so, which ones? Are they your own observation?

alyna

Hi Red

I use law of Three, if I get three pointers to same time-period, that it is!

1) I used Treppner's houses system (The house in which a pre-chosen card falls) but I disagree with his association of houses with timings.

2)The other was from a Tarot reading which someone did for me. I don't have the reading but she said 50th week of 2011 and that it was! she said the last card (Three of Wands) represented 50th week, I associate Pentacles with Winters :/) I also remember doing a reading with playing cards and I got 48th week. close enough!

3)Third was a Five card reading done in the other thread here. They all pointed to same time. and that thing did happen in that time-frame.

Other than that I have not had any success with predicting timings so far.

About your method, lets say you get Clover or Rider (days) and get Fox. so 14 days or 5 days?

EDIT: Found it
This is the system of Playing cards association she used
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100908095712AABw0dz

214red

The two card method is fairly simple, i use the mystical so sometimes the astrology symbols help, but mainly i work with the numbers or the imagery.

i think i would be better explaining the 2 card method by using examples, so if anyone has questions i will show the working out here.

Astrology transits- i have a winter solstice GT, i was looking for timing in my natal and solar returns chart and i pulled a card for it, i pulled the man in this case. the man card is in the house of the tree, tree ruled by virgo, so it could mean a virgo man, or it could mean mars in virgo. i have mars in Virgo in my natal chart, also mars is currently retrograde through virgo, so i know it will happen when the transit aspects my natal mars.

I was working through transits coming up, mainly moons. i looked to find the house and the stork together in my GT (house in 31 and stork in 32), also the sun is above the stork in house 24. The stork card is ruled by Aries, in the house of the moon. i looked up and the moon in aries is 22nd march, which is the day after the sun goes into aries (sun+stork). i then went back to my natal, solar returns charts and noticed that the new moon in aries in my solar returns chart is on my descendant and uranus. so the aries moon activates part of my SR chart, and i have my mars return that date too. so i know that i will move quickly (house+stork), also a new moon is signified by the sun and moon being conjunct, and so this is replicated in my GT with the house card being in the house of the sun, and stork in the house of the moon. also the moon is in the house of the lily so it reads moon/house/stork. looking at the house of the stork to confirm this, i have the key which here is ruled by the sun, so sun in aries.

I started looking at this as i couldnt understand the flowers in my GT and my dailies, when i was doing some transit work suddenly i realised that flowers is ruled by jupiter, which is in my house of dog, and the bear is next to it which rules 1st house. i realised that the reason why certain things happened was because my natal 1st house is taurus, jupiter is in my 1st house. jupiter transit had hit on a few of my planets which was triggering some things to happen. so looking round the flowers i saw what had unfolded, i even had the mice in the house of the scythe, and the scythe is ruled by chiron....one of the issues started as my natal Chiron was being transited by jupiter, which is conjunct my moon. so old wounds (scythe) being nibbled at by the mice came up suddenly (scythe), scythe is in the house of the cloud so confusion is there too. the scythe is next to the whip card, and thats ruled by the moon, so again sudden worries. when the transit ended, so did my worries and fears.
i didnt know this at the time, i looked back and i can see it really clearly that timing wise it mapped to the transits. so then i decided to look at both the past and the future moons in this solstice and see if i can map them to my GT. some jump out, some i need to pull a card and then it leads me to it. I look at patterns and for it then to be confirmed, so the last day of my GT is March 22nd the spring solstice, stork is in the last card, which is also the aries new moon.

its hard to explain really, but i hope this makes some sense

214red

Hi Red

I use law of Three, if I get three pointers to same time-period, that it is!

1) I used Treppner's houses system (The house in which a pre-chosen card falls) but I disagree with his association of houses with timings.

2)The other was from a Tarot reading which someone did for me. I don't have the reading but she said 50th week of 2011 and that it was! she said the last card (Three of Wands) represented 50th week, I associate Pentacles with Winters :/) I also remember doing a reading with playing cards and I got 48th week. close enough!

3)Third was a Five card reading done in the other thread here. They all pointed to same time. and that thing did happen in that time-frame.

Other than that I have not had any success with predicting timings so far.

About your method, lets say you get Clover or Rider (days) and get Fox. so 14 days or 5 days?

EDIT: Found it
This is the system of Playing cards association she used
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100908095712AABw0dz

I do like the rule of three, i think things should confirm eachother!

If i got clover/rider +fox it would depend if you were asking how something will happen, or simply how long until it happens or when. If you asked when will it happen i would be looking at clover/rider to say soon, my fox card has a winter scene, we are in winter so i would expect it to happen before spring, i would say spring starts 22nd march. so i would say between 14 days or until 22nd march. if you had clover+fox i would say the opportunity just turns up when your not expecting it, rider+fox you would have to do some detective work.

alyna

This depends a lot on what sign or which Planet you associate with each card.

Do you have your own system or you get it off some particular one's?

214red

This depends a lot on what sign or which Planet you associate with each card.

Do you have your own system or you get it off some particular one's?

Mine has the astro signs on them, but some like the fish i link to both pisces and gemini, but the card only lists gemini.
each card feels like a time, a speed or an action. i sometimes think we dont think about the question enough, we assume something is going to happen. to do timing we firstly need to know it is going to happen, after that we can establish how and when

214red

This is all very interesting. Accurate timing has been a struggle for me. The closest I've managed is to do a 5 card spread on when something is going to happen, and the cards end up telling me the events surrounding when it'll occur. For example, after someone makes a decision. But in terms of actual time, I haven't had luck. I've tried everything from Steinbach to Lenormand.

I do think its often about asking 3 questions
1)Will it happen
2)Are there any dependancies on you or the other person to take action before something can happen.
3)Is it telling me 'how long' or 'when'

To check timing its also good to try on soemthing you already know or has happened and see how the cards react to that