Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

amethyst and dreaming

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Crystals & Herbs


 
hermit-IX  hermit-IX is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 649
hermit-IX 
amethyst and dreaming


amethisyt is said to be a dreaming and psychic crystal.
does that mean the dreams you have with an amethyst can be described as psychic?
Top   #1
celticnoodle's Avatar
celticnoodle  celticnoodle is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Aug 2006
Location: across from spook hill
Posts: 29,152
celticnoodle 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit-IX View Post
amethisyt is said to be a dreaming and psychic crystal.
does that mean the dreams you have with an amethyst can be described as psychic?
Yes, the amethyst crystal can bring on psychic dreams. I can give you some of my experiences with this crystal that I can recall. I had dreams that predicted things to come in my future--and they did come to be. But, sometimes, I sleep with it near me, and I do not have these dreams. So, I can't say it will ALWAYS bring on psychic dreams. However, perhaps if you work with it specifically to do so--it will come to be.
Top   #2
hermit-IX  hermit-IX is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 649
hermit-IX 

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticnoodle View Post
Yes, the amethyst crystal can bring on psychic dreams. I can give you some of my experiences with this crystal that I can recall. I had dreams that predicted things to come in my future--and they did come to be. But, sometimes, I sleep with it near me, and I do not have these dreams. So, I can't say it will ALWAYS bring on psychic dreams. However, perhaps if you work with it specifically to do so--it will come to be.
i ask because i had a dream telling me what i wanted to hear while using the amethyst.
i'd like it to be more than my inner wishes and feelings being expressed in a dream.
so i was wondering what kind of dreams an amethyst would make you have...
Top   #3
hermit-IX  hermit-IX is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 649
hermit-IX 

i'm just trying to figure out if my dream was more of my unconscious getting sorted out, or if it could have been true.
Top   #4
jolie_amethyst  jolie_amethyst is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Mar 2014
Location: Pacific NW, USA
Posts: 1,053
jolie_amethyst 

I sleep with amethyst every night and believe me, not a single dream I've had since I started doing so has been true. Not even a little. Which is good, because most of my dreams are pretty far out there.

Personally, I'd be highly suspicious of any dream or vision that gave me just what I want to hear. Our minds are way too capable of creating false scenes based either on what we want or what we fear. And in my experience, psychic events feel totally different than anything else. I've never mistaken one for "possibly just a dream" or for something I've imagined or daydreamed over. I've known what they were every time, even when I've occasionaly doubted their truth on a logical level (until, as usual, they turned out to be right). Whenever I've experienced one, it's been unmistakable--whether or not it gave me something close to the result I might hope for.

Amethyst may open you to such experiences. It doesn't guarantee them.
Top   #5
hermit-IX  hermit-IX is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 649
hermit-IX 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolie_amethyst View Post
I sleep with amethyst every night and believe me, not a single dream I've had since I started doing so has been true. Not even a little. Which is good, because most of my dreams are pretty far out there.

Personally, I'd be highly suspicious of any dream or vision that gave me just what I want to hear. Our minds are way too capable of creating false scenes based either on what we want or what we fear. And in my experience, psychic events feel totally different than anything else. I've never mistaken one for "possibly just a dream" or for something I've imagined or daydreamed over. I've known what they were every time, even when I've occasionaly doubted their truth on a logical level (until, as usual, they turned out to be right). Whenever I've experienced one, it's been unmistakable--whether or not it gave me something close to the result I might hope for.

Amethyst may open you to such experiences. It doesn't guarantee them.
good point, thanks
Top   #6
celticnoodle's Avatar
celticnoodle  celticnoodle is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Aug 2006
Location: across from spook hill
Posts: 29,152
celticnoodle 

true, I would never guarantee a dream I had as coming true. Some, I wouldn't even want to have them come true. But, when they do come to be, it is interesting that it occurs.
Top   #7
hermit-IX  hermit-IX is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 649
hermit-IX 

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticnoodle View Post
true, I would never guarantee a dream I had as coming true. Some, I wouldn't even want to have them come true. But, when they do come to be, it is interesting that it occurs.
same, i was just wondering if the the amethyst would increase the likelyhood
Top   #8
jolie_amethyst  jolie_amethyst is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Mar 2014
Location: Pacific NW, USA
Posts: 1,053
jolie_amethyst 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit-IX View Post
same, i was just wondering if the the amethyst would increase the likelyhood
I suspect that would depend on whether or not you already had a talent for predictive dreaming. Put another way, amethyst is my birthstone, so I've had it around me all my life from the time I was very tiny. It may have enhanced my claircognizant ability at times, but that is a talent I have had and demonstrated since I was very young, whether or not I was wearing or near amethyst when it happened. It has not given me psychic dreams, turned me into a medium, taught me how to use automatic drawing/writing, or otherwise changed anything else that I am capable of doing.

As near as I can tell, crystals enhance what's there. If I don't know how to play the violin and have no innate talent for music, no crystal is going to magically make me into an overnight concert violinist prodigy. Or even an amateur. At best, crystals might assist with my ability to learn the skill of playing, might boost my energy level or patience to practice regularly, and things like that. But they can't give me a talent I don't have, like perfect pitch.

So, if you have a talent for psychic dreaming, then I suspect amethyst could help that happen more frequently. For most of us, though, it boosts more active dreaming in general, or aids in lucid dreaming for those who don't already practice that skill (no inborn ability needed there, most anyone can do it).
Top   #9
hermit-IX  hermit-IX is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 649
hermit-IX 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolie_amethyst View Post
I suspect that would depend on whether or not you already had a talent for predictive dreaming. Put another way, amethyst is my birthstone, so I've had it around me all my life from the time I was very tiny. It may have enhanced my claircognizant ability at times, but that is a talent I have had and demonstrated since I was very young, whether or not I was wearing or near amethyst when it happened. It has not given me psychic dreams, turned me into a medium, taught me how to use automatic drawing/writing, or otherwise changed anything else that I am capable of doing.

As near as I can tell, crystals enhance what's there. If I don't know how to play the violin and have no innate talent for music, no crystal is going to magically make me into an overnight concert violinist prodigy. Or even an amateur. At best, crystals might assist with my ability to learn the skill of playing, might boost my energy level or patience to practice regularly, and things like that. But they can't give me a talent I don't have, like perfect pitch.

So, if you have a talent for psychic dreaming, then I suspect amethyst could help that happen more frequently. For most of us, though, it boosts more active dreaming in general, or aids in lucid dreaming for those who don't already practice that skill (no inborn ability needed there, most anyone can do it).
yes i can see how crystals in general would simply boost what's already there. thanks
Top   #10




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.