organization

hermit-IX

how to you keep track of all your crystals.
do you have lables, do you group similar ones together, etc.

Onion Budgie

I don't keep track of mine, but that's because my collection isn't impossibly huge (yet). I have maybe 30 or so tumblestones that don't need labelling, I know what they are. I keep them in a velvet baggie. I have over 40 other carvings and points placed around my home. I just remember what & where they all are.

If my tumblestone collection keeps growing, I'll need to reconsider!

queen_of_cups_15

i'm pretty familiar with the names of all my crystals, so i keep them all in a cloth bag. but i do keep the little cards that explain there meaning in a box.

jolie_amethyst

The ones that are really geologic specimens are labeled with tiny laminated labels stuck to the bottom with mineral tack--those are basically crystals on some sort of matrix, and they have the name & mining location on them. I'm now doing this whether I bought the specimen for use in a grid or just for display. When a crystal of this sort comes into the house, I just type up the label in a 6pt font & print it out.

Crystals that are meant for crystal grids are currently in ziplocs that I need to label, and those bags are in a leather wrapped hatbox. Miscellaneous tumblestones that I only have one or two of that are not actively "working" in a grid or display are piled in a bowl on my desk, and that bowl is surrounded by a bunch of other crystals, like clear quartz and amethyst clusters.

I should probably stick a label with stone names to the bottom of each grid or dish display I have, now that I think about it.