Crystal and tarot how to use them

Cacia

Hello all:

I have see people who use crystals with their tarot readings, but do not know if there is an special ritual to do before a reading with the tarot.

can someone guide me in how to use them at the moment to do a reading? or if you feel to share your own process that is fine too.

thank you

emilygrace

Well, I think every reader is different, but I actually started doing this because a friend of mine on AT (his name is Aeon.Of.Horus) uses crystals in his readings and I found it so interesting. I then asked him about it, and he said that he only uses quartz. So that's now what I do!

What I do for my readings is that I use my two crystals (a clear quartz for drawing in positive energy and a smoky quartz for banishing negative energy) and let them sit on top of my deck after I ask it the question that it needs to answer (or if there's multiple questions involved then I tell spirit what the situation is). After letting it sit and soak up the crystal energy for a while (how much time depends on if I'm doing just a quick exchange or something more in depth), then I do the reading.

Cacia

Mis Emilygrace:

Ahhh thank you so much for sharing, that is very interesting the same reason you started doing this was mine to inquire about the subject.

Thank you so much for sharing this is a light in this topic. I being looking for informaton but is not so clear for me in how to use them, your information helps a tons.

cacia

nord_drache

Having found myself interested in crystals before I got my first deck I decided that storing crystals with the deck couldn't hurt :)

Interestingly I find lately my readings are a little clearer and I think it tends to help banish the negative energies.

I use a clear quartz, a citrine , a rose quartz, amethyst and onyx.

Jim

Cacia

hello Jim

Thanks for sharing, after emilygrace share her way of doing readings with the crystal; I have started storing my decks and I use an amber crystal and clear quartz with my decks, but also when is full moon i put them in my window silt to get the light of the moon to charge them, then put them back in the case.

Thank you both for sharing

Cacia

Hemera

There is another thread about tarot and crystals here that you might find interesting.

Cacia

Miss Hemera

Thanks so much, I will take a look,

:)

RiverRunsDeep

I have a couple of larger crystal pieces that I use as a type of
scrying tool while I'm reading the cards. One is a piece of clear
quartz and the other is a smoky quartz crystal skull. If there is
a card (or two or three!) that I'm having trouble interpreting, gazing
into the candlelit crystals clears my mind and brings me to a more
meditative state. Images and ideas start to come, and the reading
starts to gain more clarity.

Cacia

Riverunsdeep

thanks so much, that sounds very interesting and will look for an smoky quartz . I have a clear quartz will start use it with my cards, thank you again for sharing

cacia

queen_of_cups_15

my favourite is amethyst. it's connected to the crown chakra. and i just love the energy! Also clear quartz is a great starter crystal to include in a tarot reading. I just place the crystal on the table with me. It also just looks pretty to have crystals on the table while you read for someone ;)

I think it's important to pick crystals you are drawn to (use your intuition), then look up their meaning after. It can be a good indication of what you need to work on while doing readings.