MandMaud

Lenormand - Dondorf

1. Your dearest wish - Rods
2. I heart it - Snake
3. I dislike it - Child
4. restraint - Man
5. fulfillment - House

Your dearest wish are the Rods.
In dreams, the broom usually is a hint in regards to solve a problem and to clean up a mess. It is the witch's instrument of flight, a symbol for height and it also might mean sexually 'lifting' or put you in a sensual frenzy.
The experience of change in consciousness. They are a symbol of power: roman fasces was an symbol of punishment. Rods are also a symbol for a wand. A wand is a tool to change.
The punishment purges and purifies, which is a change.
Your wish is to change something, or yourself through a purgation. To perform a purgation one needs might, this might needs an ally.

The Snake is how you like your wish: In dreams the Snake reflects the need of conversion and renewal. On one side, the Snake symbolises rebirth and new life. She sheds her old skin. She invites to change and alter. The snake debauches Eve to do something forbidden, she wispers something into Eve's ear. Snake is, like the Rods a phallic symbol. Rods symbolise the male genital. Prick in its various meanings.
The snake ensnares Eve to pick the forbidden fruit, because the snake is an expert for forbidden things. The Snake is eagerness. She supports the wish eagerly.

The Child is how you dislike your wish: the Child symbolises innocence and purity, and it does not want to be punished. The Child plays.
The inner child is always afraid of punishment, doing something forbidden will cause trouble. The inner child says: I do not need to change, I need to grow up. The Child warns about losing the innocence by fulfillment of the wish. It wants to remain a Child and keep on playing.
The Child's hoop is made of the Snake, the Child uses a stick to push that wheel forward. The Child is abstinence. The Child is adjounment sine die. The Child: it is not the right time, things go too fast. The Child enjoys its doing, the Snake is subdued.

The Man is restraint of the wish: The Man holds fast to a riding crop.He is using this rod either to punish or it symbolises his sexual desire. The Man is Adam. He tells Eve: hand over that apple. Or he is appalled, telling Eve off for doing evil: you are not allowed to do so.
The way the Man stands, he is a father who acts in the name of the father when he gives punishment. He wants to drive out the wish, just like the Child pushes the hoop forward. Both are busy not doing the wish. Both are fighting the Snake's eagerness.

The House fulfills the wish: The House symbolises comfort, a place to find peace. It is also a place where the loved ones are gathered. In such a home, one likes to grow up, mature and prosper. A house is not build in a day, it means protection and the centre of your own little world. It also symbolises the human body, the dwelling of the soul. This House means growing conciousness and personal
differentiation. In this House live together the Snake, the Child, and the Man.

In traditional psychoanalytic interpretation, the House is also seen as a feminine and sexually symbol; its character of space, cavity, shelter, the mother and the maternal womb.
Man and Child say: the Snake's eagerness drives you completely over the moon. They wish the House fulfills your wish by getting you down on the ground. Come home again.
The House says: live by my rule. You need to write regulations for your house. The Man and the Child are outside, when they wish to enter your place, they have to follow your rules.
The House fulfills your wish: turn it into a witch's cottage. It's the place where the witch stores her spells and enchantments and wishes, till they are ripe and ready to be cast. It is the bosom of your magic.

Your wish is having your sensuality. You wish to be Eve with many apples, without fearing any punishment. You don't always need the Snake's encouragements. Your wish exists, independently of any whispers.
Eve has a world of her own. She finds great pleasure in handing out apples to everybody. She does not need Adam's bad conscience, it is not her rule. She has her very own will, lust, sensibility. She is also independently of the Snake's incitement.

Your wish is having your own will and doing it.

Hope this resonates!

Hi zhadee - sorry to be so long with my feedback.

This reading surprised me! The wish that is strongest, in my conscious mind, is independence - that fits with what you say: "Your wish is having your own will and doing it." I wouldn't have said sensuality was in my awareness very much. :) I have been thinking about change a lot too.

And yes, building security both material and emotional (house) is central to being/becoming fully independent, strong - able.

I'm not sure I quite understand your thinking around Man and Child. But it's interesting that the limitations, the restraints on me at the moment are (1) my ex, or rather, the practical tasks he left me with, mainly repairs that this house needs; and (2) my sons! So I wondered immediately if these cards could be quite literal.

I will have to think about the sex suggestion. Of course I miss that aspect of life, but not much! And I'm loving being single. Maybe this is all about having things entirely on my ow terms... yes, that rings true. ;)

Thank you!
mm

Aster Breo

Lenormand - Dondorf

1. Your secret wish - Fox
2. I heart it - Ship
3. I dislike it - Tower
4. restraint - Mountain
5. fulfillment - Dog

The Fox symbolises your wish, the Ship shows how you like your wish.
The Ship sails under full sails, the sea is rough, the wind is strong. The Ship is fully seaworthy at full speed ahead. It is 'flying' through the waters.
The Fox causes a flow of thoughts, which are no worries. The thoughts are directed at openess, in the distance, new horizons, far away. They are carried by the stream of conciousness. The open sea is the future, you are moving along at full speed, with all might. The Fox is the leader of the flow of thoughts, it is the Ship's pilot, like a leadership-compass. The Fox finds a way in the infinite sea without getting lost.

The Tower is how you dislike your wish, it looks into the distance without moving from a fixed spot. It watches what is coming along, and tries to protect itself from what comes towards it. The stream of thoughts goes up in the height, on top of the Tower, up into the clouds, over the world instead of going towards the openess because this is watched and monitored. The Tower persists in its viewpoint.
Come what may, but the Tower will not move an inch.
The Tower is on its guard of the Fox, it bewares of the Fox. The doors are locked. The Tower says: I won't go anywhere. New horizons are too far away, and the way is too dangerous. I remain here where it is safe. I will not get lost. I stay at home, I won't change, I won't budge.

The Tower is tele-vision. Looking in the distance, admiring it and resting comfortably where it is. But the Ship is on its way to new shores. On the Ship, one is setting out to see new things. On the Tower, one is unconcerned. One does not get involved. Don't count me in.
The Ship means: I want to check for myself on what I usually only see and hear about. The Ship wants to be involved, the Tower is above such things. The Ship is extrovert, the Tower is introvert.
The Fox is sly, he wants to lure you out of it again, it takes a thief to catch a thief.

The Mountain is the wish's restraint; it is a natural deerstand. The summit can be out of reach, it is a distance aloft. The Ship goes away, the Mountain goes up, flotsome and jetsome. Once more, this is immobility. The Mountain is state of the art, vertical thinking. On top of the Mountain, one may be with the head in or above the clouds, a position larger than life. The Mountain says: everything is in control. There is no future which can overthow me, nothing is unexpected or unforeseen. The Mountain cannot be lured into experiments, it is an attitude. It is not a wall one runs into, instead one is the wall which repels experiences.
Stay where you are, get on top of the Mountain, there is only one way to go: up. You don't need instinct, you don't need a mountain guide. You have to follow the well-trodden path. Entering unchartered territory does not follow any predefined path. The explorer does not follow a predecessor.

The Dog fulfills your wish; it is a watchdog. The Dog is tied to its dóghouse, a feeding bowl is standing next to him. When the Dog is released and he goes hunting, he follows a trace. He may go aswell into the unknown, as long as there is a track to follow. If he loses the trace, the hunting is finished. The Fox feeds on stolen game. The Dog is a loyal friend, the Fox is a spiritual guide. The Dog is a loyal friend of the soul which is led by the Fox. The Dog follows its master, the master is led by the Dog.

You are the master who is as careful as the Dog, and daring enough to accept the guidance of the Fox. The Dog fulfills your wish by following the Fox's trail, which means he accompanies the master. The Dog's precaution does not put an end to the hunt, he needs not to hurry ahead, and does not need to catch and kill the Fox.
The Fox is the daredevil, the Dog fulfills the wish which is a dare. Enter the Fox's realm as a watchdog. In the reign of the Fox you may be a Dog which is loyal and true. The Dog is not a loner, he likes to make friends, he is willing to engage in friendships.

Your wish is being a Dog which is as sly as a Fox. You look for a team to explore foreign lands and unknown futures. You want to escape from your known future, the one you have seen from your watchout.
The Fox opens up and leads into the unknown future.
Your wish is becoming an adventurer, free from expectations and getting away from the Mountain peak. You wish for a new goal, you want to let go, and stop thinking of security. You want to let go of your fear of the well-known prospects.
The Fox knows a way down from the Mountain, for he resides at the foot of the Mountain. He will guide you to the open space from which you then may choose a new direction.
The Fox will guide you in any direction, apart from the one that leads you up the Mountain. Anybody else is there anyway.

The Fox is the wish to hit the hay on some Ship with unknown direction. On a Ship to nowhere you become a different person than on your way up to the Mountain top. On the way up you need to become like everybody else who already has got there, or been there.

Hope this resonates with you!

First, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply. The last few days were unexpectedly busy at work.

I have to admit I'm not at all sure I understand this reading. :-/ I *think* what it's saying is that my wish is to make changes in my life to change direction and avoid stagnation. Is that more or less correct?

If so, then, yes, it definitely resonates. I'm considering moving into a different field of work in the next several months, if a particular job opens up. Though, to be honest, security is one of the reasons I'm thinking of doing this -- specifically, financial security. But it's also an area of work that I love and want to return to, which is a bigger factor.

If that's not what this reading is saying, I'm not really sure how to respond. ;-)

Either way, though, I appreciate you doing this reading for me and putting so much time and energy into it.

Thank you!

~ Aster

zhadee

I have to admit I'm not at all sure I understand this reading. :-/ I *think* what it's saying is that my wish is to make changes in my life to change direction and avoid stagnation. Is that more or less correct?

The Fox highly encourages you to change direction and keep moving on :) Glad to see it resonates with you!

zhadee

we're still open for new sitters :) feel free to ask away

claire1805

Can I sit in? :)

zhadee

work in progress

Time for a interim result:

We do cold readings, from a spread that knows what it says.
We need to understand what our cards are telling us. If I don't believe in what my cards are telling me, I don't need to read cards.

We believe the cards tell us about 'X' - which is in this case, your secret wish. Now we need to deduce the wish from the cards we picked. In the end, we come to a conclusion: your wish is 'X'.
If that sentence is not true, we got lost on our way.
But the cards told the truth, so getting lost is our fault.

We read the Lenormands in their symbolic meaning, and in the meantime we have discovered the rules how we combine the cards. Each card is polysemous, we need to choose from the various meanings to find the specific meaning in the specific coherence. The Mountain for instance is not always a hindrance, it might as well signify something empowering. It might be a burden or a power, depending on the context.

Reading cards is a language game. We don't have supernatural powers, and we don't predict the future. Picking the cards is divination, reading them demands phantasy, not magic.
Cartomancy is both the magic of words, and the magic of picking the right one.

One cannot make a mistake when picking a card, but one may misinterpret them. The reading
presents a clear unmistakable impression. We show the picture the way we understand it.

to be continued...

Girl Archer

Still looking for new probands, willing to test this self-invented spread. We intend to keep this one open until March 2016.

"Freud believed that the function of dreams is to preserve sleep by representing as fulfilled wishes that would otherwise awaken the dreamer."

Now you don't have to fall asleep to learn about your wish. Instead of dreamworks, we'll reveal the dearest wish by using the Dondorf Lenormands. Like in a dream, the symbolic meaning of 5 cards will present you with the image of your secret wish.

1. Your dearest wish
2. I heart it
3. I dislike it
4. restraint
5. fulfillment

We look very forward reading for you! :heart: This is "Reading for Feedback". We kindly ask you to be detailed when you respond so we can further improve on our method.

We have done quite some readings!

Jdance: exchange complete :)
GotH: exchange complete :) (we've added something in an additional reading, but we cannot notify GotH )
Bonny: exchange complete :)
MissNine: exchange complete :)
Monisina: exchange complete :)
deb99: exchange complete :)
SunnyBee: exchange complete :)
Seraphina: exchange complete :)
Sunnya: exchange complete :)
Marirowana: exchange complete :)
lilkei_: exchange complete :)
CosmicBeing: exchange complete :)
MandMaud: exchange complete :)
justagirl: exchange complete :)
idyll: Reading given, awaiting Feedback
Aster Breo: exchange complete :)

This is perfect, I just kept thinking of a way to find out my true desire/my dream and here I find this thread!

I'd like to sit please. Do you need any details? Like what area of focus (love, career etc?) Or any other details?

zhadee

Can I sit in? :)
Lenormand - Dondorf

1. Your secret wish - Heart
2. I heart it - Key
3. I dislike it - Stork
4. restraint - Anchor
5. fulfillment - Fox

The Heart is your secret wish. The Heart symbolises love, transition and change. In order to keep them alive, the heart maintains the flow of life's energy. The heart keeps beating. Your wish deals with keeping something alive. It beats for something, this something is what it is set for. A living Heart is on fire.

The Key is how you like your wish. The first idea: the Key winds up the Heart's spring. The Key also locks and opens. How does the Key likes the Heart? The Key promises: I am open for love, for transition, for change. I am open for that which keeps the Heart alive. The Key touches the Heart's fire, you may turn the Key, so each turn will open your Heart a bit more.
The Key set forth an idea, the Heart is an idea. The Key thinks about the Heart's idea, which heats. From the Key's perspective, the heart needs to warm up to its own idea. This idea is the Heart's essence: love, transition, change. For the Key, this idea is the crucial question's solution. If the wish is fulfilled, only then the question is answered.

The Stork is how you dislike your wish. The Stork has cold feet, it is standing in muddy waters. Only one foot is down on the ground, so it is not really sure about that idea being a really good idea. It is in doubt, it falters. Anything might fall apart, falling in the waters, the Heart suffers from a cold shock, the fire dies out. The Stork would love to snap shut the door, hide the key and wait for things to happen on their own account. It prefers to handle matters without much blood, sweat and tears.

The Anchor shows the restraint. The Anchor symbolises the world outside, its attitude towards your wish. The Anchor stands against the Heart. The Anchor clings to the Heart, it pulls it under water, heart-sinking, cold-blooded, stiftles the fire. This is a daunting obstacle when your spirit is broken. The Anchor is responsibilties, expectations, future prospects and development. The Stork says: let's sit and wait. The Key says: let's go, we're free from all bonds. Catch and eat! No need for false modesty.

The Fox fulfills the wish. The Fox is having dinner in front of his den. All is fine. Don't lose heart. The Fox has used the Key, he plucked up his courage. He also says you mustn't lose your head, keep a cool head in heated situations.
Using the Key means Carpe Diem, not to hesitate. You want to be perky.

The secret wish is about being
happy and full of pep, because a perky person is very lively, jaunty and energetic.

Perky effect
The Perky effect, in psychology, refers to the process by which visual mental imagery is thought to interefere with visual perception. For example, if a person is instructed to project by imagination a tomato or a banana on a while screen, an a faint image of a tomato or banana is projected, the person may not be able to tell the difference between the real image and that which was imagined. Cheves W. Perky did the pioneering research on this back in 1910.
This is the first meaning of the Perky effect.

The Fox knows which image is real. The Fox is not confused by projection and imagination, he makes a catch. He knows the difference of light and shadow. The Heart of course beats for love and light.
Your heart's wish is to follow the real image, real love, true affection. Transition, not sinking. Change, not falter.

Your wish is to grasp firmly on reality.

Hope this resonates with you!

claire1805

Zhadee, how long have you been reading the Lenormand? You are simply an amazing reader! It has been a very long time since I last resonated with a reading. So first of all, thank you very much for the magical experience.

~Heart~
The Heart is the perfect representation of my 'secret wish' and embodies everything that I am looking for in the vast emptiness of my life: Passion, Love, Affection, Faith and Desire. To make it simple, I wish to find a path that will make my heart beat again. I yearn to feel passionate enough to pursue my goals, and to not give up halfway when results are slow or when I am not willing to devote my time to them. I need my passion to 'keep beating' for me.

~Key~
The Key appearing here is pretty spot-on. To access my 'secret wish(es), I NEED a key in the first place.I have all these wonderful possibilities all set up in my logical mind. But the Heart is just not warming up to them. Love, transition and change (the 'key' solutions) are absent from my life. From here, I feel that the card is trying to tell me that you will never know what will happen till you get what you desire: 'If the wish is fulfilled, only then the question is answered'. So, there is no point in asking myself whether everything will be worth it or adding further to the hesitation.

~Stork~
Spot-on again. I dislike change and going through tough times to reach my goals. If possible, I would prefer 'to handle matters without much blood, sweat and tears'. Yes! Only 'one foot' is down on the ground'. ' am in doubt, [I am] faltering'. I am still waiting for a miracle to come without doing anything significant.

~Anchor~
Restraints. The Anchor indeed symbolises the external restraint against my 'secret wish'. I am being brought down by heavy expectations and responsibilities. 'My spirit is broken' and it is difficult to go against the obstacles.

~♡~♡~♡~
I am furthest away from being jaunty and energetic! In fact, I am pretty sullen and depressed. So, you may be on to something with regard to having a whole new energetic approach to life. Because my secret wish(es) (one of them) is to be a happy and perky person. I am deeply envious of those who are lively and energetic. They always have a reason to smile.

~♡~♡~♡~
Ding! Spot-on again. I want to follow the 'real image, real love, [and] true affection'. I will never settle down for an imitation that holds even an ounce of dubious nature. Better to have it real, than to live in a self-induced deception. Indeed, ultimately, I wish to have a firm grasp on reality. Which I am lacking now due to my anxiety and co-dependence issues.

Many thanks :heart: You write very beautifully...