The A. Nonny Mouse Promotional Tarot Deck Parts I, II & III

blackroseivy

I STILL like shmice!!!!!!!!!! :p hehe

Anyway, I googled "mouse animal" which got me LOTSA images...

Dunno about doing something 3-D now, as it's already being done...

Gotta think, gotta think...! :confused:

Feretian

Aerin said:
I would like to use a bat for one of my cards if that is OK - I mean, it is a mouse with wings isn't it?

Aerin

Oh dear.

The following is going to make me very unpopular; I feel it in my bones.

Mice are in the Order Rodentia. Your typical mouse belongs to the family Muridae, genus mus. Fairly straightforward.

Bats are waaay over somewhere else, in the order Chiroptera, which roughly translates to "hand-wing"'and is unrelated to mice.

One might make a weak case for the mouse-eared bat (Myotis sp.) or the mouse-tailed bat (Rhinopomatidae sp.). But then might I be forced to sanction the mouse deer from the family Tragulidae (a primitive ruminant mammal unchanged in 5 million years) just because its common name so closely resembles that of Peromyscus sp., the deer mouse?

There's a whole bunch of marsupials that resemble mice, too, But they have tummy pouches. And they're not rodents.

And what about wings in general? If we make the jump to wings on a mouse, why not allow wings in general?

Bats are not, in fact, mice.

A mouse wearing a bat costume would be acceptable.

Feretian

blackroseivy said:
I STILL like shmice!!!!!!!!!! :p hehe

Anyway, I googled "mouse animal" which got me LOTSA images...

Dunno about doing something 3-D now, as it's already being done...

Gotta think, gotta think...! :confused:

Of course you can do 3-d! Just photograph it afterwards, and copy or trace the photo. Plus you get to keep your Nonny Mouse!

All Is One's draft mousie:

Attachments

• SculpyMouse.jpg
    SculpyMouse.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 103

Dancinbear

All Is One said:
I may do Dante's Inferno in clay just to pass the time, Feretian-Smarty-Pants-Da-Vinci-Show-Off.

Don't forget to put me in the second level, I'm still there.

Cat*

I love all the mouse studies, sculptures, scribbles, and other self-made imagery! :thumbsup:

I've done a wee bit of sketching, too, for the Devil and Judgment (which I think are getting somewhere, idea-wise if not exactly drawing-wise).

But I haven't had an idea that carried the required spark of enthusiasm for the Eight of Pentacles, yet. (I do have a Plan B to fall back on if I can't think of something brilliant for that one, though.)

This is what my Devil idea looks like right now (this still is the first and only sketch). I expect to improve it somewhat in the remaining time. I believe it will all make sense eventually. :D

Attachments

• sketch_devil.jpg
    sketch_devil.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 127

stefficus

alas, i have been de-flooding my new house :)bugeyed:) and entertaining and chauffering relatives (which was almost worse!) and have had no time as yet to make up a card.

i heart the sculpy idea, though. :devil:

All Is One

I can't even convey to all of you how tickled Old Man River Rat was to have had his portrait done by the famous FeretianDaVinciTutu.

He is now demanding the biggest ears I can make for him. He says he's been misrepresented as a Rat, he claims he was framed.

All Is One

Cat, your Devil is the scariest mouse I've ever seen. Interesting concept, the Devil as a mouse....

stefficus

i recommend that everyone go out and watch "the tale of despereaux" to get inspired.

the hierophant was definitely in there. ;)

Feretian

Or look at Beatrix Potter's illustrations. They have always inspired me.

Cat*, your Devil appears to be forming slowly and dangerously...I'm not sure I look forward to seeing it metamorphose....

I am stuffing cards into envelopes.

A little less than half the addresses are here.

We are from all over the world!

With the notable exception of Asia.