Pixie's Lenormand coming to US Games?

Barleywine

Picked mine up at Barnes & Noble today. Nice work, Edmund! The cards are a little smaller than I like but on par with some of my more traditional decks. I see that there is a good deal of extra room in the tin. In the "box" thread someone mentioned putting a "lifter" in the bottom of the container. Wrapping the deck in fabric would take care of the side-to-side slop, as others have mentioned.

1Eleven

Picked mine up at Barnes & Noble today. Nice work, Edmund! The cards are a little smaller than I like but on par with some of my more traditional decks. I see that there is a good deal of extra room in the tin. In the "box" thread someone mentioned putting a "lifter" in the bottom of the container. Wrapping the deck in fabric would take care of the side-to-side slop, as others have mentioned.

I checked my local BN the other day with no luck. I figured I'd grab a copy if I saw it - I'm still a bit on the fence with this but I'm sure I'll end up with it at some point.

Barleywine

I checked my local BN the other day with no luck. I figured I'd grab a copy if I saw it - I'm still a bit on the fence with this but I'm sure I'll end up with it at some point.

The list price is $17, while it is $14.83 on Amazon, before shipping. I was in the area anyway and avoided Amazon's shipping policies by picking it up there. I'll use the deck, I'm sure. It doesn't dazzle like the Gilded Reverie, but it feels "old-shoe" comfortable like the RWS that inspired it. It would have been nice to have it for the three GTs I did this week-end, just to give it a test-drive, but the chance will come soon enough.

Aster Breo

Stupid question: How different is this deck from the Pixie's Hidden Lenormand deck?

starlightexp

Thank you so much! I do think the deck is very pocket sized and thought they did a great job with it. The tin does has some space in it and its the same size as their regular mini decks so it fits in that set. I've put a little packet of cleansing herbs in mine to make up the space

starlightexp

Stupid question: How different is this deck from the Pixie's Hidden Lenormand deck?

All the cards have been remastered in some shape or form. Compared to the original edition of Pixie there are 9 cards that are completely different:
The Tower
Lady
Gentleman
Whip
Stars
Snake
Scythe
Ring
Ship

And 3 drastically re-edited cards:

Sun
Crossroads
Stork

Teheuti

I love all the changes. They really make sense. This latest version is so clean and to-the-point, yet essentially Pixie. Great job.

Emily

I don't usually get excited by Lenormands but this one caught my eye, mainly because I've been following the threads here on it but also because of the artwork.

I think everyone who has ever seen a Rider Waite is familiar with Pamela Colman Smith's artwork and because of this, this Lenormand really stands out. I love the colouring of it, there are no garish yellows - it has an aged look - very similar to my favourite Rider Waite the Centennial edition.

Also the playing card symbols have been reduced to just the number and suit so no artwork is covered or lost. It's really very pretty. Cardstock is lovely, shuffles nicely and the size and tin are just right. The LWB makes an interesting read and is more informative than some of the Lenormand books I have. I'm glad I spotted this one.