ten swords, ace pentacles

katherine

Hi I asked tarot how an married man felt bout my client (he is her boss at work and appartenly nothing is going on between them ..yet) and I got this:

His intentions for her/the relationship: ace of pentacles
His deepest/truest feelings for her: ten of swords.

I understand the rest of the spread but not the two positions above. The rest of the spread was mainly just saying that in his past he had a five swords moment and hopes for a caring relationship with her, nothing else really negative.
I thinking that the ten of swords is him feeling in pain cus he really wants her but can't cus of his wife/his position at work or maybe (due to five of swords) he is in pain cus he feels that she would never return his feelings at he could potentially have low self esteem (5 of swords?) .I drew an clarifer and it was first the 3 pent then 3 wands...seems that it keeps saying the number three,;so maybe it's highlighting the he can't go there cus of his wife/doesn't want love triangle.
The ace if pentacles could be saying that he intends to keep it a purely business relationship and not let emotions get in way of work..or that he intends to try n "plant seeds" and try and get this friendship yo grow into something long lasting. I tried a clarification card and got 8 swords which is making me think of some restriction so probs be the first in trepidation rather then the last?

Thank you for any help.

Katherine

Virgo26

He wants to start something with her (Ace of Pentacles)
But feels like it's over before it began (10 of swords)?

starrystarrynight

Agree with Virgo26. What he may want to start is purely physical (Ace Pentacles,) but he knows in his mind that it would end in ruins (Ten Swords.)

katherine

Hi thank you both for replying.
I think both of your interpretations are right and fit here, from what I have heard, it does seem like he wants an physical relationship, despite knowing it would never end well and may indeed feel like it is over before it has even begun.
Thank you again :).

Barleywine

He wants to start something with her (Ace of Pentacles)
But feels like it's over before it began (10 of swords)?

I agree with this, and would add that the Ace of Pentacles is a rather "lusty" card. Maybe he just wants to "use his club" on her, but the 10 of Swords shows she's not having it on those terms.