The page court cards

Morwenna

Some decks show the pages as rather androgynous. The Robin Wood deck specifically makes the pages teenage girls. I'm sure there are more, besides those already mentioned in this thread.

I like the genders in the courts balanced too. But I don't insist on it.

junkyardmystic

I used to use the thoth deck, but my intuition had problems with it's symbology.

Farzon

Then the Shadowscapes might suit you. The Tarot of the Spirit has Father, Mother, Brother, Sister for Knight, Queen, King/Prince, Page/Princess. It's symbology differs strongly from the Thoth though it's Thoth inspired.

I too see courts more general as character traits. But in predictions it can be helpful having a fixed sex and age for the courts, I can imagine that.

junkyardmystic

One of my biggest problems with reading decks like the rider waite was that there was no court card that would represent a young woman. In order to be able to see a young woman in a reading I would have to change the page from young boy to young woman.

Then I'd have

Page:Young woman
Knight: Young man
Queen: Older woman
King: Older man

This corrected the problem and gave me four cards that could represent a young woman and would also correspond to her astrological elemental type.
Since my understanding is subject to a process of evolution, I realize that my OP is erroneous in nature. Even though I do still believe the court card's are a phenotypical in nature I have to concede that they are reflective of type specific aspects of human qualities.

I hereby withdraw my OP and submit my new statement for further discussion

Thankyou.

Grizabella

You don't have to use the picture. Convert it to young man if you'd rather according to circumstances. It's not the person portrayed in the card that you read, you read what it represents in general, not in gender.

Grizabella

My reading style developed into a rigid system that each card would have it's own phoetype. I would never read anyone younger that 13 usually 15.

Rigidity and Tarot don't go together. No card or image means the same all the time. You need to learn to work with the other side of your brain.

junkyardmystic

Rigidity and Tarot don't go together. No card or image means the same all the time. You need to learn to work with the other side of your brain.
Rigid systems are useful for determining data by being 1 Methodical 2 Predicable 3 Repeatable. Useful when testing and examining each unique variable that influences a subject. A good rigid system is a system that can be used to examine things rigorously, and can be improved upon. The tarot can be improved upon but only on it's fundamental core meanings, which have to stay rigid to be useful in predicting subject data.

Grizabella

If you say so. :) I just read the cards but to each his own. :)

junkyardmystic

If you say so. :) I just read the cards but to each his own. :)
However Grizabella I realized that most of my OP was incorrect, my ideas were outdated by 15 years. I'm in the process of overhauling my entire reading method and only using the tarot cards to read and predict the subject rather than read and predict the future. Predicting is a real method use in science and other fields, you simply use a system that can analyse and extrapolate useful data. Once you have the data you can build predictive models, the more data you have the more accurately you can predict things. The tarot cards are a system that can analyse and extrapolate data about real things. Each card is a type specific function of a real thing, the death card is a function of a real philosophical process , the king of wands is a function of a real type of psychological behaviour, the 5 of Swords is a function of a real logical process. The methodology is to use the tarot cards to analyse each type specific function of the subject and extrapolate enough useful data to make solid predictions.