Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

If for the last time you're to suggest only one deck to all ATers, which would it be?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

jema 
Citizen

A nice Dodal is all you need really.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #71
Citizen

baconwaffles 
Citizen

This is bittersweet, I have refrained from contributing since the announcement, mostly out of shock and sadness. I was never a full on regular here but I loved the reading circles and the historical threads, Marseille, Thoth and RWS. I have been coming here for some years now... amd well, deck(s) I would recommend is(are) the classic(s).
A Dodal, or Jean Noblet TDM
Thoth
PCS Commemorative
And lastly, because it is a masterpiece in its own right, Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #72
Walking the old paths

PathWalker 
Walking the old paths

"Sort of like your valedictory deck advice to the readers of these forums"

honestly - I'd say look at everything you can. Search sites, speak to friends who have decks, check out any shops near you that just might sell them, new or secondhand.

And pick the one that speaks to YOU. Don't be swayed by what other folks say about a deck, go by how YOU feel about it. And that will be your very best guide.

There are decks I love, but if this is my advice to readers who come after me - that's it.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #73
Citizen

missy 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathWalker View Post

honestly - I'd say look at everything you can. Search sites, speak to friends who have decks, check out any shops near you that just might sell them, new or secondhand.

And pick the one that speaks to YOU. Don't be swayed by what other folks say about a deck, go by how YOU feel about it. And that will be your very best guide.

There are decks I love, but if this is my advice to readers who come after me - that's it.
That was the best advice given and so true! Thank you, PathWalker.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #74
Citizen

Juliana 
Citizen

Thoth isn't my favorite, even though I do adore it. But I think it is a great addition to any collection. It is well thought out and beautiful. And regardless of where you are in your tarot journey, there is bound to be more you can learn from studying the Thoth.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #75
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

definitely the new World Spirit. It has never let me down. I have a big purse and that is where it lives..box and all.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #76
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathWalker View Post

I met a newbie on monday and said, until you have some idea of what you are doing, stay the heck away from those unpacking Reveal videos. Some of those ppl are connected to the deck suppliers. plus you get all excited by the vid. LOL I am doomed when i watch those.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #77
Resident

elsa 
Resident
Smile

If I had to choose just one deck I'd go for the "Thelema". I just love all about it: the deep darker colours, the soft images, .... I just love the soothing energy!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #78
Citizen

Gwynydd 
Citizen

I started with the Morgan Greer in a tin, and as much as I loved it, I struggled with it, because I hadn't yet learned the tarot. At the time, I thought it was because I needed a different deck. Many decks later, and having learned the basics of tarot, I've now ordered the standard sized version of the same deck. Now I understand it, I think it's one of my most important decks.

So, now that I have a huge card-on for the Morgan Greer all over again, I'm nominating that one!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #79
Resident

Scarlet Air 
Resident

Smith Waite Centennial in a Tin
Linestrider Tarot
Prisma Visions (second edition)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #80

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.