Empress as a man?

Libra289

Empress, when representing a man's attitude towards a woman?

The Empress is goddess of love. She is the mother and nurturer of the tarot, the beauty queen, the diva and the artist. So as a MALE'S attitude towards a FEMALE:

1. He sees her as loving, nurturing, maybe beautiful and just what he needs to give him emotional support as she is caring but stable.

2. He wants to mother her, look after her, maybe get her pregnant ... but what if she's the independent type or too young to have children?

Interesting one, discuss! :) :heart:

Prilica

Yes I would say a protective man... Mmm sometimes too much; I wouldn't like to be treated like a baby... I imagine him telling me what to do, how to dress, etc. How to behave....

Grizabella

Empress, when representing a man's attitude towards a woman?

The Empress is goddess of love. She is the mother and nurturer of the tarot, the beauty queen, the diva and the artist. So as a MALE'S attitude towards a FEMALE:

1. He sees her as loving, nurturing, maybe beautiful and just what he needs to give him emotional support as she is caring but stable.

2. He wants to mother her, look after her, maybe get her pregnant ... but what if she's the independent type or too young to have children?

Interesting one, discuss! :) :heart:

A man can have that attitude toward a woman even if she's too independent or too young to have children. What's to prevent him from seeing her that way? If she's too young too have children, she won't always be. But if she's too young to have children, I wouldn't consider her a woman.

Libra289

Yes I would say a protective man... Mmm sometimes too much; I wouldn't like to be treated like a baby... I imagine him telling me what to do, how to dress, etc. How to behave....

Isn't that more Emperor? I think Empress may smother you a little but out of love, not control. She's earth so she is passive, unlike Aries Emperor who can sometimes be controlling :p

Prilica

Isn't that more Emperor? I think Empress may smother you a little but out of love, not control. She's earth so she is passive, unlike Aries Emperor who can sometimes be controlling [emoji14]
I think the difference would be that he would be all loving... But still like a mother he would be protecting me... Treating me like a baby... I think an emperor would be harder and domineering with the empress I sense maternal love

Libra289

A man can have that attitude toward a woman even if she's too independent or too young to have children. What's to prevent him from seeing her that way? If she's too young too have children, she won't always be. But if she's too young to have children, I wouldn't consider her a woman.

Thanks Griza and 18 would feel too young to have children

jolie_amethyst

While I've not come across this card referring to a man, I can certainly see where it could happen. My own husband would make a better Empress than I do. Anyone who knows us would likely say the same. He's much more emotionally driven, affectionate, a good nurturer, and nearly as creative as I am. And yes, I find his behavior smothering at times. (Queen of Swords here--nuturing and affection are SO not my strong suit!) And I'm the control freak, tech geek, and non-domestically inclined one in the family. Obviously, there's a fair bit of role reversal going on in this house. :joke:

So give what we traditionally consider "maternal" qualities to a man, and yes, I could see an Empress' attitudes in a male.

VintageButtons

Just curious, but would anyone see this as a guy who identifies as female? Thinking of someone who is either gay or transgender maybe? I know that sometimes gay males refer to themselves as "queens" and can be very effeminate, maybe he's relating to her as a female, kind of like "just between us girls" attitude? I think this might be a stretch but your post has me thinking about it.

Libra289

Just curious, but would anyone see this as a guy who identifies as female? Thinking of someone who is either gay or transgender maybe? I know that sometimes gay males refer to themselves as "queens" and can be very effeminate, maybe he's relating to her as a female, kind of like "just between us girls" attitude? I think this might be a stretch but your post has me thinking about it.

It does make sense and is a very creative way to look at it, but he's straight and has a thing for her so I doubt he's feeling like a queen ;)

VintageButtons

LOL.. It was just a thought. ;)