I just bought the Gilded Reverie Lenormand' by Ciro Marchetti

darkbookworm13

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR! :D :love:

Thank you, it has been a very enjoyable day. I am eagerly awaiting the delivery, hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Just need to distract myself from wanting to buy anymore decks while I wait!

darkbookworm13

My deck came!

It arrived, and it is gorgeous!

There were just minor flaws with some of the cards like bubbles underneath the gilding, bent corners, smudges, and scratched off gilding on some of the corners.

But I am so in love with the artwork, I can't bear to send the deck back for a replacement.

The feeling I get from the deck is a beautiful shelter cat, who has battle scars and grubby fur. With some TLC and love, it is the friendliest deck I have ever encountered, and I can't send it away for a perfect version of it.

So I am in love with my deck, and the flaws I saw at first have faded into the background in the face of an amazing deck.

The artwork details are bold, the gilding is decadent, the card stock is sturdy enough to riffle shuffle (even with only 36 cards), and the little booklet/box combo are darling.

Village Witch

While it is a lovely deck, I find the gilding wears off quickly leaving the deck looking very well used, which isn't always a bad thing but clients have commented on my "old deck". The cards tend to bend when shuffling and have to be bent backwards to straighten them out again. With heavy use, the edges catch on each other and rip and tear. I am on my second deck in less than six months.

frelkins

Love Ciro's deck

It's such a gorgeous deck, but you do have to handle the USG version with a little care because some copies may have fragile gilding. I think their marketing person Lynn is now aware of the issue.

Certainly living here in the DACH-world, my local metaphysical store (there's no Amazon in Switzerland) guy tells me he can't keep it in stock, it sells out time and time again.

I also highly recommend Ciro's handmade GT reading cloths with the printed houses and the OMG too-lovely-to-believe Lennie shawl. Such a dream to be able to literally wrap yourself in that world. . . :D

Lee

A little bird told me the Gilded Reverie hit No. 1 bestseller in its category on German Amazon. :)

MagsStardustBlack

A little bird told me the Gilded Reverie hit No. 1 bestseller in its category on German Amazon. :)

Did it?

Well i have to admit i still haven't used it. Its a beautiful deck, so il keep it for a rainy day but i just haven't a clue about Lenormand reading system. I'm still learning Tarot and at college doing Psychotherapy, my brain hasn't got the time or room right now for anything else.

cirom

Yes it is apparently doing quite well, enough so that the German publisher asked if they could also produce a translation of my extended companion book as a hard copy. Something I didn't have the confidence to do myself, (I only offered it as a pdf download in its original English form). In fact I thought they were being way over optimistic when they indicated the several thousand print run they were planning, especially when you consider it is an optional extra, after all there is a LWB that comes with the deck itself. But clearly they know their market, as within a couple of months they ordered a re print.... I'm rather pleased by that, not just because of corresponding royalties that may generate, because I wasn't really expecting much when I signed the material over, but also honored, because as I mentioned in another thread, it reinforces the acceptance of this deck by many people in what is after all the traditional homeland (or should I say Fatherland) of the first Lenormand decks.

FLizarraga

This is probably the MOST enabling Lenormand ever. It was the very first I bought, and I would also love to get my hands on the special edition --but alas, it's gone, and the people who have it are not selling it. Perhaps a second special edition --with some changes, so not to devaluate the first-- is in order? <wink wink nudge nudge>

A friend of mine actually gasped when I took out the cards --they're THAT stunning.

Great job, Ciro!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.S. The extended companion PDF is excellent. I'm not surprised the book is sold out in Germany.

P.P.S. Perhaps a second special edition --with some changes, so not to devaluate the first-- is in order? <wink wink nudge nudge>

Cocobird55

It is a wonderful deck, and I'm glad that it is so well appreciated.