A Good Dark, easy read Oracle?

lilith

I'm looking for an Oracle that has beautiful dark or fantasy images, that's easy to read. I have Madame Endora's, and Froud's Fairies. I even have the Fairy Ring Oracle., but I find it a pain in the a** to have to always look up the interpretations in the books afterwards. I would really like someting that's easier, that I can take on the run without looking everything up in the books. I prefer dark or fantasy images, but I'm open to anything that I can lay a spread out and go "AHA" without scratching my head every time.

BodhiSeed

The Graven Images Oracle and Gorey's Fantod spring to mind. :D

Bodhran

lilith

I've thought of Graven Images, but I had to read on it too. Where would I find The Gorey's Fantod Oracle? I googled his name and remember his art. I didn't know he did an Oracle.

HearthCricket

Well-Worn Path
Hidden Path
Ogham Celtic Oracle
Witches Runes

See if any of those hit ya!

magpie9

The Fantod Pack, by Edward Gorey. It's great.

WolfSpirit

I just received the Anglo-Saxon Rune Cards byTony Linsell and Brian Partridge.
It is a black and white deck, not all cards are dark but it is darker and less "polished" than the average rune deck. I was very much impressed by the look of it.
You can see a few cards here:
http://www.tarotpassages.com/rune1.htm

I am not sure about being able to use it straight away without a book - that only works if you have the basic knowledge about runes I think.

lilith

Wow I love the Fantod and Anglo-Saxon....These look like they'd be easier to read than others. I have to say that I'm drawn to the black and white images for a change as well. I have been studying Tarot so much lately, my head hurts, lol, I felt I needed something fun and different for a change. I have been wanting to study Runes too, so this will be an added bonus!

lilith

The Ogham Celtic Oracle and the Witches Runes are beautiful too. The images on them are rich and feel like it could be read intuitively with some Rune knowledge.

thorhammer

If you're excited about Runes, have a look at eBay, at The Runes of Love by Bakushina. I bought them a while back, same seller. Ships from Russia, so I don't have them yet. I love the images to bits.

\m/ Kat