Jane Lyle playing card-style deck

Kyrielle

I saw pictures of this deck once recently, but I can't remember where. It is by the author of the Renaissance (aka Secret) Tarot and the Lovers' Tarot.

I don't know who the actual artist of the cards is -- so many artists' names are relegated to the fine print in favor of the conceiver or author (as Helen Jones was in the Renaissance Tarot above) ... but anyway...

It's apparently a 52-card deck in suits of clubs, diamonds, spades, and hearts, like a usual playing card deck. Each card, however, has been embellished or illustrated so the effect is kind of like a tarot deck with rich and beautiful imagery instead of plain ordinary pips. It is meant to be used in divination and I think it comes with a book detailing how to do so.

Does anyone have any more info on this deck? I saw it once (online, I think) and I can't seem to find it again.

-- Kyrielle

purplelady

I believe I have seen these. I think they are called something...........fortune telling cards. That's the name I recall. Maybe I'll go look at a few review sites and see if I can spot them.

jade

good work purple!

in light,
jade

Kyrielle

I'll be danged!

Well, what do you know??

That's probably where I saw them to begin with.

Now on to my next question -- Does anyone have them?

Thanks, Tarotlady. :)

-- Kyrielle

Lee

I have them. You might be interested in this article which I wrote which describes this deck and a few others.

Unfortunately, it's only the aces and the court cards which are illustrated -- the other cards are indeed playing-card pips. The only difference is that they're designed so you can tell the upright from the reversed. They are nicely designed, though.

-- Lee

Phoenix

Wow Lee, thanks! You have helped me with my decision about whether or not to get his deck. I think I will, as I am sort of a Jane Lyle addict(I have the Renaissance Tarot, and lovers Tarot).