Lumina Tarot

Melia

I posted a pic of my trimmed Lumina deck in the trimmed deck thread. I trimmed the top and bottom borders off, this really opened the deck up for me and makes it the perfect size for comfortable shuffling. :)

Nice job. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

Luna's Crone

lumina cosmic

i would love to have the cosmic tarot, but i don't think i care for lumina. The lumina, for some reason, i find creepy.

Le Fanu

My goodness, this looks so empty and unoriginal. I guessed that after the success of the Wild Unknown that there would be lots of clones hoping to garner sales but I didn't imagine anything quite so brazen quite so soon.

lark

Where are you guys getting the magician looks like jesus? The magician looks young and hot, not two adjectives I correlate with jesus...................
Jesus was young and hot...had a bevy of lady followers funding him, he eventually married, and is probably still alive living in Encino California next door to Elvis.
I have it on good authority that this is just a rumor...and that the author of the deck does not know him personally, and the image is just a coincidence....based on the thousands of images spread around the world of him.
Of which he has no copyright or control.
Wishes that he had, so he could re-cerement the pool bottom and have a decent gardener come in.

earthair

I was window shopping cards on Google images and for a moment I thought TWU had done a new deck, and then realised to my amazement that this was a different deck. I was poised guiltily to seek out the website and buy Lumina when I saw the Courts and some of the Majors with people... and now I'm very de-enabled. I just can't get past the Losche Cosmic-ness of those faces and I agree with ScarletW that many figures look eating-disorder-thin. This is good news for my TOADyness...

Connected and Free does look much more my thing though :)

G6

My goodness, this looks so empty and unoriginal. I guessed that after the success of the Wild Unknown that there would be lots of clones hoping to garner sales but I didn't imagine anything quite so brazen quite so soon.

Thanks for keeping it real LF. I'd like to see a thread to nominate the top hipster decks. I would find that amusing. Maybe I'll start one.

illyria

Thanks for keeping it real LF. I'd like to see a thread to nominate the top hipster decks. I would find that amusing. Maybe I'll start one.

"Hipster" is becoming such a nebulous term. I remember when there was a great big hubbub about TWU itself and it being offered at Urban Outfitters!

G6

"Hipster" is becoming such a nebulous term. I remember when there was a great big hubbub about TWU itself and it being offered at Urban Outfitters!

Basically it means trendy. Selling a deck at Urban Outfitters would qualify for the list I am suggesting. ;-)

JuniperPress

Oh my goodness, the Jesus and Charlie Manson comments made me LOL for real. And not only because it's sort of true now that I take a closer look but also because I had a similar thought on one of the cards the moments I glanced at it. It wasn't even a 'let's ponder this' sort of thing, the thought was instant ... but the magician cards .... it's a dead ringer for Jesse from Breaking Bad right down to the hoodie. I sort of wondered if it was some sort of inside joke at first... I mean Jesse WAS sort of a magician in his own alchemist way LOL.

http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/HWAnElCp/file.html

http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/2gpYxXVi/file.html

For that alone I just can't take this deck seriously. I just can't. And I've tried to look past it because I generally dislike pip card images on most decks and in the Lumina - gah - I LOVE so many of the pips it's killing me.

But the Jesse card just kill it, along with the other trumps. Too perfect and alien barbie-doll-ish. And for that reason, they are more than a bit creepy.

I love the pips soooo much though - it makes me sort of sad. I never have loved so many pip cards from one deck before:(

Michellehihi

Oh my goodness, the Jesus and Charlie Manson comments made me LOL for real. And not only because it's sort of true now that I take a closer look but also because I had a similar thought on one of the cards the moments I glanced at it. It wasn't even a 'let's ponder this' sort of thing, the thought was instant ... but the magician cards .... it's a dead ringer for Jesse from Breaking Bad right down to the hoodie. I sort of wondered if it was some sort of inside joke at first... I mean Jesse WAS sort of a magician in his own alchemist way LOL.

http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/HWAnElCp/file.html

http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/2gpYxXVi/file.html

For that alone I just can't take this deck seriously. I just can't. And I've tried to look past it because I generally dislike pip card images on most decks and in the Lumina - gah - I LOVE so many of the pips it's killing me.

But the Jesse card just kill it, along with the other trumps. Too perfect and alien barbie-doll-ish. And for that reason, they are more than a bit creepy.

I love the pips soooo much though - it makes me sort of sad. I never have loved so many pip cards from one deck before:(
You are giving me an idea: buy the deck, throw the majors and replace them by anoter Majors-only deck, and voilà!