The Cartomancy Study Thread

CosmicBeing

Looks like the translation I didn't wasn't that well done. But, the cards you pulled were definitely right for the situation in your life.

I think my weekly reading ends today... so I'll try to give feedback today or tomorrow (8/23)

zhadee

Playing Cards Forecast - August 22nd - 29th

6 :diamond: A :club: 6 :spade: 4 :club: 8 :spade:

all meanings copied from the cardseer

• 6 :diamond:
Quiet, timidity, shyness, lack of communication, jealousy, possessiveness. Psychology, social services, science and technology, computers, information systems, diagnostic equipment. Energy surge, vitality, power, electrical shock, horsepower, kinetic energy, nervous energy, adrenaline.

I have some plans for this week, meeting with two friends and have some lengthy chats with them. I also expect some news from an advisor.

• A :club:
The beginning of a new enterprise or business venture. Focus, direction and singleness of purpose, the exercise of will. Important papers to be signed, legal document, contract, mortgages, a legal will. A building or institution – government, corporate, public, private, financial, educational, or penal. A home belonging to someone other than the querent.

Papers to sign, mortgage, and our home does not belong to us.

• 6 :spade:
Traditionally a card of completion, the end of one phase and the beginning of the next, a permanent ending, a situation or relationship that has run its course, the need to let go, releasing what no longer serves, a parting of ways, moving on to something new, making progress, a moving force, a move to a new residence, a mode of transportation, a car, truck, bus, train.

Oh, this one does not look too good in regards to new beginnings. Traditionally, in the last week of the month, we'll receive some nasty letters from the landlord.

• 4 :club:
Stability in business matters, reliable social contacts, practical foundation, stable conditions, laying the foundation for future progress, a stable business environment, using good business sense. The four walls of a building or room, the four legs of a table, a work table or the social table. A four-wheeled vehicle: a coach, a car, a truck, a cart, a baby carriage, a trip by car. Verbal communication, a telephone call, voice message, and video chat.

... and it is stable. Looks like the news will take most of my energy.

• 8 :spade:
Traditionally a card of disappointment, illness and physical restriction. A loss of balance, a lack of reciprocation, unrequited love, something one-sided and not mutually beneficial. Physical imbalance, health problem, mental imbalance, a doctor, a dentist, a psychiatrist, a wound, pain, an insult, feeling slighted or snubbed, hurt feelings, an emotional upset. Reassessing one’s goals, examining ones accomplishments, investigating or researching a question or problem, a medical exam, civil service exam, scholastic exam, forensic exam, police investigation.

Loss of balance & unrequited love. Oh lord, what a card!

Will have to brood over these later as I have to get ready for work now, and then I'll read them in one sentence... hopefully. :D

CosmicBeing

I'll try to give you my opinion of your personal reading later today or tomorrow.

I'll update this post with my translation.

zhadee

Quiet, timidity, shyness, lack of communication, jealousy, possessiveness. Psychology, social services, science and technology, computers, information systems, diagnostic equipment. Energy surge, vitality, power, electrical shock, horsepower, kinetic energy, nervous energy, adrenaline.

I have some plans for this week, meeting with two friends and have some lengthy chats with them. I also expect some news from an advisor

For me, the 6 :diamond: deals with shyness and caution. Quite strange, but I have started to do a lot of thinking, and I plan cautiously.
This is also a technical device, and I really love my computer. I also spend too much time here. And my mind is on distant things.

The beginning of a new enterprise or business venture. Focus, direction and singleness of purpose, the exercise of will. Important papers to be signed, legal document, contract, mortgages, a legal will. A building or institution – government, corporate, public, private, financial, educational, or penal. A home belonging to someone other than the querent.

Doing so is a beginning for me. I am not a strategic person, I usually follow my instinct, and my intuition. But strangely enough, I have started to actually think before I talk. :p And I watch very closely my surroundings.

This is also a goal.

Traditionally a card of completion, the end of one phase and the beginning of the next, a permanent ending, a situation or relationship that has run its course, the need to let go, releasing what no longer serves, a parting of ways, moving on to something new, making progress, a moving force, a move to a new residence, a mode of transportation, a car, truck, bus, train.

Oh, this one does not look too good in regards to new beginnings. Traditionally, in the last week of the month, we'll receive some nasty letters from the landlord.

Now this one says: stop watching, stop planning. Just let go. Release what no longer serves, and of course the parting of ways.
I can feel that coming up, I can feel this is coming along.
For many years, I have been tormented by my fears. Now it is about time to let go of them and interact with others, quite casually.
I know the spades are the bad cards, but they also deal with magic and power.

Combined with the Ace, this could denote that I walk a crooked path, that I walk in the wrong direction, this won't lead anywhere, and I am wasting both time and energy.

Stability in business matters, reliable social contacts, practical foundation, stable conditions, laying the foundation for future progress, a stable business environment, using good business sense. The four walls of a building or room, the four legs of a table, a work table or the social table. A four-wheeled vehicle: a coach, a car, a truck, a cart, a baby carriage, a trip by car. Verbal communication, a telephone call, voice message, and video chat.

Talking about power - looks like I am stable :) I feel like I now have a solid base. A table with neatly arranged stuff on it. I know who I am and what I want. Might be unhealthy and wrong, but I might have to take this direction. Because something has to change.

Traditionally a card of disappointment, illness and physical restriction. A loss of balance, a lack of reciprocation, unrequited love, something one-sided and not mutually beneficial. Physical imbalance, health problem, mental imbalance, a doctor, a dentist, a psychiatrist, a wound, pain, an insult, feeling slighted or snubbed, hurt feelings, an emotional upset. Reassessing one’s goals, examining ones accomplishments, investigating or researching a question or problem, a medical exam, civil service exam, scholastic exam, forensic exam, police investigation.

The week ends badly. All imbalance will be obvious, any disappointment will be clear, and hurt feelings. Change will come, a turn for the worse.

Most certainly, this will happen at work. There is something to work through. Very unpleasant, nasty stuff. And I need to put down my foot.

Nothing romantically. No news. The happy family from last week has vanished, and confronted me with lots of work.

zhadee

cross reading - test

What I really like to do with tarot are cross readings. Now I want to see if the playing cards do work as well.

1. situation
2. challenge
3. advise
4. outcome

question: how to move on
I keep thinking about somebody who obviously does not care about me.

. . . . . 3. 2:club:
1. 5 :heart: . . . . 2. 10 :club:
. . . . . 4. 4 :heart:

1. 5 :heart:
A chapel; Fertility; A bed. The Five of Hearts shows the healthy development of a romance, leading to family and (potentially) marriage. Paired with something like the Queen of Diamonds, it almost certainly means a wedding of some kind. Paired with a Jack of Hearts, be prepared for a new member of the family in nine months. Paired with a Nine of Clubs, however, this card could just mean someone needs a good night’s sleep.

Now these cards do have a weird sense of humour. :bugeyed:
That is wishful thinking par excellence, and that's what I do: I feel deeply, and my imagination runs wild due to the lack of communication. which makes me dream up different scenarios.

2. 10 :club:
A herd or flock; Clouds. This card is abundance, completion, and satisfaction. It is definitely all about rewards, comfort, and a job well done. It completes the sense of accomplishment found in the Five of Clubs, and adds the element of restfulness. The seeker’s found his or her calling, home life is happy and stable, and/or business is steady and fulfilling. The clouds, heavy with rain on the horizion, are pouring down copiously. This is the “pat on the back” or “Miller time” card.

And this is what I need to do - clubs are work, calling and 'destiny'. This is about will. So I will need to count my blessings, my home, and other accomplishments. Interesting enough that 10 = 2x5.

3. 2 :club:
A handshake; Business partnership. The Two of Clubs shows an agreement or arrangement made between two people, often for the sake of business or stability. It can indicate a treaty or alliance of
some kind, or a pairing up to overcome obstacles in the way. Pulled with something like a Two of Spades, it may mean the impending end of a previous business partnership.

This one resides on top of 5 :heart: and 10 :club:, this is the multiplicator.
For the sake of my existing relationship, I just have to do this: join hands with my partner.

4. 4 :heart:
A trunk or travel case; A lock. Like with other fours, this card shows a relative stagnation. However, in the case of the Four of Hearts, that could also mean incubation or preparation. The image
of a hope chest or a steamer trunk fits this card, with all their promised potential for excitement, romance, marriage, and just life in general. However, getting mired down in preparation can lead to a
life of lockdown, where everything is being kept just so, and never given the opportunity for use.

Oh dear. There I am, sitting on a trunk which contains all the imagination, phantasy, excitement and the wild dreams... how can stagnation be read as moving on?

zhadee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhadee

I have some plans for this week, meeting with two friends and have some lengthy chats with them. I also expect some news from an advisor

For me, the 6 :diamond: deals with shyness and caution. Quite strange, but I have started to do a lot of thinking, and I plan cautiously.
This is also a technical device, and I really love my computer. I also spend too much time here. And my mind is on distant things.

hello there, here I am, giving feedback to myself :p where are my threadmates?
Last week, I have been busy. No sign of shyness or caution. On the contrary. Too much love for my computer though.

Quote:

Doing so is a beginning for me. I am not a strategic person, I usually follow my instinct, and my intuition. But strangely enough, I have started to actually think before I talk. :p And I watch very closely my surroundings.

This is also a goal.

There was some really good news from the advisor, and I felt better ever since. Total relief, so to say. This kept me busy for nearly 2 years, and caused a great deal of permanent tension. Now this tension is gone, so my energy can move freely once more.

Quote:

Now this one says: stop watching, stop planning. Just let go. Release what no longer serves, and of course the parting of ways.
I can feel that coming up, I can feel this is coming along.
For many years, I have been tormented by my fears. Now it is about time to let go of them and interact with others, quite casually.
I know the spades are the bad cards, but they also deal with magic and power.

Combined with the Ace, this could denote that I walk a crooked path, that I walk in the wrong direction, this won't lead anywhere, and I am wasting both time and energy.

I have returned on the magic path. Once more, I am busy creating ointments, tinctures, and magic oils. Doing so is fun, and quite relaxing. A path I like to follow, but I can only follow it when I have a general feeling of well-being. So this is a good sign.

Quote:

Talking about power - looks like I am stable :) I feel like I now have a solid base. A table with neatly arranged stuff on it. I know who I am and what I want. Might be unhealthy and wrong, but I might have to take this direction. Because something has to change.

Yes, since the advisor's letter I feel better. My mind can now rest on far pleasant things.

Quote:

The week ends badly. All imbalance will be obvious, any disappointment will be clear, and hurt feelings. Change will come, a turn for the worse.

Most certainly, this will happen at work. There is something to work through. Very unpleasant, nasty stuff. And I need to put down my foot.

Nothing romantically. No news. The happy family from last week has vanished, and confronted me with lots of work.

On the last day, I got into a serious debate with a workmate. I complained about her lack of communication, and her talking behind my back, and sending sms to other workmates, asking questions she should ask me instead. Telling her so made her flow off the handle. :D She did the shouting though.

I am not really sure if these cards do work well with weekly readings. Were I a master with them, I could read these 5 cards like a phrase.

AraLuck

Ara goes to coffee country and meets a hot instructor!

hello there, here I am, giving feedback to myself :p where are my threadmates?

Thread-mates... love the word! I am a busy ass too... let's see if I can try pull something out of my bag that would make sense for an upcoming trip. Heading out with the gals for a week-end in the South Indian coffee country. One of them annoys me tremendously. I asked how will the trip go?

We are five girls going, but I got:

10 :diamond: K :diamond: 10 :club:

10 is a completion of things, :diamond: is wealth, fire, energy:
"Speed, fuel, nuclear energy, spiritual energy, flight, an airplane, the wind."
I guess, the sense of freedom and happiness, carefreeness we will feel.. the excitement of leaving the city and driving into the wild unknown!

The King is weird, since we are five girls, but this could be an interesting character we meet, who could be "Intelligent, dynamic, professional man. Restless and energetic, there is usually money around him. He may be a wealthy politician, an account executive, real estate broker, a CPA, an investment banker, or government official." I wouldn't mind meeting that type, but then he'll have to choose from the five of us!

10 :club: "Also a card of movement and travel. It can refer to a journey, or more specifically a business trip. A business move, such as a major transaction, a business gamble, or an actual change of business ownership or location. Can also refer to “fluids.” When this card denotes a trip, it is usually over or by the water"

We haven't planned any movement over water.. but it could be we meet a dashing rafting instructor over the week-end who charms all of us and we'll all feel wild and carefree and have the hots on him! :D But I am glad there doesn't seem to be anything bad coming up in this journey. It seems like this man will keep us from cat fighting! Will update!

zhadee

AraLuck

salut ma belle,

so lovely to see you! Happy to learn about your trip.

Hmm... a suggestion. How about picking an additional card for each of your 3, in order to get more meat? :D

magicjack

Hi ladies (and gents?) I have been following your learning thread off and on and I have been studying the playing cards as well. I am almost there if you know what I mean. I Have mainly been reading Fortune Telling Using Playing Cards by Jonathan Dee. I have also found a nice website you may be interested in. I have found this websites meanings are pretty much the same as the book. They seem to take on a lot of the traditional meanings (if there is such a thing). I am finding a pattern of even numbers as more positive and odd numbers more negative (give or take). So I thought maybe you would like to add the link to your list. The playing cards are fun aren't they? You guys are doing great. The website is called DestinyWitch.com.

http://www.destinywitch.com/Pages/default.aspx

CosmicBeing

Thanx for that website and the pattern you have been noticing with the numbers.

I will have to check out the website later. Zhadee if she feels it's a great site...she'll be able to add it to the study link list.