My salt lamp is 'dribbling'

sophiastellarum

Watt. Not water!!

The Happy Squirrel

Funny enough a lot of you here who shared has this issue when there is dampness. My place is so dry that all wooden stuff either cracked or become misshapen :) And so this is where the salt lamp sits. All metal inside the lamp has become rusty as well (the part holding the bulb). And there is no moist on the outside, so I suspect mine is weeping on the inside!

sophiastellarum

Wow. That could be the case. Have you tried keeping it on 24/7 for a few weeks to really dry it out?

The Happy Squirrel

It was because I kept it on 24/7 that it dribbled funny enough. I am now trying to see if it still dribbles when the light is kept off. In which case, it would mean that it is the climate around it, and not the warmth of the light inside it that is causing the problem....

daphne

Mine is a candle holder, not a lamp, and I haven't had any problems. (Though it is on a plate just in case.)

I don't know if candle vs lamp would make any difference, but thought I'd throw that out there.

It doesnt in my case, I have both, lamp and candle holder and both behave the same. They sweat, more readily visible on the candle holder (water-drops) then on the lamp (crystaloid rests around it).

This happens if I dont light them often enough. Actually they seem to love light/heat, if lighted or with a candle, the "sweating/de-re-crystallization" is stopped for a while.