study group application ~ sun, moon & ASC

isthmus nekoi

allibee: you're very welcome! :)

Royal Cat: Gemini cusping the 11th w/Leo ASC suggests to me someone very socialable, who enjoys the company of others. If it weren't for the Scorp sun, I'd imagine you to be someone who loves the limelight. Perhaps you still like attention, but in a more passive form? Late Jan we'll be covering the 11th house, so this should become more clear as everyone starts looking into it.

Moongold: oh, I had to return that one to the library *sob*... I'm glad you're liking it. While I don't agree w/everything he's written, I think he gives you a solid background and weight to the elements/qualities. I find this lacking in lots of other books which tend to gloss them over. I found his explanation of the houses very helpful b/c most ppl don't group them by element/type which is really a shame.

Also, if anyone thinks my interpretation is off the mark, feel free to explain or correct me, I won't take offense. I'm hardly an expert!

amyel

I've often read this section, but usually keep out of it, because I just don't know that much about deeper astrology. But I'll wade in here.

I also have an astrodienst chart, but have no idea how to read it. Which, from what I have read, kinda makes sense....because:

Sun = Capricorn
Moon = Aquarius
Asc = Libra (my chart says Libra is in the 2nd house, ruled by venus)

All my life, I have flucatuated between being the dependable Cappy, super organized and responsible; being the typical Aquarius, wanting to just take off either literally or not; and letting my Libra asc take over, vis a vis wanting to do the right thing, sometimes at my own personal expense. I truly do not understand why we all just can't get along, and really dislike conflict.

"Intuition" is a word that pops up over & over again in my chart, and this is certainly true. Often, I have no logical reason to decide on a course of action; my "gut" tells me it is the right thing to do, and I follow it. The times I have not followed my inner directional map are the times I have failed/fallen the hardest. The problem is that as a Cappy, I want to know my path, the challenge is that my intuition doesn't often make this clear to me.

The hardest challenge I have is not getting too....cocky...with my strengths. Perhaps this is why I have started down the spiritual path I have - to remind myself that it is not enough to "be right", I must "act right", too. What I mean is that sometimes I have forgotten that that it is not important if I am perceived to be "right" - because it may not be perceived as "doing the right thing". Does that make any sense? The irony is that I struggle so hard to do the right thing!

Any further insights welcome.....

isthmus nekoi

amyel> sorry for the late reply - holiday craziness! In fact, I'll probably be a little scarce until I settle back into a normal schedule.... For more detail, I'd post what houses sun/moon are in...

Yes, Cappy sun and Aqu moon will have their differences. Capricorn as a methodical earth sign will seem too slow for speedy Aquarius. Aquarius will seem too unreliable for Cap. However, Aquarius moon will probably keep a Capricorn sun from being too conservative in thought, or stuck in a schedule which is the downside of having a Cappy sun. Libra ASC might be of help here to balance these 2 out. Check out where Venus, the ruler of Libra is, and whether she makes any aspects to sun/moon.

Yes, intuition isn't viewed as practical by our society and unless other factors sway a chart in another direction, I'd say Caps are probably more reserved about intuition than other signs. As a Cap sun myself, I am very turned off by 'new age' (although strong Scorpio energy keeps me fascinated by things delegated to the new age category!), so intuition can be an uncomfortable thing for Caps. But Aquarius is probably the sign w/the most postmodern frame of mind: every system of belief is relative, margins are as important as the center, so Aquarius moon helps to keep an open mind.

Oh, you do make sense. Reputation falls under the domain of 10th which is ruled by Capricorn and it is difficult to follow a path you know is 'right' when it is not deemed as such by society at large... Karmic payback is also something Saturn deals w/so your comments are very apt. Of course, w/Saturn ruling Capricorn and your sun I'd look for aspects b/w the two, or what Saturn is doing in your chart. Cockiness and hubris is something Saturn does not tolerate and he will not hesitate to cut the ego down to size, to reveal its limitations.

oceanpoetry

interesting thread!
I have Sun 0º Cancer, Moon 15º Virgo conjunct Asc, Virgo Rising. Mercury rules the chart, my approach to life is "mercurial" ...I like to communicate, love to work with ideas and words, enjoy change. Virgo is an Earth sign, so I am a little more grounded than Gemini. My demeanor and how I present myself to the world is more Virgo than Cancer, although I can definitely relate to Cancerian aspects of being emotional and home-loving.

isthmus nekoi

oceanpoetry, you look like you have double Virgo influence, *and* double Cancer, since moon is conj ASC. These two are harmonious since they are sextiling signs. Cancer is nurturing and Virgo is serving, so there's a similarity in theme.

oceanpoetry

thanks for your feedback, Ismthus Nekoi!

I agree the Virgo and Cancer in my chart are harmonious. :) I enjoy using my analytical skills helping others and am intutive and "in tune" to my environment where ever I am. Right now I have transiting Saturn conjunct natal Sun, which I have found is bringing career recognition but also makes me feel much more serious about everything in my life, where I have been and where I am going. This transit has been compared to Saturn return, which I would agree...although so far has been a little easier, because I have felt more prepared.

purplefishy

Sun=Pisces 6Deg 4th house
Asc=Scorpio 11Deg
Moon=Cancer 15Deg 9th house.

Water, water everywhere.........

Am i facing up or down? Do I ever know?
heh.

I also have Uranus in my 1st house. (stationary, r)

CrystalRainbow

I am Sun-Aries 2nd house, Moon-Cancer 4th House, My Asc-pisces

Also:

Mars-Aries 2nd House
Jupiter-taurus 2nd House
Mercury-Taurus 3rd House
Venus-Gemini 4th House
Uranus & Pluto-Virgo 6th House
Neptune-Scorpio 9th House
Saturn-Pisces 12th House

I am a contradiction of things. I am 'out there' but private.
I am strong, yet sensitive. Fiery & Watery.

I reckon it is going to take me years to discover astrologically everything there is to know about me.

isthmus nekoi

purplefishy, that is a nice, triney combination! However, Uranus there in the 1st coupled w/mysterious Scorp ASC should keep you from being predictable. Figure in a fluid Pisces sun, and people may have some difficulty trying to figure you out! Which probably makes you interesting for ppl to get to know you.

CrystalRainbow, that is an interesting combo. Having the Aries sun could energize the Pisces ASC. Also, having Mars dignified in Aries should make you much more descisive and assertive than the typical Pisces ASC. There may be some push and pull, but that strikes a dynamism b/w personal will and serving others. w/o seeing your chart, I'm sensing you have a strong sense of personal values to go w/the sensitivity.

purplefishy

Yeah, you are probably right. Figure me out? I can't really figure me out. I have NO idea how others can either. Hmm. It's hard to tell whether I lean more towards being like a Scorpio, Cancer or Pisces.
Nearly all of my friends are Scorpios, which would explain a lot, but I do get along with certain more sensitive air sign people. I tend NOT to get along with people who are "overly sensitive" because I have a rather sarcastic sense of humor, and those types are easily hurt or offended. I thought that it would be the opposite but it isn't. Very strange.
My roommate is an Aquarius with a Scorpio Moon and a Libra Asc. Sometimes SHE'S a difficult person to figure out but we get along just fine! I tend to be much more decisive and forceful than she is- but I don't know that forceful is something that water sign people are known for, especially Pisces women!
I do have a Pluto hidden factor in the 12th which probably gives me my definite temper. Don't cross me, or the people upstairs will hear me yell about it! Then again, it takes a lot to push me that far.