hangman 5 pentacles 9 swords ..feelings towards???

Ethereal

doing a larger spread these were the middle three cards , which have me completely stumped. even when I look at the spread as a whole, I cant figure what this is saying.
this was after a break up of a couple; she broke off the relationship, very independent woman

the question was:

what are X feelings towards Y knowing the woman she is today?

hangman..that he is unable to take action

5 of pents her rejection of him makes him feel unwanted

9 swords causing him great anxiety , sleepless nights

that's all I can come up with. love to see others take on these cards, cause I really need some help to pull this together , the reading as a whole. anyone?? thanks !

rwcarter

The Hanged Man can also be about gaining a different perspective. So he could feel differently about her (Hanged Man) after being left in the cold (5P - breakup), leaving him consumed with thoughts of what might have been (9S).

Inana

He is not still finished with this relationship (hanged man), is unsure about how to proceed. He feels like a loser, experiencing a hard time and anxiety. He needs more time to go through this and to start a new chapter.

Ethereal

Inana: yes, I can see the, *not finished, aspect within him, regarding this relationship. yes, in limbo addressing the issue of not sure how to proceed. yes, feelings of being a loser; disenfranchised in that 5 of pentacles. 9 of swords I agree; much anxiety here. needing more time to process this. apt here, I think. thank u so much for participating and helping me!

rwcarter: for some reason the whole aspect of the hangman gaining a , *different perspective,* never dawned on me. why, I don't know. I do know of that aspect of the hangman. When I looked back in my notebook, of the whole reading, laid the cards back down, what you said fit perfectly to the reading as a whole. it was that aspect of the hangman that I missed, that threw the whole reading off. the other cards have now gelled, and I fully understand what the cards were trying to tell me. thank you for such insight!

Teheuti

Who was the client - the man or the woman? Is the man asking what are the woman's feelings towards him, now that she has broken up with him?

If so, then you need to interpret each card as her feelings toward (about?) him - not that "he is unable to take action" or "he feels unwanted."

Hanged Man - 5 of Pentacles - 9 of Swords
She feels negatively toward him! I would venture to say that she feels he is not the person she thought he was but rather a self-pitying wreck who is succeeding at making her feel guilty.

Ethereal

Teheuti: the client was the man, the man is X. his feelings towards Y. Y the woman.
the question was: what are the guys (X) feelings towards the woman (Y).
that's for mentioning that one would need to interpret each care as the persons feeling towards the other. great point!

Teheuti

Teheuti: the client was the man, the man is X. his feelings towards Y. Y the woman.
the question was: what are the guys (X) feelings towards the woman (Y).
So the client doesn't know what his feelings are toward the woman who broke up with him?

If so, that might explain the Hanged Man - Water/Neptune - overwhelmed by feelings he can't decipher. Also, it could indicate that there has been a reversal in his feelings, but I feel more like he feels he's been sacrificed to something in her.

5 of Pentacles - Even in his pain he still feels a connection. Perhaps he feels they both are outsiders, which goes along with a feeling of sacrifice. Can't she see what he's given up (or been willing to give up) for her? [What he's given up may be as intangible as self-esteem but there's lots of possibilities.]

9 of Swords - He feels grief towards her. In the RWS deck there's the frieze at the bottom of the bed where someone is being stabbed by another.

Ethereal

Teheuti; he was trying to delve deeper into all of this, through the cards. the hangman as overwhelemed, by feelings he cannot decipher. yes, the reversal in his feelings . been sacrificed to something in her...wow, something I never would have thought about!
yes, I can see the connection in the 5 of pentacles, now that you brought it up. both outsiders as connection; could be. the connection thing. didnt see that either. the given up thing , never thought of that either. great insight! that 9 of swords, ouch! so awfully painful. didnt notice the frieze at the bottom of the bed, on the RW . and, I used the RW for this read. thanks for adding that one!

all in all you have added another layer to the fuller reading that I did; thank you so very much! it made so much more sense with another layer added on! alot deeper perspective. again, thanks for the help!

seaglass

The Hanged Man can also be about gaining a different perspective. So he could feel differently about her (Hanged Man) after being left in the cold (5P - breakup), leaving him consumed with thoughts of what might have been (9S).

This is how I'd read it too.