Uncanny Intuition?

Kristyjnh

I was wondering what areas on a chart might point to someone having a strong intuition?

I ask because my sister was in the room when I was playing Rock-Paper-Scissors on a video game and kept losing so I told my family to tell me what to pick and my sister was right every time. Then I remembered once when we wanted to play Clue, but she didn't want to play so she decided to just guess before we even started playing and she got it right! There's about a .3% chance of guessing it right on the first try.

I would think it would relate to water signs and possibly the moon placement, but my sister's moon is in Aries (4th house), and she has one Planet in a water sign; Jupiter in Pisces. So I was just wondering what other markers someone might look for to spot an intuitive person.

DavidMcCann

I'd associate Neptune with intuition; perhaps in aspect to Mercury, the ruler of the Ascendant, or the ruler of the ninth house.

Minderwiz

Traditionally the Moon rules the intuitive/reactive/animal mind. Modern descriptions of Neptune tend to mirror the debilitated side of the Moon or a Moon/Venus combination.

David goes for the ninth house, and I wouldn't strongly disagree with that. I probably would go for the third (the opposite house), as it's the Joy of the Moon and also the house of the Goddess. Moon ruling third or ninth, or exalted in one of those houses and in aspect to the Ascendant or its ruler and/or the Lot of Fortune. or its ruler.

However, things are rarely that simple. If they were then all texts would describe the signature without any disagreement. Instead I think you may have to look at the chart carefully.

DavidMcCann

Traditionally the Moon rules the intuitive/reactive/animal mind.
I probably would go for the third (the opposite house), as it's the Joy of the Moon and also the house of the Goddess.
I think we differ in the interpretation of "intuition". I'd agree in associating the Moon with the lower functions of the mind, instinct and temperament, but I'd regard intuition as a higher function, superior to thought.

However, things are rarely that simple. If they were then all texts would describe the signature without any disagreement. Instead I think you may have to look at the chart carefully.
The history of astrology is indeed littered with attempts at quick fixes!

Minderwiz

I think we differ in the interpretation of "intuition". I'd agree in associating the Moon with the lower functions of the mind, instinct and temperament, but I'd regard intuition as a higher function, superior to thought

My own view of intuition is that it is not the result of logical thought processes...it's a sensing.... in modrrn parlance a sixth sense...a process of knowing something but not being able to explain that knowlege in terms of a rationale explanation.

Is it higher than thought? I don't know but it's certainly different. Are animals intuitive? According to my wife my cat knows when I'm going to be home half an hour before and is waiting....is that intuition or a leared response? I dont regularly come home at the same time though.

'Higher' mind is an arbitrary term. It probably dates back to the theosophists in this context., Before then if the term meant anything it meant a logical ability to rationalise and extrapolate from observation..or to engage in philosophical discussion. Neither of these is intuitive. To me intuition is lunar , the goddess is not just stimulus response :)

Kristyjnh

Hmmm... I should have known it wouldn't be simple. My sister's 3rd house is ruled by Aquarius and contains her chart ruler, Jupiter. Her 9th contains no planets and is ruled by Leo. She does have Neptune sextile Moon, so perhaps that's where it comes from. I'm learning, albeit slowly.

Thank you everyone!