Oracles and Tarot...

Phoenix_89

Does anyone use the Oracle cards and Tarot cards together, like do a reading with their Tarot cards then also lay out some Oracles? As I have Oracle cards and Tarot and was wondering if it can work?

Please let me know
Love and Light

Muir Aingeal

Yes I have and it works. There is a reader who does it all the time. You might what to watch some his videos to get an idea youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarotOracle#p/u

I believe this reader is a member here but his screen name escapes me at the moment.

BodhiSeed

I have all of my tarot decks paired with an oracle. I do a reading with my tarot cards, then use an oracle card to summarize or give further insight on the reading. I've always been amazed at how well these two work together, and how the oracle reading seems to tie into the tarot reading so well.

cardlady22

Muir Aingeal said:
Yes I have and it works. There is a reader who does it all the time. You might what to watch some his videos to get an idea youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarotOracle#p/u

I believe this reader is a member here but his screen name escapes me at the moment.
I could be mistaken, but I think it's akirafist.

HearthCricket

Phoenix_89 said:
Does anyone use the Oracle cards and Tarot cards together, like do a reading with their Tarot cards then also lay out some Oracles? As I have Oracle cards and Tarot and was wondering if it can work?

Please let me know
Love and Light

Quite often! Many times I do a 5 card reading with tarot and pick one oracle card, and also a rune or a few to flesh out the reading and use them to clarify a reading that might be hanging a bit dusky. It works wonderfully, especially if you match themes of decks and oracles that seem to work well together. For example, I doubt I would use the Spirit of the Wheel with the Bohemian Gothic, but I would most certainly use it with the Vision Quest tarot. Have some fun with it!

Londubh

I occasionally do this when I am in the mood. Using both can sometimes give a fuller more rounded out answer, if that makes any sense.

KariRoad

Phoenix_89 said:
Laying out some Oracles, before or after some Tarots, might maybe work, if you're stretching the limits. But, what are your limits?

Experience gives one the ability to choose how far to go, but equally, we learn that a little goes a long way.

Flip a coin, turn a card, roll a rune, spin the wheel ;) 1+1+1 = 1

Llynn

I do now :) Five or so months ago I was in a sad place with Tarot - just no longer interested in it. I forget how I started with Lenormand cards (but I know it was from AT somehow) and realized how more practical the readings were for me - even though we're talking Lenormand (again thanks to AT for the study section).

Now I am in the process of working with Tarot and Lenormand together - I use the Majors of the Jungian Tarot (no titles or numbers, can't stand the Minors of that deck!) lay a Lenormand over the Major in a small spread, and interpret the resulting pair. For me the Major is the archetypal force behind what is happening and the Lenormand is the real world effect (similar to a Theory and its Practical Application ).

It works for me, and all I can say is try various deck combinations and see what happens for you. Although I'm not taking my own advice here - I'm happy with the Jungian and Astrological Lenormand pairing and haven't tried others ;)

Best wishes, and enjoy your experimentation.

MareSaturni

I do once in a while - I use the oracle to give me an advice after a tarot reading, or to summarize it.

Two decks that I have enjoyed using in pair are the Titania's Fortune Cards (which is a Lenormand deck) and the Titania's Star Tarot. I think it's because they are from the same creator... the cards "fit" so well together, the colors and everything else. I'll do a reading with one deck, and then use the other to gain more information, or more details.

I must admit, however, that I don't do that too often. Usually I read with one deck, tarot or oracle, and that's it.

Cerulean

I pair sometimes based on publisher

The older Gypsyish/Lenormads from Grimaud do well with similar period Etteillas to me for simple spreads.

Sometimes an older looking Waite Smith deck goes well with a vintage cartomancy deck.

Lately my Modiano 184 and their fortunetelling cards work for me.